Trailers: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - E3 Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - E3 Trailer

Sony shows how few first-party mascots they really have.

Watch Video

WAIT? WHAT?
This is a joke right?
*looks at calendar...*
nope its not april 1st...
oh god....

Well... that was kinda cool.

Then again, I'm pretty sure you could set ANYTHING to that song, and it'd be awesome.

T_T WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY dont i won a PS3???

Ok, why the Big Daddy inclusion? BioShock isn't, and never was a PS3 exclusive. Hell, it came out on the PS3 over a year after it came out on the 360 (where it was touted to be an exclusive) and PC.

The Big Daddy? Bioshock was originally a 360 exclusive, so why on earth is it there? -.-

Surely they could of used the Digimon tamer (From Digimon world one) and Crash Bandicoot instead? -.-

I think i have this in my Wii

lol @ parappa the rapper. Wasn't that guy in one game about 15 years ago? Maybe two, that's it. And who is that ridiculous looking clown guy? The only thing i can even guess is that it might be sweet tooth from twisted metal? I dunno, the last twisted metal game i played, you actually played as the cars, never really saw the drivers.

Kind of surprised that they didn't use any of their better characters, like Ratchet & Clank or Cole McGrath. Hell, they could have probably pulled four or five characters out of Ratchet and Clank alone. Maybe it's some legal nonsense, but they've clearly got a Bioshock character there and that wasn't even exclusive, much less released by anything related to Sony.

Sly vs Ratchet vs Jak vs Nathan Drake

would be a awesome battle to see

if this is the full battle roster, it is very disappointing. Some of the characters are pretty awesome (I mean, parrapa the rapper, who the hell can say no to that?), but this is clearly sony trying to take on super smash bros, and if you haven't got the roster to match, you don't stand a chance.

If this game launches without Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on it's Rooster, it will be a complete failure.

This is such a cynical, soulless rip-off. Unbelievable.

This just doesn't look good at all.

Sooooo, not many people complain when Sony blatantly rips-off the Wii motion controllers, but now that their copying a good idea this is the worst thing in the world? Nobody at Playstation ever tried to say this had an original damn bone in it's body, but it doesn't matter, game looks freakin' hilariously fun.

Is this just a fanboy thing? I own all the consoles and my love of SSB doesn't take away from my excitement to play this, it just adds to it. If game companies never copied each other DOOM would have been the last FPS ever made.

bells:
If this game launches without Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on it's Rooster, it will be a complete failure.

throw solid snake in there and im with you 100%

so brawl with 8 characters? How did this get a budget?

bells:

I'm sorry, but I didn't see any cockerels in that trailer.

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if Jak and Ratchet weren't in it, as they have their own stages and are some of Sony's main franchises (Not so much now, but they were). I'm surprised the Big Daddy is on there, but I don't care, Snake was in Smash Bros after all.
Also, why does everyone assume that these are the only characters in the game? Nintendo didn't just announce all the Brawl characters immediately, it's highly unlikely that theze are the only characters in the game (If they are, I won't buy it).

sabotstarr:
so brawl with 8 characters? How did this get a budget?

You think that they will show every single fighter in the debut trailer ?

The game looks like good fun!

...But this is a really absolutely terrible line-up of characters. Helghast? A Big Daddy??? I'm sure there will be more but so far I really am only interested in playing with Sly and Kratos.

bells:

If this game launches without rooster in general, it will be a complete failure. You can't have a fighting game without a male fowl animal.

On topic, the games line up seems pretty sparse enough and there are many other characters that they seem to be neglecting in order to preach to the more latest Playstation players. For example, where is Jak, or Ratchet or (as others have mentioned,) Crash and Spyro or Cole from Infamous? I could understand not showing the entire roster in one go, but if they honestly believe the princess and Pararappa are going to bring in customers, they really should rethink their marketing strategy.

Am I one of the only people who thinks this game looks sw33t?

Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Cole Megrath should be added. also Crash bandicoot and a hybrid from rfom

Sony literally has no shame.

bells:

Those have long since stopped belonging to Sony (or even the companies that work for Sony) in any way, shape, or form. And the people who keep running it into the ground are unlikely to license it back to them.

OT: Saw a Patapon forest. I'm now very much interested.

huh nice seeing Pararappa being dug from the grave to be in a fighter maybe it means more games (highly doubt it)
also as for the game itself I'm just not feeling it with this game It just seems to samey with smash bros to my tastes only difference is health bars and doesn't appear to be items honestly I don't think it could work with sony as it does with nintendo cause it just doesn't feel right with their universe (like mortal kombat vs DCU) but I'm not gonna say it's bad just not gonna look into it

No Cole or Crash? My face is sad :[

*Reads thread*

Dear god will you all stop your incessant whining about every fucking thing you think you can whine about.

... FUCK!

I know it's in to be as cynical and moany as possible. But Baby Jesus Buttplug you people are something else.

Can you not just think, 'oh cool, a mindles beatemup fighter for the PS3... I might get that.' Instead of 'SOWNI HAS NO SOULS!!!!11!!11!!!!1!!!!111111 FEEEEWRRRR, EES WIPOFF OF SMASH BWOS!'

Please, enlighten me with your obviously unique insights!

soren7550:
Ok, why the Big Daddy inclusion? BioShock isn't, and never was a PS3 exclusive. Hell, it came out on the PS3 over a year after it came out on the 360 (where it was touted to be an exclusive) and PC.

Snake wasn't a Nintendo exclusive, yet he was still in SSB. It was never said, that Playstation All-Stars characters were PS exclusives.

Gigatoast:
Sooooo, not many people complain when Sony blatantly rips-off the Wii motion controllers, but now that their copying a good idea this is the worst thing in the world? Nobody at Playstation ever tried to say this had an original damn bone in it's body, but it doesn't matter, game looks freakin' hilariously fun.

Is this just a fanboy thing? I own all the consoles and my love of SSB doesn't take away from my excitement to play this, it just adds to it. If game companies never copied each other DOOM would have been the last FPS ever made.

Um, where were you, exactly, when the PS Move came out. There was a time you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting another 'Wii Ripoff' thread.

Well, I s'pose I appreciate their use of Justice. It'll be weird to see Kratos in a PEGI 12 game though.

*COUGH* SEPHIROTH *COUGH*

I only clicked the link because I saw Sly Cooper in the thumbnail... what did I just watch?

The fact that they had to fall back on the Big Daddy and random Killzone Guy just to bulk the roster out a bit smacks of desperation. This is the reason why Sony should never try the whole "console exclusive mascots" thing, it really isn't their schtick.

Plus the game looks awful.

Dr Jones:

soren7550:

Snake wasn't a Nintendo exclusive, yet he was still in SSB. It was never said, that Playstation All-Stars characters were PS exclusives.

The rest are though, and until SSBB, all the characters in the SB series were Nintendo exclusives. Plus, there's the whole it's called PlayStation All Stars, not Multiplatform All Stars.

soren7550:

Dr Jones:

soren7550:

The rest are though, and until SSBB, all the characters in the SB series were Nintendo exclusives. Plus, there's the whole it's called PlayStation All Stars, not Multiplatform All Stars.

Playstation All Stars doesen't mean it's exclusives only, though. It's just all-stars, that are in some way affiliated with Playstation.

bells:

themutantlizard:
Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Cole Megrath should be added. also Crash bandicoot and a hybrid from rfom

Dart or Rose from Legend of Dragoon, Nariko from Heavenly Sword, a Prinny, Keats or Ellen from Folklore, anything from Disgaea... the list goes on.

Sony is really underestimating the amount of exclusive characters they actually have.

Really, I'm just hoping it will play more like Melee than Brawl.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here