Escapist Podcast: 048: E3 Coverage & Crazy News

048: E3 Coverage & Crazy News

This week, we discuss E3, all of the big press conferences and what games we are looking forward to most. We also talk about all the crazy new that's been cropping up lately.

Watch Video

So a super powerful virus that has the sophistication that only a state could produce, that steals data, escapes without being detected and targets specific computers in the middle east, except Israel?

GEEEEEEEE... I wonder who made that?

no idea whats going on but i listen to the podcast for about 5 seconds and it kills itself tried jumpin to different parts of the podcast as well....same thing. any ideas?

ischmalud:
no idea whats going on but i listen to the podcast for about 5 seconds and it kills itself tried jumpin to different parts of the podcast as well....same thing. any ideas?

You can download them from iTunes for free if the video keeps acting up.

I have a question for Susan! (being that she's nowhere to be found this week and all, but next week perhaps...)
A while ago, in all those ME3 podcasts, you talked about the way you were made uncomfortable by every character left and right praising shepard like some kind of god who everybody loves and who can solve everyone's problems.
Personally I don't mind being the most famous chick in the galaxy who everyone wants to meet, but I certainly see how it could take you out of the experience if you had decided that your version of shepard was more modest than that.
So my question then: I'm assuming you've played the half life series (a fairly reasonable assumption I think) Gordon Freeman, being a blank(ish) slate for you to project onto in that he never speaks, is praised from all directions in much the same way. Everyone knows who he is, everyone wants to shake his hand, his mere presence is enough to raise everyone's can-do spirit, etc.
Do you find THAT uncomfortable as well? Or being that Gordon Freedman is a more definitive character with a clear predetermined story, is it okay that he's pretty much jesus?
Please discuss.
PS: cute animals, etc.

Cyrodiil is a province, the capitol is the Imperial City. There's your lore, your welcome.

Leximodicon:
Cyrodiil is a province, the capitol is the Imperial City. There's your lore, your welcome.

That's in Oblivion. This happens 1000 years before that, before the Septims and the Imperial conquest. Therefore it can't be called "Imperial City". It's called Cyrodill, just like the province.

Here's a link www.google.com for future reference. You're welcome.

Zombie using it's own guts as a ranged weapon? Hmmm.... Why does this sound familiar?

What, nobody's excited for Watch Dogs? I thought that game was amazing, from the general setting and gameplay (Deus Ex meets Assassin's Creed? Yes, please) to graphics and voice acting. I loved the writing too (all little of it that we've seen) - that exchange between the protagonist and the asian guy was amazing.

Also, you know what I find funny and sad at the same time? People can't stop whining about how we don't get enough new IPs and that it's sequels all the time. Yet, this year's E3 introduced (or showed more of) a couple of new games (Watch Dogs, Last of Us, Beyond, Star Wars 1313) and people say "meh, it sucks - nothing new". While last year's E3 was all about sequels and they went all "OMG BEST E3 EVA!!!!11"
Please, make up your mind -_-

Does Schuyler mind being called Steve Butts?

shiajun:
Does Schuyler mind being called Steve Butts?

I don't believe that I deserve such an honor.

But you can call me Sky, Skippy or Schuyler if you're not into the whole "brevity" thing.

Yeah, even the three-faction-based system isn't going to save the Elder Scrolls MMO, because by then "The Secret World" will have come out and that offers a lot more original content. Also, any game that I might have been excited about, such as "The Last of Us" or "Beyond: Two Souls" is being hogged by PS3. Thanks a lot, Sony...

I still want to see some trooper or otherwise in a star wars setting start getting force choked by a sith, but then reaches his arm forward and chokes the sith analog style. Or had an auto garrote set up, something.

Rakor:
I still want to see some trooper or otherwise in a star wars setting start getting force choked by a sith, but then reaches his arm forward and chokes the sith analog style. Or had an auto garrote set up, something.

I seem to recall Boba Fett just shooting some sith that was trying to force choke him somewhere in the extended lore.

What I want to play is some ultra-hardcore zombie survival FPS
Any suggestions?

captcha: silver bullet
nope, not extra useful against zombies

"The Last of Us" is actually a zombie-apocalyptic setting. There is a zombifying spore/fungus epidemic, and the main character and his companion have to survive. But apparently there won't be a huge emphasis on the fact that there will be zombies -- maybe the infection is young in its spread or something, either way, the gameplay looked sooooo..... mmmmmmmmmm

Formica Archonis:

I read that and wondered why there were two xbox controllers represented. Now I know. Stay golden Nintendo.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here