Trailers: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Sora and Riku return for this next installment of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Watch Video

Alright, I'll do a Pro's and Con's List:

+ Beautiful

+ Looks like fun, although that is for the majority of Kingdom Hearts games.

+ The New Sidekicks look kind of cool...

- I've gotta play both Sora and Riku to finish this game? Lame...

- What was going on when Sora was falling through the sky? Was that a Mickey Mouse Comic or Manga?

- They only showed a Tron Level, a Mickey Mouse and the Three Mousequeteers Level, and Traverse town.

- The New Sidekicks... Why is it not Donald, Goofy, and Character X from Universe X?

All In All, this looks kind of neat, and I might get it eventually...

I really don't know what to think of all these handheld filler installments anymore. I'm sick of playing them and wish they'd just make a console installment already. Personally I think they keep doing them on handhelds so they don't have to spend the money updating the graphics for the PS3 or Xbox 360, which sort of infuriates me even more.

Wait, what was that about completing the story? Is this Kingdom Hearts 3, then? Is this the end, the next actual segment people care about, or another Chain of Memories/Birth By Sleep, where there's important bits, but they're not as good, and more about backstory to the more important bits?

I'm sorry, I see this and all I can think of is I'm a Chittering Baboon.

Please enlighten me. From what I last knew, there was Kingdom Hearts 1 then Kingdom Hearts 2. After that, there was Chain of Memories, which supposedly filled the gap between 1 and 2. I remember seeing more but I just can't keep up.

It's also been forever since I played these games so I feel the story is going to be lost on me. Not that I mind to much, I really enjoyed the series and even if I have no idea what's going on, I'll probably enjoy this.

Nope.

I don't care what they call it.

I'm still calling it Derpy Doggy Dance.

Scrythe:
Nope.

I don't care what they call it.

I'm still calling it Derpy Doggy Dance.

Yes!

And the thing that annoys me about KH is it stupid story progression. Birth By Sleep is pretty relevant to the lore and anyone who didn't play it is pretty much screwed. I can see a lot of people playing KH3 who don't give a crap about these "spin-offs" go WTF because of the whole Xhi-blade issue. It's sort of a dick move from Squeenix but what the hooha the games are at least pretty fun to play.

and if there is one thing I'll start worshipping Squeenix for it's the possibility of getting a new TWEWY. Distancing yourself from your overdone boring generic fantasy main tree and showing some love to your other franchises? way to go!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here