Trailers: Pokemon Conquest

Pokemon Conquest

Pokemon meets Final Fantasy Tactics.

Watch Video

That actually looks pretty awesome. Take a popular game style and ADD MOAR POKEMON.

Two great tastes that go great together.

Pretty awesome, it was released in Japan over a month ago and now it should be out in North America on June 18th, bring it here to the EU next Nintendo! Shame it couldn't be 3DS though, still waiting for a Pokemon game on that.

I was waiting for this....oh man will it be cool.

*Looks at pile of tactics and pokemon games on floor* Well I'm sold, I'll go wait patiently

Pretty please bring it to europe!

This looks so ace. I am seriously looking forward to this. I mean, I freaking love both Pokemon and tactics games, so I think this one's a pretty easy to sell to me :P Definitely a must-buy for me.

Looks like a Pokemon game with less focus on the actual Pokemon, and more on the humans. No thanks, (unless more info convinces me otherwise).

Just when I say I won't allow myself to be milked from Nintendo again...

Shut up and take my milk!

Although,on a more serious note,I guess I'll wait a little first, my pockets are still bitter from D3 and they'll surely grow a pair of arms and slap me if such a fail happens again.

I really hope that you have some choice to what your first pokemon is and it isn't just eevee. I don't hate eevee, but it just seems so bland to me. I wonder how many pokemon will be in the game...

CardinalPiggles:
Looks like a Pokemon game with less focus on the actual Pokemon, and more on the humans. No thanks, (unless more info convinces me otherwise).

I don't think we were watching the same trailer.

It's Samurai Warriors + Pokemon + Tactics Games.

LOOKS AMAZING.

I'll give 'em this, that certainly does look like an interesting variation.

Hmm.. Looks pretty good. Of course, I have to wonder what Nintendo is smoking with..

Platform: DS

Guys, you need to make arguments to leave the DS platform. Give us more reasons to buy the 3DS. Yes, we get it, it plays all the DS hits (that didn't need the GBA slot), but that'll only go so far. We need 3DS games.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

CardinalPiggles:

I don't think we were watching the same trailer.

It's Samurai Warriors + Pokemon + Tactics Games.

LOOKS AMAZING.

Replace Samurai Warriors with Nobunaga's Ambition and you'll be correct. The original title in Japan was Pokémon X Nobunaga's Ambition. (If memory serves me right...)

I wonder if we'll get a chance to score the shiny Rayquaza for the American Black and White games when this comes out?

I really want this to be good, and for Pokemon tactics spin-offs to become a permanent thing. I would probably end up more invested in those to be honest.

The Pokemon games and show have always hinted at pokemon in historic situations, I'm interested to see where they take this.

The premise looks interesting.

It in a way adds history to the previous Pokemon games.
I mean, what did go down before humans invented the technology of capturing them with Poke-Balls.

As we have historical empire conquests with Gengheskhan, Napolian, Mispellius Caesur; what would they have been like if Pokemon existed in the same universe? They used Elephants, soofc they'd use Pokemon was weapons.

So yeah, if it's as good as Final Fantasy Tactis advance I will certainly get this game eventually.

mew4ever23:
Hmm.. Looks pretty good. Of course, I have to wonder what Nintendo is smoking with..

Platform: DS

Guys, you need to make arguments to leave the DS platform. Give us more reasons to buy the 3DS. Yes, we get it, it plays all the DS hits (that didn't need the GBA slot), but that'll only go so far. We need 3DS games.

Honestly I'm very happy with their choice to release it for the DS. There are very few DS titles I go out of my way to buy (this being one of them) and I have no desire to buy a 3DS. Not because I'm cheap, but because its most notable upgrade from the DS (3D) is useless to me as I don't have the ability to see 3D. I will likely upgrade to the 3DS eventually (within the next year or two) but I'm glad I don't have to wait that long to play this game.

OT: The turn based strategy genre is my favorite when implemented well. Pokemon is the franchise that I've been playing the longest (since it first came out when I was 8). So the pairing of turn based strategy with Pokemon is a definitely something I look forward to and will be buying on release day.

This actually looks interesting. This might be worth coming out of retirement for.

Hmmm.... I've been interested in this for a while. I just hope that it will reach Europe as well. Black and White actually came out over here before North America, and I was hoping that Nintendo had committed to not making us wait two months longer for releases any more. I'm also glad that it doesn't require the 3DS, since I probably wouldn't upgrade just for this.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here