E3 Preview: Devil May Cry

Pages PREV 1 2

Aiddon:

DigitalSushi:

What, so we are in agreement that Dante in general is an asshole?, congrats Ninja Theory, you guys are sticking quite close to the source material as it turns out!

I'm actually looking forward to this game, lets be honest with ourselves here, the combat in DMC3 was and still perfect. If were are going to get another DMC, then it needs a fresh start with a new combat mechanic and fighting perspective.

Capcom can't do a Street Fighter with DMC and create incremental upgrades because they pretty much nailed it during the last generation. Still I wouldn't complain if Nevan became a paid for DLC, cos she's a sexy beast of a weapon.

Do NOT put words in my mouth. Dante was an eccentric but also fun and lovable braggart, not a boring, joyless twat. He was FUN, he didn't sulk and moan like what NT is doing. That smacking a can out of a random dude's hand is something I expect out of a punk picking a fight for no better reason than to insecurely measure his wang. The REAL Dante from 3 and 4 would not do that because he was written like a guy who had better things to do than puff out his chest like a dipshit going through puberty. NT has no clue how to write in general and they even LESS of an idea how to design games. They're a bunch of hacks.

You have no indication at all that Dante in this game is a boring, joyless twat. I haven't seen him sulk and moan at all, in fact I'd say he's just as silly as the original Dante. So he swears, big deal.

The reason he smacks the can out of the dudes hand and says "That stuff will kill ya" is because that stuff will actually kill him. It's been shown that the demons are putting something in the drinks. The demons in this game are basically everywhere and nobody knows this except for Dante so you could hardly blame him for acting like an asshole anyway considering the whole world is literally trying to kill him.

You're really jumping to extremes based on your own bias and it's clear that you're not able to judge the game objectively. I'm not getting on your case or anything but you're basically saying the same things I thought when this game was first announced but as I started to see more and more I began to judge it on it's own merits.

Level design is fantastic, combat looks great and they actually brought back Mundus, which is something I've been wanting since the first Devil May Cry.

Flailing Escapist:

Anthony Wells:
now i will quote you on this... I HATED the first devil may cry. i liked the second. and the third is by far one of my all time favorite games. and i am STILL looking forward to the new one. i do plan on buying the HD collection.. but also im not gonna judge this game before i try it out.

Let me get this straight, the Hideki Kamiya Devil May Cry you didn't like, in fact you HATED it. You prefer the game where one of the longest and most dynamic boss fights is a helicopter.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just think it's a little..... funny. I'd play DMC1 over 2 any day, that's just the type of gamer I am. But to each his own.

yeah i hated the first one. but i loved the third one. and only liked the second. Aside from the dropoff in difficulty (im not a difficulty whore..i dont care if a game is easy) it had the same quality of story (in my opinion) and thats that. there was nothing wrong with the first one..i just didnt like it.

Anthony Wells:

Flailing Escapist:

Anthony Wells:
now i will quote you on this... I HATED the first devil may cry. i liked the second. and the third is by far one of my all time favorite games. and i am STILL looking forward to the new one. i do plan on buying the HD collection.. but also im not gonna judge this game before i try it out.

Let me get this straight, the Hideki Kamiya Devil May Cry you didn't like, in fact you HATED it. You prefer the game where one of the longest and most dynamic boss fights is a helicopter.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just think it's a little..... funny. I'd play DMC1 over 2 any day, that's just the type of gamer I am. But to each his own.

yeah i hated the first one. but i loved the third one. and only liked the second. Aside from the dropoff in difficulty (im not a difficulty whore..i dont care if a game is easy) it had the same quality of story (in my opinion) and thats that. there was nothing wrong with the first one..i just didnt like it.

I didn't care for the first one either, it was good enough to work my way to the end I'd say the same for 2 though I'll admit the games feel very different to each other, the only game in the series I really loved was 3.

Why are so many people complaining about the Dante's personality, he barely even keeps the same one from game to game as is, first badass sometimes whiny and apparent Oedipus complex, second game wanna be silent badass, third ridiculous over the top one line spewing badass. I'm gonna hold judgement I've liked the newer trailers I've seen.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here