Unskippable: Dragon's Dogma

Pages PREV 1 2

I think this is my favorite Unskippable so far. Good stuff here.

♪ Default man, default man
♫ Default man meets customized man
♪ They have a fight, customized man wins
♫ Default man

...hey, you know, I think that Henri dude is knocking us gamers. Let's send him a fax of a pizza!

ForgottenPr0digy:

LadyRhian:
Man, Default Guy is almost... pretty. Are you sure he's actually a guy?

well it is a Japanese games and most male characters have a very bishonen look.

Ah. Understood.

I love Default guy! He's so... Regular. And... Average! And... Completely lacking of character! It's great.

Also, apparently it's not necessary to have a heart. News to me.

Haha awesome stinger with the time lords reference. ;)

And have video game protagonists really died 10 times in Unskippable or is 10 just a random number?

Just to be clear, you totally said Bowel-rog right?

Because that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

default man is looking very...unique. well not really, but his hair is long and he's not unshaven soooo...

still, this cutscene was made bearable by Paul and Graham narrating average man's life :] can't say the same for the game tho...

I used to hate seeing default man in The Rift, what with him being all default and such. But now I shall hire him at every chance I get to spread the defaultedness!

Thank you for making this cutscene bearable. It's a good thing summoning clusters of meteorites to spite my foes is so much fun, otherwise I would have given up on this game by now.

This looks like the kind of game that would be better without any human characters at all.

Graham_LRR:
The amazing adventures of Default Guy

Well, for once it would be nice to play as really default, normal man, that doesn't have to learn everything from the scratch. :]

I made my character in this game a transvestite, a very, very manly looking transvestite.

It made all the cutscenes in the game hilarious.

The Random One:
♫ Default man

...hey, you know, I think that Henri dude is knocking us gamers. Let's send him a fax of a pizza!

So what happens when Average Girl joins the fray?

Cosplay Horatio:

Best Let's Play I've seen of this video game and DAT INTRO!!

It's ok. Not as epic as the adventures of Neander Duck though.

http://videogamesawesome.com/2012/05/24/dragons-dogma-is-awesome/3/

I'll give those prophets credit, they're an improvement over the norm. Generally the hero first finds his hometown torched, goes on a quest to find vengeance and then hears that the villain was already prophecised. At least these prophets tried to be a little more pro-active and warn the authorities ahead of time to assemble an army. Too bad they still cut it a little bit too close. Next time, you don't want to start when the dragon's prophecised arival is so nigh you don't have the chance to finish recruiting.

Time Lords can also regenerate, so once you pluck out their hearts, you can wait a couple minutes and get some more.

canadamus_prime:
Wow, Default Man had a very short career.

Also just a heads up, but you need to watch your audio guys. there were parts of this where I could barely hear you. Of course it could've been my shitty sound system.

Nah, I had to crank it.

Damn you guys, now I really want to play this game.

MortifiedPenguin:

The Random One:
♫ Default man

So what happens when Average Girl joins the fray?

Well...

...but, Balrogs have wings, surely they can fly.

If not, they could glide like the Gargoyles.

Binnsyboy:
However, I seem to remember him saying "and that was the tenth time I died" in the Darkness 2 video. So this should be 11th...

If you want to get super-technical, they doubled up another one (eighth, I think), so in total, there have been twelve protagonist cutscene deaths since the series began.

Still the single best running gag in their repertoire.

Huh as soon as I saw this cutscene I thought to myself "this is something Unskippable would royally take the piss out of", seems I was right.

empirialtank:
If the dragon was patient a time lord could make for a whole meal and not just a snack.

All you have to do is rip out one heart, wait for the time lord to regenerate and then eat another heart. This way a dragon could eat a whole 14 hearts! take that link!

Time Lords, a dragon's chocolate box.

I always wondered why we don't see any other survivors of the time war, given how often the daleks come back. Damn dragons

Soviet Heavy:
But DS9 goes to the Gamma Quadrant. The Delta Quadrant is pretty much wild space.

Delta was where Voyger went to. Half of it's Borg space so I wouldn't quite call it wild.

He will average them to death :D. He is, Default Man!

One of the best episodes :D

TheSchaef:

Binnsyboy:
However, I seem to remember him saying "and that was the tenth time I died" in the Darkness 2 video. So this should be 11th...

If you want to get super-technical, they doubled up another one (eighth, I think), so in total, there have been twelve protagonist cutscene deaths since the series began.

Still the single best running gag in their repertoire.

I actually know the answer to this, but I get the feeling (as there's no list anywhere via a Google search) that if anyone does post the current list that the joke will be forever broken for most people...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here