E3 Preview: The Elder Scrolls Online

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Fisher321:
Newsflash developers, you are NEVER going to make an WoW killer by COPYING WoW, you need to make a unique MMO with it's only original combat mechanics and PVP if you ever want to have a real chance of beating or even just competing with it.

You speak the truth and obviously have sense. That is why we must kill you and remove your heretical ideas from public viewing. Repeat after me; MUST COPY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MUST COPY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. COPYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT EQUATES TO SUCCESS.

Fisher321:
I hope this doesn't turn into a button mashing game like WoW, please keep the same combat mechanics. That is what separates Elder Scrolls from all other games...

They're not keeping the combat mechanics. Apparently it's too difficult, plus they have stated that they don't want to "Alienate" normal MMO fans. The set up sounds very much like what WoW does right now.

And Steve, when are you going to get around to sorting out your errors? It's ZENIMAX ONLINE making this game, not Bethesda. That's like saying Bethesda made New Vegas and not Obsidian.

Li Mu:

They're not keeping the combat mechanics. Apparently it's too difficult, plus they have stated that they don't want to "Alienate" normal MMO fans. The set up sounds very much like what WoW does right now.

Well, so much for me buying that game...

Li Mu:

Fisher321:
Newsflash developers, you are NEVER going to make an WoW killer by COPYING WoW, you need to make a unique MMO with it's only original combat mechanics and PVP if you ever want to have a real chance of beating or even just competing with it.

You speak the truth and obviously have sense. That is why we must kill you and remove your heretical ideas from public viewing. Repeat after me; MUST COPY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. MUST COPY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. COPYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT EQUATES TO SUCCESS.

Fisher321:
I hope this doesn't turn into a button mashing game like WoW, please keep the same combat mechanics. That is what separates Elder Scrolls from all other games...

And Steve, when are you going to get around to sorting out your errors? It's ZENIMAX ONLINE making this game, not Bethesda. That's like saying Bethesda made New Vegas and not Obsidian.

They said that they're trying to raise the MMO bar for combat though by having it be semi real-time and semi round based. Like, for instance, you can block, dodge, and evade attacks in real time, and stun other players and stuff because of the stamina bar, which is something I've never seen in any MMO I've played.

Still, I'm skeptical until I see some actual gameplay. Until then, I'm cautiously optimistic and interested.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here