The Defenestration of Erin Stout

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Defenestration of Erin Stout

Check Out That Top-Tier Foreshadowing

Read Full Article

um... and he lives on what floor?

So, either he pushes her out the window, or she is falling out the window, and he's about to help her back in...

Either way, I'm curious as to whats gonna happen...

I learnt a new word today!

Now I just need an opportunity to use "defenestration" in a sentence.

Pushing her over the edge, or bending her over the window?

One of those is likely, the other would result in things normally associated with Rule 34.

I'm okay with either.

Erin's getting herself chucked out of a lot of things lately...

When Erin closes a door, she flies out a window.

And why are WE the ones who always end-up apologizing?

Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.

I doubt its as straight forward as it looks, he wouldn't have been that patient with her only to shove her out a window. It does seem a random change of direction though!

Harsh!

Zhukov:
I learnt a new word today!

Now I just need an opportunity to use "defenestration" in a sentence.

It's a wonderful word. Like 'ampersand'. It's been a favourite of mine for a while. It's also pretty much the only reason I bothered to read the comic.

Mike Fang:
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.

I think by "help Erin" he means "help her out the fucking window!" And really, its not as though Erin is very accepting of help these days, she seems to spurn anything from actual people and instead relies on videogame characters for answers.

watch that first step its a doosey!

"And so, Some Dude murdered Erin Stout, and subsequently took protagonist-ship of Critical Miss."

Maybe he's just pushing her into one of those plastic ball pits. Who WOULDN'T be cheered up by that.

Ah, he's using the Dr.House approach to Medicine, try the most illogical, asinine, idea you can and it will work out!

Also, love the snarky responses of "Is that a conservative estimate?"

She deserves it. She's been a likable asshole throughout this whole arc, but the kind of likable asshole who needs a great big giant wake-up call.

I'm gonna call it - she's gonna bang her head on something blunt and her visions will go away. Or, she'll get worse. Like amnesia or something.

Well I imagine a second blow to the head will get rid of those pesky protagonists, good thinking on Tris' part.

Yeaaaaaaah...Hope there's a trampoline down there, because this comic series is going to end abruptly if there isn't.

I'm guessing he's pushing her out the window only to catch her at the last moment. Only to say something to the effect "Next time the guy who takes you home might not be so nice", or "Do you want to fall or get back up". That or its on the first floor, lets her fall, and says the same thing. The whole thing being an exercise to help her stop being so reckless/whatever you want to call it.

I'd be surprised if its a genuine assault.

Edit: Also what happened to his eyes in panels 6 and 7? Are they closed or something, and if so why? His eyebrows have also gone into hiding.

I hate to say it but she tottally had that coming...

She is still in a coma and she wakes up from it when she hits the floor

So I had a thought. She's been seeing protagonists up til now. And she may be about to hit her head again. And I just had to know for sure. Let me go check OCRemix real quick..

Yep.

June is Boss month.

After much blatant sexual innuendo, now she goes out-the-window!!
Ok, I know, cheap joke. Maybe the thoughts going through her little horny booze filled mind is "nice sidewalk, I'd hit that...."

Obviously another hit in the head is going to fix her seeing illusions problam... right?

So, is a defenestration like a deflowering, except she lands in a bed of flowers at the bottom? I'm guessing he's teaching her something about "letting go" and "flying" and planted some sort of protective gear below her. Maybe, if Erin manages to miss the floor, she can fly for reals.

0.0......Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Oh, that's good!

Well Erin, here comes a life lesson, a "final" rejection, or the ground.

Hope he has a bigger reason than "get the crazy out of my house", but I guess that's a good enough reason. As long as they are on the first floor....

But I think it's going to be one of those teach you a lesson things. She only thinks she's in danger, and that's why it works.

DaRigger420:
Maybe the thoughts going through her little horny booze filled mind is "nice sidewalk, I'd hit that...."

Much effort had to be made to not spit my water out all over my screen.

Biodeamon:
I hate to say it but she tottally had that coming...

Kinda have to agree, I kinda wanted to push her out a window myself this arc.

Oh I lol'd. I really didn't see that coming.

Then again, I guess Erin didn't either.

YES!
Finally he did what I wanted him to do.
Hopefully he lives on 2nd floor and she lands on that hobo :D

Those are some ginormous windows. He could push way more than just one person out. He could have them make a human pyramid and then start shoving away.

I call that he'll grab her by the ankles and hang her out the window. I've seen it done before.

Andy of Comix Inc:
I'm gonna call it - she's gonna bang her head on something blunt and her visions will go away. Or, she'll get worse. Like amnesia or something.

Or, alternately, she'll start seeing the things from Amnesia.

That would be kind of amazing.

A little "cognitive re-calibration" a la Black Widow right?

Ooh, very exciting cliffhanger, looking forward to the conclusion!
I'm really impressed that you managed to use the word defenestration, I've been trying for ages and it's never come up, but as we're discussing language, I felt the need to point out that it's supposed to be 'in all its splendor.'

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here