Trailers: Metal Gear Solid: Rising - Revengeance - E3 Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Then the combat went the "Heavenly Sword" route. NOW we can complain.

What do you mean by this? After looking at the E3 videos I'd go so far as to say that the combat looks pretty much like a combination of Dante's standard ground combos and Nero's standard aerial combos with the grapple/pull mechanic being pretty much the same as Nero's Devil Bringer.

anthony87:
The thing is that the game we were shown at E3 2010 never even existed. After announcing Metal Gear Rising, Kojima came to realise that they couldn't effectively impliment the combination of stealth and cyborg ninja kickassery but rather than actually say anything along those lines, they just shelved the project.

If Platinum Games hadn't come along and agreed to take the reins of this game then there'd be no Metal Gear Rising at all. Loads of people keep saying things like "Oh but this isn't what we were first shown!" and that's because all that we were shown at first was a fancy tech demo with no game and no plan to go along with it.

So I'm pretty fucking grateful to Platinum Games because without them we'd never have Metal Gear Rising in any way, shape or form. Also, I think someone already pointed this out but there's no "Solid" in the title, that's a mistake on the OP's part.

The thing is, after that second trailer, some people (myself included) would rather not have this game. I'm mean "I think it's time for Jack to let'er rip?" Who came up with that? That's not the Raiden I remember, and why push it to post MGS4 when Raiden was supposed to be done with fighting? (Or at least being a Cyborg) Wasn't MGS4 supposed to be the end timewise? I guess it's naive to expect World Peace post MGS4 but still.

I do want to say I liked this trailer better. Maybe because it felt more serious then the last one. I guess once we know more about the story I can form a better opinion on it.

Silver Patriot:

anthony87:
The thing is that the game we were shown at E3 2010 never even existed. After announcing Metal Gear Rising, Kojima came to realise that they couldn't effectively impliment the combination of stealth and cyborg ninja kickassery but rather than actually say anything along those lines, they just shelved the project.

If Platinum Games hadn't come along and agreed to take the reins of this game then there'd be no Metal Gear Rising at all. Loads of people keep saying things like "Oh but this isn't what we were first shown!" and that's because all that we were shown at first was a fancy tech demo with no game and no plan to go along with it.

So I'm pretty fucking grateful to Platinum Games because without them we'd never have Metal Gear Rising in any way, shape or form. Also, I think someone already pointed this out but there's no "Solid" in the title, that's a mistake on the OP's part.

The thing is, after that second trailer, some people (myself included) would rather not have this game. I'm mean "I think it's time for Jack to let'er rip?" Who came up with that? That's not the Raiden I remember, and why push it to post MGS4 when Raiden was supposed to be done with fighting? (Or at least being a Cyborg) Wasn't MGS4 supposed to be the end timewise? I guess it's naive to expect World Peace post MGS4 but still.

I do want to say I liked this trailer better. Maybe because it felt more serious then the last one. I guess once we know more about the story I can form a better opinion on it.

Yeah that line was kinda cringe worthy alright. Although I think it may have something to do with the story. There's a few teaser trailers on this site that hark back to his days as a child soldier under Solidus. Maybe all the enhancements and stuff are causing him to snap?

I dunno, I'm just speculating with any bit of info I can get but a few of the things I've seen here and there seem to imply that his mental state isn't up to snuff in this game.

Well at least they seem to of toned down the Ray juggling

anthony87:
I'm actually surprised at some of the negativity that's been thrown around with regards to this game. Surely by now we know to trust Platinum Games? They know what they're doing.

So the title has a strange word. Big fucking deal.

Sadly, many people didn't play Bayonetta or Vanquish, and even fewer seem to be familiar with the teams pedigree from their Capcom days, so they never seem to be getting the benefit of the doubt.

A note for those not aware: many of the members of this team were part of Clover before Capcom shut them down for being too awesome. I think the game will turn out fine.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

People trusted Ninja Theory... until black hair, Edward Cullen wannabe Dante showed up. Then the combat went the "Heavenly Sword" route. NOW we can complain.

Devil May Cry is a hack-n-slash game.
Heavenly Sword is a hack-n-slash game.
DmC will be a hack-n-slash game.

You're going to have to explain to me exactly what you mean here, because I'm really confused right now.

Scrythe:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

People trusted Ninja Theory... until black hair, Edward Cullen wannabe Dante showed up. Then the combat went the "Heavenly Sword" route. NOW we can complain.

Devil May Cry is a hack-n-slash game.
Heavenly Sword is a hack-n-slash game.
DmC will be a hack-n-slash game.

You're going to have to explain to me exactly what you mean here, because I'm really confused right now.

There are 2 distinct types of hack and slash games. The first is the Devil May Cry, based around quick attacks, and dealing with foes in a flashy, eye-catching way. Combat flows quickly from one enemy to the next. Bayonetta is another example, along with GodHand.

The second is the more popular and used one, the God of War hack and slasher. Heavenly Sword, and the recent Darksiders used it too. Less based on fluid quick motion, it is more based on hard hitting attacks and splashy powerful moves. Users will float in the air after each attack, interrupting flow, to create a greater sense of impact. Combat time slows and speeds up rapidly, creating an illusion of impactful moves and quick dodges.

Both are okay in their own right, but DMC combat was different. Making DMC combat GoW combat implies one question? Why call it DMC at all?

I'd rather go shuffling through an AC duct.

FogHornG36:
CHANGE THE TITLE! Get ride of Metal gear solid part, this game is going to be nothing like the other metal gear games, i don't know why you didn't just make a new Ip, i actually would be interested if it was totally new instead of trying to shoehorn it into the metal gear universe.

So your vote is for a game named Rising: Revengence? o.0

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or