Trailers: Assassin's Creed III: Frontier Walktrough

Assassin's Creed III: Frontier Walktrough

I guess infiltrate was really more of a suggestion than an objective.

Watch Video

Saw this with me cousin not long ago, the only thing that bugs me is how there is little indication of what trees can be climbed and jumped on, a slight movement could mean splat. Also, I imagine the climbable cliffs will have better indication...don't want to escape my pursuers by falling on my face because the cliffs look like they could be scaled. Running kills...FUCKING FINALLY, no more breaking momentum when chasing a target down! looking forward on seeing how the seasons change.

Combat doesn't seem to have changed much, they still don't seem all that eager to attack.

Really, really, really looking forward to this. I wasn't interested enough in Revelation's to buy it (I watched a walkthrough online) but i'l definitely be buying this, it looks... it looks...

I'm sorry i'm getting all emotional! *wipes tear from eye*

*Sips tea while overseeing flogging*. LIKE A SIR!

Alright Im sold on this game. Looks like its going to be extremely brutal.

This game from this demo does look good, I'll check it out

OMG!!! Were those animals Templars!!?

Looks really good, I like the running kills, but isn't this ASSASSIN'S Creed and not Supersoldier's Creed? Oh well, I hope that you can take a stealthier approach in the game.

AntiChrist:
*Sips tea while overseeing flogging*. LIKE A SIR!

It's the British way, damnit!

I do hope there are some missions where you have to fight the Revolutionaries though.

VeryOddGamer:
Looks really good, I like the running kills, but isn't this ASSASSIN'S Creed and not Supersoldier's Creed? Oh well, I hope that you can take a stealthier approach in the game.

My sentiments exactly. The animations do look pretty though, and I have to admit that I like the general look. The CGI trailer was terrible though. Have you seen it? It takes the "supersoldier" to an extreme.

BlackStar42:
Combat doesn't seem to have changed much, they still don't seem all that eager to attack.

To be completely fair, should they be very eager to attack someone as dangerous as our man here? I mean, think about it, Altair and Ezio both ended up earning reputations as badasses, and guards weren't terribly eager to fight them, so maybe Conner here has earned a similar reputation, too?

I mean, I see the hesetation, and I think back to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, were baddies do hesitate, because they're scared shitless.

The Critic:

BlackStar42:

To be completely fair, should they be very eager to attack someone as dangerous as our man here? I mean, think about it, Altair and Ezoi both ended up earning reputations as badasses, and guards weren't terribly eager to fight them, so maybe Conner here has earned a similar reputation, too?

I mean, I see the hesetation, and I think back to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, were baddies do hesitate, because they're scared shitless.

True, but they also don't seem to run away either (apart from that one bloke at the end, which I suspect is a predetermined sequence), they just stand around like lambs to the slaughter. Since guns are so prevalent in the game now, I was expecting more of an emphasis on stealth. Instead, he brings a tomahawk to a gun fight and wins. Still stoked for the game though!

nayrbarr:

VeryOddGamer:

My sentiments exactly. The animations do look pretty though, and I have to admit that I like the general look. The CGI trailer was terrible though. Have you seen it? It takes the "supersoldier" to an extreme.

I just watched it and yeah, it's even less assassin-like. Charging IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLEFIELD? Really? Goddamnit Ubisoft, this is not how assassins work!

VeryOddGamer:

nayrbarr:

VeryOddGamer:

I just watched it and yeah, it's even less assassin-like. Charging IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLEFIELD? Really? Goddamnit Ubisoft, this is not how assassins work!

I was expecting him to use the explosion as a distraction to slip past the guards. On open field sequence worked because of the human shield mechanic, which seems like a good solution to be, but a musket could only be fired around once every 20 seconds and that involved a lot of reloading time so it makes sense when the guys charged after the first volley failed. Once he was in the base though there was no excuse and no logical way to him to get out alive.

finally some ingame scenes. looked really good. the other trailer was just weird by charging a whole army but this again, gave me a good impression.
im so getting this.

I'm liking the combat so far, but one thing I would like to see is enemies at least trying to reload their musket when not attacking. Might give a sense of urgency during combat, where you have to try and stop them reloading, like the gun lockers in Arkham Asylum.

Maniac2807:
I'm liking the combat so far, but one thing I would like to see is enemies at least trying to reload their musket when not attacking. Might give a sense of urgency during combat, where you have to try and stop them reloading, like the gun lockers in Arkham Asylum.

I think they did when he was in the base, but that said they all missed anyways.

Can I play this game as the British and kill that silly assassin?

VeryOddGamer:

nayrbarr:

VeryOddGamer:

Well actually, there is no predetermined ways that an assassin to work. They do not have to use stealth, but that method of assassination has become more popular in media in recent years. It was actually a reasonable tactic to charge the battlefield, considering the inaccuracy of the guns and how long they take to reload. It has also been said that Connor is more aggressive than most assassin's. Also because of how large the guns were, there was practically no chance that the British could have killed Connor close range.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here