Miracle of Sound: Shooter Guy

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shooter Guy

A special bonus song for all the shooter fans.

Watch Video

MiracleOfSound:
Shooter Guy

A special bonus song for all the shooter fans.

Watch Video

Did you do that little kid voice? It's very funny.

I'm digging this song.
I love the spinning snipers.
Is that what it's like playing COD on Live?

All of my keys are in the shape of a boot...
I've been told it's quite annoying.

You must be really good at shooters Gavin, because that that song...

*puts on sunglasses*

... had a broad scope

i loved the song except the Ghetto Part

because i have an Extreme Hatred for that word

Just a brilliant damn song. Excellent job sir, I had a good laugh throughout the entire thing.

Hahaha, liked this one a lot. An easy target perhaps, but a good one. I also like the fact you've got the lyrics in the video- nice addition.

Well, technically, Half-Life 2 is shooter and it's hard to say that laws of physics are not applicable (there should be one Captain Obvious in each CoD thread ;))

Great song, matched all things that I hate in FPBDS (First Person Brain Destroying Shooter).

GonzoGamer:
I'm digging this song.

All of my keys are in the shape of a boot...
I've been told it's quite annoying.

Only about 5% of the games I've played have had spinning snipers.
The other 95% have had corner campers aiming down the sights. :D

OT: Good song as usual, man. Loved the impersonations through out too. :)
Wonder if anyone on a certain channel is going to make a CoD rap that makes no sense now.

Awesome song, Gavin. Love how the "chest high wall" line, was in Yaghtzee voice... or at least that's how i thought it sounded.

"I have a vacuum cleaner sucking up all the ammo off the floor right into my hands)
Epic.

Get to da Choppa!

You wrote some really funny lyrics for this one.

"Captain Noisy has a key in the shape of his boot"

Genius

Already listened to this when you posted it on Youtube. Many times. I think it's another new style for you, and quite an amusing song. It has me wondering though, what was the last video (not this one) that you recorded the video for instead of Clouse? Was there even one? But yeah, great song again Gav.

Oh, and I noticed there was no Battlefield 3 footage. Not a fan?

Man, I think the use of a slide guitar in a rock song is an instant way to make me like a song. You had me hooked before the first word of lyrics. :)

brunothepig:
Already listened to this when you posted it on Youtube. Many times. I think it's another new style for you, and quite an amusing song. It has me wondering though, what was the last video (not this one) that you recorded the video for instead of Clouse? Was there even one? But yeah, great song again Gav.

There was some BF3 footage. It was all from the single-player, though...

brunothepig:

Pretty sure that's a shot of bf3 about 14 seconds in, but that's about it :P

As for the song itself, I really like it except for the chorus. I think you were trying to go for that light tone maybe to slightly mock the fps characters in the song but I'd have stuck with the more grungy music and vocals from the verses. Still a great song irregardless.

Kristian Fischer:

brunothepig:

That would explain why I didn't recognise it. I was thinking about that possibility when I watched the video, then didn't account for it in my comment...
Also two quotes in as many seconds. I thought for sure it was a double post.

Man, ive been listening to this all week since I saw it on Facebook. The slide is extremely awesome, and I kinda want a ring tone that says 'Chest High Wall'... it was hilarious.

Another great song, Gavin! I was totally bopping my head to the chorus and laughing at the "Chest High Walls" bit. It perfectly illustrates how samey most FPS's (except Gears of War 'cause that's 3rd person) have gotten in the past decade, and how psychotic some online players become. A shame, but it makes great joke & song fodder!

brunothepig:

Kristian Fischer:

brunothepig:

That would explain why I didn't recognise it. I was thinking about that possibility when I watched the video, then didn't account for it in my comment...
Also two quotes in as many seconds. I thought for sure it was a double post.

There's some more of it here and there...

Looking back, there's some at 1:13 and 3:43 (which is funny, considering the line at the time is "as long as I got my wall I'll never die" and how often walls explode in BF3).

Looks like it's all campaign, though 1:13 could be multiplayer.

In any case... Really, really funny song. It just covers everything! Thanks Mr Dunne!

Mr. Boyfriend is mildly obsessed with this song, and keeps asking me to play it for him (I think he's getting back at me for all those times I played Commander Shepard). Still, I do enjoy it.

And as a sign of how "cool" I am, I can identify each and every game that shows up in the video when it shows up. *+12 loser*

"Laws of physics and logic need not apply" Indeed ... well done.

I love how he estabilished captain noisy as a character in the song.

Also, forgot to ask - Gavin, are you playing Bastion now because of the Humble Bundle? Hope you got this Bundle because each of 8 games is worth a song ;)

GonzoGamer:
I'm digging this song.

Pretty much, yeah.

JordanXlord:
i loved the song except the Ghetto Part

because i have an Extreme Hatred for that word

So do I, that was the point of its use in that context.

maximalist566:
Also, forgot to ask - Gavin, are you playing Bastion now because of the Humble Bundle? Hope you got this Bundle because each of 8 games is worth a song ;)

I got Bastion on XBL, just finished it today ;)

Ha, nice "Yahtzee" accent at "Chest High Wall". At least, I'm assuming that's what it was.

Anyway, I think this is actually one of my favorites. Those lyrics were quite awesome.

MiracleOfSound:

GonzoGamer:
I'm digging this song.

Pretty much, yeah.

Nobody does that on PSN but I swear I'm going to do that next time someone starts flipping out because I sat still for 15 seconds.
Do you have to find the right ground to stand on to make them dance like that(where they bop up and down), or will that happen anywhere?

XD Brilliant satire, keep up the great work Gav!

MiracleOfSound:

I got Bastion on XBL, just finished it today ;)

Seen your twitter walkthrough coverage :) Bastion OST, as well as Super Meat Boy OST, World of Goo OST and Binding of Isaac OST were always immovable on my desktop. Last week I added Sword & Sworcery OST and folder with your music to this list ;)

Best video game song EVER. This is incredible. Amazing lyrics my man.

GonzoGamer:

Do you have to find the right ground to stand on to make them dance like that(where they bop up and down), or will that happen anywhere?

You just spin and keep hitting jump, that's if you want to look really, really stupid (I made some team-mates very angry when I was recording for the video hehe)

Adam Jensen:
Best video game song EVER. This is incredible. Amazing lyrics my man.

Thanks man :) I enjoyed writing this one!

thethird0611:
Man, ive been listening to this all week since I saw it on Facebook. The slide is extremely awesome, and I kinda want a ring tone that says 'Chest High Wall'... it was hilarious.

He said "chest high walls" in a British accent. Sounds familiar.

You have a gift, Gav. Good thing you don't use it for evil. This song had me grinning with ridiculous amounts of glee. Brilliant lyrics that perfectly set and satirize the "Shooter Guy" setup.

The:

thethird0611:

He said "chest high walls" in a British accent. Sounds familiar.

I wonder where it came from ;)

BehattedWanderer:
You have a gift, Gav. Good thing you don't use it for evil. This song had me grinning with ridiculous amounts of glee. Brilliant lyrics that perfectly set and satirize the "Shooter Guy" setup.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Ramirez! Use your throwing knife and take down that AC-130!

Very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.

This is one of those songs that doesn't need a Miracle of Sound Encore edition explanation.
It's also awesome.
I saw it on youtube first, though, but i still listened to it again here.
Why must all your songs be so fun to listen to? You needn't answer that one.
However, i'm very interested in how you manage to pump out so many amazing songs this frequently.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here