Trailers: New Super Mario Bros. U

New Super Mario Bros. U

One of the launch titles for the Wii U.

Watch Video

> Fun gameplay
> Acron Mushroom and Squirrel Mario
> Baby Yoshi powers ups ( bubble gun, balloon glider, glow in the dark)
> Stunning scenery

I can't wait for this game!
My only issue is the title New Super Mario bros. U....?
Hope the name changes.

New powerups.
New Yoshis.
Cool new levels.

Still not a playable Peach/each character has different mechanics, a la Super Mario Bros 2. Throw that in, and we're talking.

Did like NSMBW, though, so I'll probably end up getting it. Was a good party game.

There were some glimpses of some cool stuff like the baby Yoshis, and I REALLY dug the aesthetics of the level with the Boos and purple water as well as the level with the big stars, but it looks like more of the same. That's not exactly a bad thing, and it's nice to see there'll be a Mario title for the launch of the WiiU, I'm just not quite as excited this time around.

still having issues animating that dress, eh

The animation/art style makes it look, to me at least, somewhat um...Older I suppose in appearance than the wii version. It also doesn't look as bright or openly colorful as the wii version. That might be for the better, but I doubt it will add anything memorable to the franchise. From the video I'd describe it as "Just another Mario game".

GIVE ME NOW!

I don't see a single thing that has changed from the last game. It is essentially Super Mario Bros Wii with different levels. Isn't this the kind of thing we lament franchises like Call of Duty for doing?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here