Trailers: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Official E3 Trailer

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Official E3 Trailer

What happens when our greatest heroes decide being a hero isn't all its cracked up to be?

Watch Video

My problem with this is that if it's just a straight up brawler then it ruins the whole point of the "Who would win in a fight" debate.

The Flash isn't going to be too fast for Wonder Woman to hit.
And i somehow doubt that Batman's going to have a block-out-the-sun or put-on-kryptonite-ring move to defeat Superman.

depending on the roster this game could be amazing. cant wait to find out more about it

I like Grundy's design here.

I don't get it. Is it just a generic super heroes brawler? Then why call it injustice? I was hoping to play a super hero that goes ape-shit on the city he is supposed to protect (because he gets sued or something). This is just tekken with super heroes? Lame

I think they should make it completely fateful to how powerful the characters are, and take a few medical classes too, so that if Superman breaks every bone in Batmans body when Batman tries to bodyslam him, then Batman lies on the ground, and the Batman player will have to try very hard to make his limbs behave well enough that he can reach his cellphone and call the hospital.

Not the way it worked in Mortal Kombat with nice x-ray shots of bones breaking, and livers being stabbed and the people not noticing being hurt, still fighting just as well as before.

That would be a fun game. And I mean, it's not like they're just reskinning an old fighting game with a few new animations for finishing moves, of course it'll be both fateful, realistic (within the context of the story universe) and belieavable.

Can't wait!

I'm not very interested in the "Fighter" genre of games, but, it does make me wonder WHY all these superheroes suddenly decided to beat the crap out of each other. I'm guessing some form of mind control even if that's never ever happened in the comics, at all, ever.

Looks like a waste of a great premise. Wonderful.

That aside, does anyone know who the not-Wonder-Woman lady is? She didn't seem to be in shot for long enough for me to tell.

iseko:
I don't get it. Is it just a generic super heroes brawler? Then why call it injustice? I was hoping to play a super hero that goes ape-shit on the city he is supposed to protect (because he gets sued or something). This is just tekken with super heroes? Lame

Agreed.

Way to turn an interesting premise into the same type of superhero fighting game you've been making for years there DC. What a waste of a good idea.

Silver:
I think they should make it completely fateful to how powerful the characters are, and take a few medical classes too, so that if Superman breaks every bone in Batmans body when Batman tries to bodyslam him, then Batman lies on the ground, and the Batman player will have to try very hard to make his limbs behave well enough that he can reach his cellphone and call the hospital.

Yeah, but Batman would never do that. He would never go one-on-one against Superman with no plan. He'd trap him in Kryptonite, or take Lois Lane hostage or something.
Because his power can't be measured by how hard he can punch.

Which is why having him in a fighting-game against all these other heroes is kinda silly, but I'm fine with silly, it's fanservice, and if it was about characters I really liked, I might be interested. How powerful and fast most of these characters are isn't consistent anyway.

Maybe the best way to make Batman work in a game like that would be to make him very strategic character focused on countering the enemy-attacks and weakening them.

Anyway, I'm not seeing what the selling point of this game is, aren't there DC fighting games already?

ciancon:
My problem with this is that if it's just a straight up brawler then it ruins the whole point of the "Who would win in a fight" debate.

The Flash isn't going to be too fast for Wonder Woman to hit.
And i somehow doubt that Batman's going to have a block-out-the-sun or put-on-kryptonite-ring move to defeat Superman.

Indeed, these guys and gals just do not match up one on one against each other...
And why does Supes slam his opponent back to Earth after hitting him out of the atmosphere?
Wouldn't they just die of asphyxiation without requiring any more action on his part than walking away?

Logic and this kind of game reallllly don't mix.
Bah. Make up some cool new characters and make THEM stars instead of ripping some property off.

Lieju:
Yeah, but Batman would never do that. He would never go one-on-one against Superman with no plan. He'd trap him in Kryptonite, or take Lois Lane hostage or something.

Oh, oh, they can make his move a cell-phone, and if he's fast enough he can give the other character the phone, and they find out it's someone they love, and he's kidnapped them beforehand, and they have to negotiate their release, and then he calls Albert and airdrops their weakness. And if he's not fast enough they kill him before the phone is answered, but they find it on the ground, and hear the last pained cry of their loved one dying on the other end, so it's bittersweet, because you sort of won, but you lost everything to do it.

It'd be a really deep and philosophical game and you'd have the players think about why they fight in the first place and the pointlessness of their powers when they can't save the ones they love, and tournaments would be decided 40% by game performace, 40% by an essay on the morality of superhero violence, and 20% on a poem written in the style of the character they played, lamenting their loss of humanity.

SonicWaffle:
Looks like a waste of a great premise. Wonderful.

That aside, does anyone know who the not-Wonder-Woman lady is? She didn't seem to be in shot for long enough for me to tell.

iseko:

Agreed.

Word is that it's Harley Quinn.

Still this could be cool. It reminds me of that one Justice League special where they meet their alternate reality Fascist-selves, the Justice Lords. Could be something like their "Rise to Power" and whatnot. I'll keep an eye on this one.

SonicWaffle:

Harley Quinn. Not a fan of her design in this game, but most of the others seem alright. And maybe this game will have alt costumes.

I want to be interested in this game, and it's certainly one I'll be following closely, but I don't wanna get too excited because I'm already willing to bet that none of my DC Top 3 are gonna be present in this game (Power Girl, Blue Beetle and Larfleeze) even if they aren't, I still might get it.

I just have to see who they decide to add and how the game really presents itself.

They've done this before... Its called Mortal Combat vs DC universe... They even had a weird mind meltdown that made them go ape shit... lol

Silver:

Lieju:

Oh, oh, they can make his move a cell-phone, and if he's fast enough he can give the other character the phone, and they find out it's someone they love, and he's kidnapped them beforehand, and they have to negotiate their release, and then he calls Albert and airdrops their weakness. And if he's not fast enough they kill him before the phone is answered, but they find it on the ground, and hear the last pained cry of their loved one dying on the other end, so it's bittersweet, because you sort of won, but you lost everything to do it.

It'd be a really deep and philosophical game and you'd have the players think about why they fight in the first place and the pointlessness of their powers when they can't save the ones they love, and tournaments would be decided 40% by game performace, 40% by an essay on the morality of superhero violence, and 20% on a poem written in the style of the character they played, lamenting their loss of humanity.

Ah, but you see, if you have to fight and use violence you have already lost. The only way to win is not to play.

Well, sounds more interesting than what they are actually doing with the game.

Good Things: Solomon Grundy looks amazing, the "special move through a building/into orbit" stuff looks great, Harley Quinn's new awesome look is great, and Wonder Woman is wearing pants!

Bad Things: The costumes for Batman, Flash and Superman are obviously based on the New 52 designs and it just shows how bad those three costumes look when you take them to their 3D rendered conclusions. Flash is wearing a medieval gauntlet on his hand, Batman's cowl looks like he drew lines on it to "be scary" and Superman i wearing scorched armor. Repeating in a different way, the man who is invulnerable to a nuclear weapon is wearing armor.

Also... why a fighting game? Didn't Mortal Kombat vs DC fail? Why not something akin to Ultimate Alliance?

You know..I'm geting tierd of seeing people making superheros and other fictions more darker and violent. Seeing the line that reads "what if our greatest heroes becomes are greatest threat?" makes me say "really gentleman?"..The game might be ok or avrage but can thay stop trying go for the dark facter and start making intresting light stories with likeable characters, for a change? Or maybe having a dark story but bright-hearted characters.

Injustice i'm not sure of but the idea where superheros gone more ruthless and deadlier, seem abit unnecessary and has been done many times. like the 1990's or 2000's justice leage episode, where we see a more colder verson on the superheros, then entering the original justice leage universe, ones we know and like interfering each other to show moral conflict on thair differences, aswell how their events could be lead to that, or even having bad side of superman from superman 3 (with christopher reed) confronting his bad self.I'm sure it can be intresting, just it felt its been done before.

What i'm basicly saying is that injustice the game, might be ok but the darkness and grittyness, puts me off abit and might likely be very similer to other bland dark games.

If you like my writing let me know and tell me of what you think.

Thank you for reading

Why do i get the feeling those big moves are going to get old fast, especially considering that the flash appeared to get back up to fight after being knocked into orbit

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here