No Right Answer: Best Comic Book-Based Cartoon Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Ah, Batman always seems to bring out the best in the visual gags for these videos~ :allears:

Another example of profound writing, I think it's from either Batman Beyond or JLU, so technically not "B:TAS", but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=2bOJ3uR0s2s&feature=endscreen

I think batman the Animated series was a good choice, but the absence of newer series like Young Justice (and there is a lot of great newer stuff)makes me sad.

Seriously.

I was so frustrated it was not mentioned I decided to finally create an account after years on the Escapist just to point out how sad that is.

That is all.

DWalrus:
I think batman the Animated series was a good choice, but the absence of newer series like Young Justice (and there is a lot of great newer stuff)makes me sad.

Seriously.

I was so frustrated it was not mentioned I decided to finally create an account after years on the Escapist just to point out how sad that is.

That is all.

I think Young Justice is too new to properly gauge to impact it will have on the landscape. But I agree that there are many other current series that are doing very cool things.

Glad you have an account now and you can keep us in line!

I am old enough that both were apart of my childhood.

I can stay TMNT influenced me more than B:TAS. That isn't to say that I would pick TMNT to view over B:TAS. I will always pick B:TAS. The only episodes that stood the test of time for me were the first seven or so episodes of TMNT. But B:TAS... I consider it one of the best tv shows ever made. Not best cartoons, but straight up TV.

However, TMNT ingrained itself on our psyches. I wanted to be Raphael. In your class, you would sort out the Michaelangelos vs the Donatellos. And if you were a lonely Raphael fan like me, you would have an instant friend for life the second you found another one. It was like finding moving Gold. TMNT was such a force in media that it could start friendships and nearly govern your class room.

As I understood the rules, we were judging one which was the best by the impact that cartoon had on us as children. This is another part where B:TAS has some points taken away because there were a good amount of people who had to look back to B:TAS with older and wiser eyes to understand all the subtext that was in these really well written shows. I remember not wanting to watch the episodes with my younger cousin because I spent most of the time explaining things to her that she just didn't get.

But TMNT was a straight up children show. It was colorful, it was catchy, and most of all; It. Had. Options.

If you didn't want to be a surly bad ass, you were out of luck with Batman. If you wanted to be the typical far out and rad 80's kid, you could pick Mikey. If you knew how to get the team together and wanted to save the day, you were in Leo's camp. If you wanted to outthink everyone and fix it all, you were a Don man. If you just thought everything was funny, hey, come be a Raph with me.

Most people in this thread are arguing bias. It's almost the fact that you can not be allowed on the net if you don't have some sort of love for Batman. I personally love B:TAS, but find Batman to be one of the most boring heroes ever. Complain about Superman's a zillion powers if you want, But having the most ridiculously overpowered set of Plot Armor that Bats has ("He wins because he's the God Damned Batman") is right up there.

I DISAGREE WITH THE OUTCOME

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or