Unskippable: Dragon's Dogma

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dragon's Dogma

The amazing adventures of Default Guy and the giant Dragon.

Watch Video

at least Default guy doesn't have brown hair and 5 o'clock shadow like so many default main male characters have in this generations of games

Wow, Default Man had a very short career.

Also just a heads up, but you need to watch your audio guys. there were parts of this where I could barely hear you. Of course it could've been my shitty sound system.

the nerd in me always wondered about that, how exactly does it work, does his blood still flow threw him, and so how? Or is he like...a walking dead?

I'm pretty sure that dragon called default guy a "queer-ite". And yet another Dogma that requires it's followers to be heartless.

And Paul, everyone knows dragons have a Scottish accent.

Somehow the "x time I died" joke is still funny to me.

Wow, if splashing in the salt water hurts that dragon's cut, imagine what it's like for the guy who just got his beating heart ripped out of him and was laying in the surf...

DS9 has a wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant, just saying.

Unskippable; making awful cutscenes bearable since 1999

dariuseng:
DS9 has a wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant, just saying.

I was about to mention that. :-) Though Paul DID say on AskPaul that he is not a Trekkie. Though, Graham is, and should have corrected him.

What.. You mean you people actually >need< hearts? O.o Interesting.

But DS9 goes to the Gamma Quadrant. The Delta Quadrant is pretty much wild space.

Soviet Heavy:
But DS9 goes to the Gamma Quadrant. The Delta Quadrant is pretty much wild space.

Paul is not a Trekkie. Graham is, though, so he should have corrected Paul.

Was I the only one expecting a Dragonheart reference at some point?

Heh, so the "times I died" joke makes it to double-digits, or does it...

dragongit:

Best part of the episode IMO :D

Wait, do you actually play as the heartless dead(?) dude? Or are you a totally unrelated hero who comes in afterwards?

dragongit:

Having played Dragon's Dogma, I eagerly anticipated that joke. I was not disappointed.

Average Man is a krogan! Redundant organs.

Roofstone:
What.. You mean you people actually >need< hearts? O.o Interesting.

That might explain why I need to change of henchmen so often

Smertnik:
Wait, do you actually play as the heartless dead(?) dude? Or are you a totally unrelated hero who comes in afterwards?

However you customize your character, yes. The dragon will take her/his heart at the beginning of the game and leave the player character with a challenge to come and take it back.

EDIT: No one considers the player character to be undead, btw. There are undead enemies in the game, and they are completely different. More like classic zombies. The player character is just magically connected to/marked by the dragon.

Binnsyboy:

dragongit:

Having played Dragon's Dogma, I eagerly anticipated that joke. I was not disappointed.

I always enjoy those; they never get old. Also, did one of the guys make a math joke in that video?

Man, Default Guy is almost... pretty. Are you sure he's actually a guy?

remmus:
the nerd in me always wondered about that, how exactly does it work, does his blood still flow threw him, and so how? Or is he like...a walking dead?

Writers:. . . Uhhhh . . . MAGIC! :D

RathWolf:
Was I the only one expecting a Dragonheart reference at some point?

Apparently not:

DVS BSTrD:
And Paul, everyone knows dragons have a Scottish accent.

Darth_Payn:

Binnsyboy:

dragongit:

I always enjoy those; they never get old. Also, did one of the guys make a math joke in that video?

I'm not sure.

However, I seem to remember him saying "and that was the tenth time I died" in the Darkness 2 video. So this should be 11th...

LadyRhian:
Man, Default Guy is almost... pretty. Are you sure he's actually a guy?

well it is a Japanese games and most male characters have a very bishonen look.

Why was there a heartbeat sound effect when it cut to a close up, right after it showed his heart being eaten? None of that fight made sense. I almost want to look into the plot to find out if it gets explained. Almost.

Soviet Heavy:

And yet even it couldn't keep Voyager interesting for very long.

Here's something mind blowing. The dragon? Yeah that great big one. It's name is Grigori. So the dragon could be called 'Greg' for short.

Truly-A-Lie:
Why was there a heartbeat sound effect when it cut to a close up, right after it showed his heart being eaten? None of that fight made sense. I almost want to look into the plot to find out if it gets explained. Almost.

But you're okay with the heart glowing and floating in to the dragon's mouth?

Best Let's Play I've seen of this video game and DAT INTRO!!

ace_of_something:

Truly-A-Lie:

But you're okay with the heart glowing and floating in to the dragon's mouth?

Well... yeah. I can accept that because if the fantasy says there's a big magical dragon, the dragon having what looks like telekinesis isn't illogical. It's a magic dragon, it can do what it wants. What bugged me was more like bad editing. It would be like having someone's tongue ripped out and then the sound guy adds in a giant "No!" in post-production immediately afterwards. It doesn't make sense so it breaks the illusion. Granted the illusion of Dragon's Dogma doesn't look all that convincing, but my point stands.

This has me thinking. Apart from Odahviing, has there ever been a giant dragon that shows/wakes up, and is just cool with things, rather than causing shit to go down? Though, even Odahviing was a bit ornery, for awhile.

The best part was when the Dragon skipped Defaultman across the water like a stone. Also "nTh time I died" reference.

If the dragon was patient a time lord could make for a whole meal and not just a snack.

All you have to do is rip out one heart, wait for the time lord to regenerate and then eat another heart. This way a dragon could eat a whole 14 hearts! take that link!

Time Lords, a dragon's chocolate box.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or