Trailers: God of War Ascension

Third person, action, multi player, actually interested to see how it works.

ah, so it is a prequel. wonder when it takes place, chronologically. apparently after he realises ares is a bit of a douche, though before or after chains of olympus?

From what I can ascertain (guess) pre-becoming Ares' attack dog.

The God of War franchise has felt redundant to me since the original; they are all the same and small alterations and graphical updates don't encourage me to pay for a new disc.

VoidWanderer:
From what I can ascertain (guess) pre-becoming Ares' attack dog.

Really? Thought he only wielded the blades of chaos after his deal with Ares

It's kind of getting to the point where they make a game of every chapter of Kratos' life. What are they gonna do next "Before he was the Ghost of sparta, before he became Aries' dog of war. GOD of WAR: THE AWKWARD HIGHSCHOOL YEARS, followed by GOD of WAR: THE TERRIBLE TODDELER."

Lurklen:
GOD of WAR: THE AWKWARD HIGHSCHOOL YEARS

They could colaborate with Rockstar for this one. I can already see the trailer! Having one eye covered by an emo hair-cut and listening to My Chemical Romance.

Zulnam:

Lurklen:

They could colaborate with Rockstar for this one. I can already see the trailer! Having one eye covered by an emo hair-cut and listening to My Chemical Romance.

\

"God of War: Bully Edition": When Ares betrays Kratos, Kratos must rally up the Spartans to show this bully once and for all, who the bitch really is. Coming March, 2013

mikeybuthge:

Zulnam:

Lurklen:

\

"God of War: Bully Edition": When Ares betrays Kratos, Kratos must rally up the Spartans to show this bully once and for all, who the bitch really is. Coming March, 2013

Oh man this would be an awesome parody! I really wanna play this one now over the already-done violent third person action game they're going to poop out. Too bad games are art and hardcore gamers are more stuck up than bankers.

No, seriously, we need more funny games. If I see another serious dark violent action game about a serious dark protagonist who's caught up in a serious dark conflict I'll puke. Which is unfortunate, since the next E3 announcement will be in probably 5 minutes or so.

At least make a "Serious Dark" genre to catalog these things easier.

Pallindromemordnillap:
ah, so it is a prequel. wonder when it takes place, chronologically. apparently after he realises ares is a bit of a douche, though before or after chains of olympus?

Before Chains of Olympus. The game will be set one year after he is put into service to the Gods.

Frankly I really mis-read the advertising for this game, the whole "Begin a Warrior, Become a Champion" I interpreted as a 'build your own hero ME style and kill Kratos' situation which I was way down for (I dont even really know if he's already dead since i didnt really pay attention well after about halfway through 2) , point being, i guess its actually a multiplayer thing.. nah, thanks though

Mythological Heroes pack?
Apparently many people haven't realized this is KRATOS they're talking about.
You'd think he would proven he's no 'hero' a long time ago.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here