Trailers: Dragonball Z Kinect - Launch Trailer

Dragonball Z Kinect - Launch Trailer

Someone should have forwarded a pronunciation guide.

Watch Video

I am actually interested in this game, as long as I can use a controller, and not the kinect.

"Become a super 'sigh-on'!"

I am sorry I am just a huge DBZ fan boy who has watched too much of the episodes and played too much Tenkaichi (You know. the GOOD DBZ games) That just angered me. Now I gotta go bitch about this to all my friends about how this is just a cash-grab because of that.

Don't get me wrong it WAS looking half-way decent. Until that mispronunciation. Then it screamed "CASH GRAB! CASH GRAB! WHO CARES ABOUT QUALITY! CASH GRAB!!!!"

THE VOMIT

IT WON'T STOP

This game looks like Oozaroo shit.

Solo-Wing:

No I think he said be a super Zion which is funny because I thought they turned into Aryans when they powered up.

Where's the dance with Piccolo minigame?
"Do the 'Cabbage Patch' Mr Piccolo."

You just know it's gonna be good when they pronounce "Sayian" wrong. I mean, wow. Had anyone involved even watched the show? Did a single person watch the trailer before they decided to show it at the biggest gaming event of the year? Ridiculous.

I also think it shows that it's time to stop trying to make the Kinect anything more than a party game device. It makes for fun dance games guys, but considering an arcade game is pretty much the best case scenario for motion controls, and it still looks boring as hell, it's probably time to give up. What is surprisingly fun is playing Tenkaichi 3 on Wii. It's very satisfying to do the super moves by making the relevant gestures, like a kamehameha.

brunothepig:
You just know it's gonna be good when they pronounce "Sayian" wrong. I mean, wow. Had anyone involved even watched the show? Did a single person watch the trailer before they decided to show it at the biggest gaming event of the year? Ridiculous.

I also think it shows that it's time to stop trying to make the Kinect anything more than a party game device. It makes for fun dance games guys, but considering an arcade game is pretty much the best case scenario for motion controls, and it still looks boring as hell, it's probably time to give up. What is surprisingly fun is playing Tenkaichi 3 on Wii. It's very satisfying to do the super moves by making the relevant gestures, like a kamehameha.

Oh yeah the Tenkaichi games were fucking fun. Me and my friends still occasionally boot up the PS2 just for some Tenkaichi 3 action. Now if only they made a proper Tentaichi game for this gen. Same controls and feel as the Tenkaichi 2 and 3 games. I Heard that there is Ultimate Tenkaichi but that game does not feel the same. Such a shame.

Solo-Wing:

brunothepig:

Oh yeah the Tenkaichi games were fucking fun. Me and my friends still occasionally boot up the PS2 just for some Tenkaichi 3 action. Now if only they made a proper Tentaichi game for this gen. Same controls and feel as the Tenkaichi 2 and 3 games. I Heard that there is Ultimate Tenkaichi but that game does not feel the same. Such a shame.

Oh yeah, the controls were great. Allowed for some of the awesome stuff you see in the show, like knocking people around the map and hitting in the face with a blast. And like I said, the Wii controls were great, I found I preferred them to the Gamecube controller.
Actually I recently lost my copy, so my girlfriend went out and bought a new (well, pre-owned) copy. Then I found out my mate had my copy. So now we have two copies!

I heard some rumblings about a new Tenkaichi game, which will be the last in the series. It will apparently feature even more characters than number 3, so I guess they'll be delving more into GT and/or Dragonball. Which would be cool.
Will probably hear more about that very soon, it being E3 and all.

brunothepig:

Solo-Wing:

brunothepig:

Oh yeah, the controls were great. Allowed for some of the awesome stuff you see in the show, like knocking people around the map and hitting in the face with a blast. And like I said, the Wii controls were great, I found I preferred them to the Gamecube controller.
Actually I recently lost my copy, so my girlfriend went out and bought a new (well, pre-owned) copy. Then I found out my mate had my copy. So now we have two copies!

I heard some rumblings about a new Tenkaichi game, which will be the last in the series. It will apparently feature even more characters than number 3, so I guess they'll be delving more into GT and/or Dragonball. Which would be cool.
Will probably hear more about that very soon, it being E3 and all.

Oh no man. Ultimate Tenkaichi is already out. And it is not as good as the Previous titles.

Be fair. They gave the script to a voice actor. It's possible he is unfamiliar with the material, even if the devs are avid fans. Remember Lance Henricksen's recent comments about Mass Effect 3?

Man cmooon...how do you fuck this up! its fucking dragon ball. just let people shout kamehameha and throw it and you got a winner.

Become a Super CYAN!

It honestly looks like a game that is more in line with games like star wars kinect(you know that han solo dance) and other pattern based games. Seems fun for the first time but then it just comes down to one big routine like playing DDR.

Can't even pronounce Sayain in the trailer...
Plus, if YOU are supposed to become a Z-warrior, why is it still GOKU's character model doing all the fighting? Didn't the N64 already have the feature to put your head in some shooter, with that ancient camera and processing system?!

Captcha's pretty good: "in the air".
Only untill someone stronger slams you into the ground, Captcha.

Well, aparently all thar you can do, and wil do, with this is PUNCH! (untill your arms fell of)

Solo-Wing:

Wellllllll, to play devils advocate in Japanese it's pronounced "Sigh-Ah-Jin".

Did anyone else laugh hysterically at this trailer?

I'd like to have a kinnect just to facepalm really really hard and see the effect in this game.

Well, this is Ball-Z of them.

brunothepig:

I don't know, I could never get the wii controls. I didn't know there was the option for using a gamecube controller though. I just went back to my original Tenkaichi on PS2. This changes everything!

Moromillas:
Did anyone else laugh hysterically at this trailer?

I'm pretty sure everyone did. I mean, I didn't even watch the TV show and instantly I was like : 0.0
Also, yay for Dragonball Z for now teaching kids to be bad fighters.

As if that Ultimate Tenkaichi game wasn't bad enough, now they have to re-release it, but with tacked-on motion controls. Looks like we're past the era where this series actually produced games that were alright.

Ah yes, it is fun to laugh at people who don't know things isn't it.

But the real funny thing is that there are people in this world who actually take Dragonball Z seriously.

Super-Cylon?

I sense a photoshop opportunity!

that's a funny joke trailer they made there especially when they pronounced saiyan wrong now show me the real one... oh wait there serious

well at least it gave me a good laugh

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here