Trailers: Guardians of Middle Earth - CG Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Guardians of Middle Earth - CG Trailer

This is the game that every Lord of the Rings fan has been waiting for.

Watch Video

Soooooo, whats this game about?

I'm confused, what is the game actually about?

EDIT: Wait, is this that Dota one there was a news post about last week?

imnotparanoid:
I'm confused, what is the game actually about?

EDIT: Wait, is this that Dota one there was a news post about last week?

Yeah it is. Nice trailer, told us nothing about what to expect though. And I can't figure out who the dwarf is... Can't remember if any of them uses a hammer... Gloin has one in the BFME series though.

Gandalf vs Smeagol...

yea...

need some nerf...

This looks positively stupid.

Midget Gollum charging Gandalf was pretty funny, other than that, looked pretty stupid.

Whoever posted this doesn't deserve a job in a gaming website.

This trailer was without doubt the worst thing I've seen in 30+ years of gaming (and I've seen plenty), not to mention a kick in the nuts of every LOTR fan.

In my deathbed I'll still remember this POS and hope that whoever did it is burning in hell.

My reaction half way through the trailer was "what the fuck is this shit?"

So stupid.

Pretty definitively NOT the game every LOTR fan has been waiting for.

EDIT: You know what, I'm not usually this blunt and rude, but whoever wrote that it was the game we were waiting for needs to have their head examined. Seriously, what self-respecting LOTR fan wanted a shitty DOTA clone where you play as inaccurate versions of the characters?

How does this game even work with the LOTR universe? What the fuck, guys.

Gollum vs. Gandalf is supposed to be at ALL balanced? Riiight. a mutated hobbit versus a Maiar. Gollum is gonna be a small wet splotch on the ground,,,

Team Hollywood:

No... no it isn't. Quite that opposite actually.

I'm quite surprised that no big studio has yet to capture Tolkien's magic in video games like the modding community 3rd Age Total War has.

This new LOTR game represents the "Battleshipping" of an old franchise.

What the hell did I just watch?

Well that right there was a big bag of meh.

Also the guy doing the VA for Gandalf is so bad it's hilarious.

Starke:
What the hell did I just watch?

Your avatar fits this post hilariously well.

I love LOTOR games (I've completed LotoR: The Third Age multiple times, and that was a very very bad game) and I wish this one every success, but I'm not going to be getting it. I found multiplayer arena battles pretty unfun, there's always too much stun-locking, high pressure on failure and wins creep up slowly rather than from being minute-on-minute action/strategy and whilst LOTOR is a very fun setting for this, it's not a very LOTOR setting. No scope, no epic battles, no travelling, exploring or tales. The idea of Gandalf and Sauron heading down for a bit of one-on-one combat will always be tongue in cheek

Sorry but I can't stop laughing that the evil team got Gollum on their side. What happen? Was the Uruk Hai, Orc, or even a Haradrim (the people riding the elephant) were unavailable when Sauron wanted to form a evil team to fight Gandalf team?
From the look of the trailer I'm assuming it would like the LOTR version of FF Dissidia

Fuck this game. Why do the LOTR gaming license holders feel like they need to constantly fuck Tolkien's corpse? Make an accurate game, and we'll buy it.

The game can be crap, but as long as it tries to hold true to the lore, we'll buy it.

Want to see what a functional, not-utterly-incorrect-in-every-sense, action-based LOTR game with the trappings of the genre looks like? Try War in the North.

Almost forgot:

Team Hollywood:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Team Hollywood:

Where is it? All I keep getting is an advertisement for Mortal Kombat Mod.

"This is the game that every Lord of the Rings fan has been waiting for."

Yes.

If they were under 12 years old
and if by "Lord of the rings fan" you mean "drooling WoW/Cod audience kids with such short attention span they need flashy lights every second to keep them playing"

Seriously.
This planet...goddamit

lolwut pretty much describes everything that needs to be said here.

That was so uninformative I think getting slapped with the title might have been more informative. Is this seriously a DOTA game? It looks more like, as someone above mentioned, the equivalent of Dissidia. Which, frankly, would be amazing. At least compared to this.

Burn it! Burn it with righteous fire!

Anyone have the Kill Sat remote within reach?

BlindWorg:
Burn it! Burn it with righteous fire!

Anyone have the Kill Sat remote within reach?

Mine is in my other pants, damnit! We may have to call in the TF2 Pyro. His fire is pretty righteous...

A lot of the reactions in this thread summed up quite nicely.

Well, this is only a cinematic trailer. But even then it doesn't look that promising, so far at least.

CJ1145:
lolwut pretty much describes everything that needs to be said here.

That was so uninformative I think getting slapped with the title might have been more informative. Is this seriously a DOTA game? It looks more like, as someone above mentioned, the equivalent of Dissidia. Which, frankly, would be amazing. At least compared to this.

Well, the LoL trailor really didn't tell you much about the game either, it's just a cinematic to garner interest n such. I'm waiting until the gameplay footage rolls in before I start condemning it with righteous fury.

RvLeshrac:

What the hell is wrong with you?[/quote]
It's called sarcasm, dewd.

Team Hollywood:

Funniest thing I've read in weeks.

Gollum vs Gandalf is simply too ridiculous to get annoyed by. However, if the makers of this game ever got their hands on LOTRO I'd have to shoot them, for the good of all free peoples.

Looks like crap, plain and simple.

Why are they still milking the lotr franchise for money seriously. They should have just stopped at "Rise of the Witchking.'

never heard of this game before now, and after watching the trailer, still had no idea what it was, if i had to have a guess, i would of thought it was a fighter game. it wasnt until i read the comments that i found it is supposed to be a dota game.

All that is gold does not glitter, but this? This is not golden.

JaceArveduin:
Can't remember if any of them uses a hammer... Gloin has one in the BFME series though.

Thorin II Oakenshield wielded a great war hammer in the Battle of Five Armies, so it could possibly be him.

RvLeshrac:
Fuck this game. Why do the LOTR gaming license holders feel like they need to constantly fuck Tolkien's corpse? Make an accurate game, and we'll buy it.

But, the elves can cast shield spells and Sauron breathes fire, that was totally in the books right? I guess what do we really expect from a DotA/LoL clone? Still, "fucking Tolkiens's corpse," is a pretty accurate description.

the response you dont want from a trailer is "wtf was that" and they have remarkably managed to achieve that with pretty much everyone :) well done i think

I hate to echo, but indeed this video didn't show anything of the game. It was boring (looked nice though) but ultimately revealed nothing. Also the Escapist blurb was incorrect and misleading. I certainly would not have clicked the link if I knew it would be a shallow attempt to profit from the movies.

I sincerely hope that the OP is supposed to be sarcastic....

So basically it's what LOTR would have been like if it had been written by a hyperactive 12 year old? Yeah, that's the game I've been waiting for *sarcasm*

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here