Trailers: Dead or Alive 5 - E3 Trailer

Dead or Alive 5 - E3 Trailer

Tiger attacks and impossibly low cut clothing? Yep, that seems about par for the Dead or Alive series.

Watch Video

The hell?! Was that Virtua Fighter's Akira? What the hell are you doing there?! No! No, abort! And that's Sarah! Noooo, what is my world coming to?!

'weeps in corner'

so you weren't planning on playing/buying the game, and now it bothers you that characters you like are there?

:/ I dun GET

Needs more beach ball.

Bah, looks exactly like the previous installment.
Except now it has a circuslevel and attire...

No longer looking forward to this. :(

Doesn't look particularly good or bad. No oomph to it.

But I'm hoping that they will actually include Kokoro's kimono this time instead of just keeping it in the trailer as in DOA4, that was really silly.

Also Ryu has a apology taunt at 1:19 for some reason.

These Virtua Fighter cameos intrigue me, I might have to check out Virtua Fighter now.

Came here for the 'fashion sense'

My work here is done

DoA4 was an amazing game, and this looks just as good. I am pumped.

I honestly did not think you meant actual tiger attacks.

Looks good so far.

What the FUCK was up with that guy at the end? I know he speaking Japanese (at least that's what I'm assuming) but I can't imagine those inflections and crazy screaming sounding normal in ANY language. And why do so many Japanese trailers end about a minute before they actually end?

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
What the FUCK was up with that guy at the end? I know he speaking Japanese (at least that's what I'm assuming) but I can't imagine those inflections and crazy screaming sounding normal in ANY language.

That guy is Zack, who has always been the monkey of the DOA series, not once has he ever sounded normal. Japan likes to portray us Americans as crazy and rambunctious.....Crazy idea I know (hardy har, I'm so funny). Could be better or worse than having silly Engrish.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:

And why do so many Japanese trailers end about a minute before they actually end?

That is a good observation, I thought I had seen some non-Japanese trailers do it before, but now I'm not so sure, and for those times I've only seen it for movie trailers I think.

Anyway the girl at the end at the end is Sarah from Virtua Fighter, so I figure it's like a little bonus for the fans who were wondering about the other Virtua Fighter character earlier in the trailer.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here