Trailers: Planetside 2 - Empires At War E3 Trailer

Planetside 2 - Empires At War E3 Trailer

Which faction will you fight for?

Watch Video

Any one hear any news about the beta, I signed up for it months ago and am just so keen for this to come out already.

Daymo:
Any one hear any news about the beta, I signed up for it months ago and am just so keen for this to come out already.

Itīs still in alpha sry gotta wait alot longer.

Woah, modern games like Max Payne 3 and Battlefield 3 have really spoiled the crap out of me. Because this trailer features some of the most godawful animations I've ever seen in a modern game, and only now I see how incredibly jarring they can be. Everything from the walking down to the weapons recoiling looked so very very dated.

I hope it doesn't pull me out of the game too much, because the concept of Planetside 2 is still one of the best things ever,

rolfwesselius:

Daymo:

It's what I expected to hear, yet it is still so dissapointing :(

Cowabungaa:
Woah, modern games like Max Payne 3 and Battlefield 3 have really spoiled the crap out of me. Because this trailer features some of the most godawful animations I've ever seen in a modern game, and only now I see how incredibly jarring they can be. Everything from the walking down to the weapons recoiling looked so very very dated.

I hope it doesn't pull me out of the game too much, because the concept of Planetside 2 is still one of the best things ever,

Its still in alpha, playable, but nowhere near being done.

Also, Terran Republic for me. Death to the traitors and rebels!

Cowabungaa:

Considering it is still in alpha, Ill bet they will be cleaned up a bit, but its still a really big mmofps game so I wouldn't expect the animations to be that fantastic. It isn't the sort of thing that is that important with this kind of game.

Cowabungaa:

Well, apparently the game is still in alpha and a lot of the animations either aren't finished or are wrong. Even then, I'm cool with some of the animations because the original Planetside was probably one of the most ambitious multiplayer games on the PC, considering what it was trying to do. It'll be nice to see it at its full potential in 2012.

Cowabungaa:

Its an MMO, there will be a huge nuber of players in each battle and its in alpha

TheNaut131:
[quote="Cowabungaa" post="6.377746.14745240"] Planetside was probably one of the most ambitious games for the PS2, considering what it was trying to do. It'll be nice to see it at its full potential on the PC.

Planetside was never on PS2, was only ever PC. And for what it was it was absolutely fantastic. DOnt think any game has ever come close to matching the scale of the battles in that game. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If it delivers it could potentially be the only game i need for a while considering how many hours i put into the original.

Dunc2j:

TheNaut131:
[quote="Cowabungaa" post="6.377746.14745240"] Planetside was probably one of the most ambitious games for the PS2, considering what it was trying to do. It'll be nice to see it at its full potential on the PC.

Planetside was never on PS2, was only ever PC. And for what it was it was absolutely fantastic. DOnt think any game has ever come close to matching the scale of the battles in that game. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If it delivers it could potentially be the only game i need for a while considering how many hours i put into the original.

Wait, what are you-oh, well then. With all this talk of Planetside 2 and me being a dunce, my brain somehow processed Planetside 2's initials (PS2) as if stating that the original Planetside was actually on the Playstation 2 at some point...my bad. Editing now.

Even then, it was still a pretty ambitions game on the PC and I can't wait too see how it plays in 2012.

Cowabungaa:

Its still in alpha, a lot of what is in the trailer is probably placeholder animations, I can't imagine its animation would be worse than the originals (and they are in this video).

NOSTALGIA OVERFLOW GAHHHHHHHHHHH~

I loved Planetside when I was a kid.

I'm so exited for this game, it looks amazing, I've been watching the livestreams for this and the whole massive battle thing is pretty damn amazing, all the battles look so intense, this is probably going to be a lot of fun, as for what faction I would play, I think I'd go with Vanu, but I'll probably play all factions and then decide, also the game is already looking damn good considering it's still in Alpha, the finished product is probably going to look amazing.

Daymo:

rolfwesselius:

Daymo:

It's what I expected to hear, yet it is still so dissapointing :(

Thats not actually true closed beta should began in around 1-2 weeks and open beta in 3-4, or so E3 suggests plus the sudden glut of Beta keys on their twitter feed and in things such as US and UK PC Gamer

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here