Trailers: Far Cry 3 - E3 Trailer

Far Cry 3 - E3 Trailer

Fight Club meets Far Cry.

Watch Video

Damn. It's getting real heart of darkness on us now, ain't it?

Okay I don't care if there was body paint, THAT was a naked pair of female nipples I just saw.
And no age restriction? Does this mean we FINALLY have equality between the sexes?

I had to do the age check before I could view it...go figure. Looks interesting, I wonder if they're still going to do the whole weapons cache/upgrade system from Far Cry 2. I liked that. The world was a little bit too big for what side missions were available but it was still a lot of fun. Hhhmm, I will be watching with great interest.

Game looks good, but the swearing was a bit goddamn out of place, if you fucking ask me.

I got to say I'm a little excited for this game. It looks amazing. So bright for such a seemingly dark game. Makes a change from the gritty games I'm getting thrown at me. Now as long as it doesn't make the same mistakes as FC2, such as way too frequently respawning enemies, giving me a story which I didn't really understand / care about, giving me characters I didn't care about, and being slightly too big in terms of the map for it's own good, then this will likely be my No.1 game to look out for.

Then again there are a few things I hope it keeps the same. The multiplayer I actually really enjoyed, even if it was a bit rough. The map creator, the insane body punishing ways of healing yourself and the feeling of being just a man and not Rambo. Keeping these and refining the mistakes will probably have this game on my favourite list.

BrionJames:
I had to do the age check before I could view it...go figure. Looks interesting, I wonder if they're still going to do the whole weapons cache/upgrade system from Far Cry 2. I liked that. The world was a little bit too big for what side missions were available but it was still a lot of fun. Hhhmm, I will be watching with great interest.

Yeah, I hate that about the Escapist, have stopped watching trailers here entirely, whenever I see something that interests me, I just hop onto YouTube. No age check (because my age is noted in my damn account), no ads and more than one quality option. Oh and before you say publisher's club, I don't have to pay for it.

OT: I'm getting dangerously excited for this game. From all I'm seeing in it, it's gonna be one of the best games in a long while. I just hope we still have the giant open world and the freedom to explore it, open world FPSs are just too damn rare and FC has some beautiful mechanics in the combat to boot (you gotta love sniper wounding)

This definitely makes up for that other abysmal trailer. I like that they're going the sanity route, that this is a dark game wrapped in pretty visuals, and I hope they'll fix the travel issues that plagued FarCry 2. All in all, looking forward to this.

Vrach:

Yeah, I hate that about the Escapist, have stopped watching trailers here entirely, whenever I see something that interests me, I just hop onto YouTube. No age check (because my age is noted in my damn account), no ads and more than one quality option. Oh and before you say publisher's club, I don't have to pay for it.

OT: I'm getting dangerously excited for this game. From all I'm seeing in it, it's gonna be one of the best games in a long while. I just hope we still have the giant open world and the freedom to explore it, open world FPSs are just too damn rare and FC has some beautiful mechanics in the combat to boot (you gotta love sniper wounding)

Definitely. I wonder how they'll work multiplayer. Far Cry 2 did all right, but they had some server issues. They're maps needed a little work too. Other than that, the way the combat functioned was one of my favorite things about that game.

BrionJames:

Vrach:

Definitely. I wonder how they'll work multiplayer. Far Cry 2 did all right, but they had some server issues. They're maps needed a little work too. Other than that, the way the combat functioned was one of my favorite things about that game.

Not excited for MP myself. Yes, FC2 had a niche appeal to it with the wounding and such and I loved playing with with just a few friends (even playing a map with 3 people was fun), but FC3 went for a full on CoD approach (look for a YT video) and I'm just not into that kind of gameplay.

Now co-op that I'm seeing the news of below? That could work. *goes off to check it out*

Already have story issues with it :D It instantly made me interpret the women as bad, manipulative bent on twisting you to kill innocent people and rack up a toll of death to satisfy her petty revenge.

I think we come to a point where the better these games stories become, the more uncomfortable we are with the idea of actually playing them. People have pointed out that it's beginning to feel wrong to mow down 100's of enemies as the lovable Drake of Uncharted and for me saying 'everyone of those people deserves to die' does the opposite of making it easier. The way we get around it, is in our heads the mooks who aren't part of the story aren't human, they're just targets, if you try to justify it like this suddenly it's become, who appointed you the arbiter of life and death, if they deserve to die then they're human and I don't want to shoot them.

It wouldn't stop me enjoying the game, but it'd stop me from connecting with the story whilst I play the game

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It's waiting for this game to come out. Seriously, this looks amazing. Then again, so did Far Cry 2. Please don't mess it up, please don't mess it up...

5-0:
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? It's waiting for this game to come out. Seriously, this looks amazing. Then again, so did Far Cry 2. Please don't mess it up, please don't mess it up...

I'd like to think that we'd be able to spot if they'd made the same mistakes as Far Cry 2 did, and I like to hope that they wouldn't have come up with new mistakes. For what it's worth, Far Cry 2 was a good game; there just wasn't enough of it. Seriously, there was about half an hour of gameplay copy-pasted the fill however many hours it was meant to be.

nayrbarr:

I'd like to think that we'd be able to spot if they'd made the same mistakes as Far Cry 2 did, and I like to hope that they wouldn't have come up with new mistakes. For what it's worth, Far Cry 2 was a good game; there just wasn't enough of it. Seriously, there was about half an hour of gameplay copy-pasted the fill however many hours it was meant to be.

Yep, that was my problem with it too. Great graphics, great setting, so much potential, but it was thrown away with seriously repetitive gameplay.

nayrbarr:

5-0:

Also, weapon jamming.

... okay looks a little too close to far cry 2 which btw had nothing to do with far cry 1 and whoever thought that got cheated.. aka me. But I mean maybe it will just be a good game I mean it is certainly a very different game compared to what we are used to.

Far Cry 3 looks like a pretty interesting game. I wonder if players will be able to use weapons when hang gliding.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here