Trailers: Doom 3: BFG Edition - Announcement Trailer

Doom 3: BFG Edition - Announcement Trailer

Doom 3 is finally making its way to HD. Just in time to blow your mind with a BFG Edition.

Watch Video

...well, they've got my money.

I don't care what anyone says. I liked Doom 3. I liked it a lot. I LOVED DOOM 3. And having shiny HD graphics on everything can't hurt at all. And new levels, neat. So what the hell, it's not like there's anything else upcoming that I'm excited about.

Wait... the same Doom 3 from years ago which everybody hated? Why did an HD re-release of this get any of Bethesda's shiny, shiny funding?

nayrbarr:
Wait... the same Doom 3 from years ago which everybody hated? Why did an HD re-release of this get any of Bethesda's shiny, shiny funding?

Doom3 received alot of heat when it was released. IMHO this was mainly because people were expecting a "Guns Blazing" Doom like 1 and 2 and not a "Sneaky Creepy" Doom like what 3 turned out to be. Note that these were mostly the same critics that like to fault game developers for not being innovative and trying out something different...

Anyway, I think Doom 3 was, still is, an awesome game.

Edit: I think Bethesda re-releasing this game is an attempt at improving Id Software's balance sheet. Id had quite a bit of debt when Bethesda stepped in, RAGE was in development for ages and I presume it didn't sell as well as it should have. A Doom3 HD re-release can bring in fresh cash without a big investment.

Is this being released for PC as well? The Escapist lists platforms as XBOX, PS3, PC, but the trailer only mentions XBOX and PS3!

No PC release would be disappointing.

so they want me to buy the whole game again just to have some extra levels??? it better be very cheap, because i already have doom 3 and it works fine.
at least its available for pc as well.

I liked Doom 3, but the graphics or gameplay hasn't changed at all in this "HD" re-release. The HD 360 version looks exactly the same as the original game on the PC. It doesn't even look much different from the original xbox version. Dafuq? why buy this?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here