The Defenestration of Erin Stout

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

hoo boy, time for another near death experience!

Captcha: Lost love

patience more like it.

I really wish he was actually a serial killer looking for a victim, and he lives on the last floor, and Erin dies, the webcomic changes protagonist.

But yeah, he's either going to stop her from falling or he's going to help her back up or some other dumb drama crap.

This is genuinely the last time I'll complain; I'm about to lose hope to see funny videogame humour here. Which means I'll just completely stop reading this.

According to Wikipedia Defenestration is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. Had we known that bit of vocabulary then the title would have spoiled the comic before we even read it. Obscure words for the win! :D

Learn something new every day.

This is a new and interesting foreplay technique I'm guessing. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.

Hey, look at that. You took my advice. Here's hoping she's dead. Or realizes that being bitch-tastic enough to make someone want to kill you is actually a BAD thing, and going back to normal.

I'm surprised no one has suggested that the characters she has been seeing might take a more direct approach to protecting her. We have seen them sometimes interact directly with the world. It could be possible someone like Pit could fly in and save her.

What if this is the beginning of another arc? What if Tess was hired by Erin's friends and coworkers to befriend Erin, push her out a window, and give a statement to the police that paints her as suicidal so she can be committed?

Nah, too conspiracy-theoryish for Grey and Corey, and perhaps even too harsh for the currently ill-adjusted Erin.

And all the worlds troubles magically disappeared, The End.

(...please don't kill her)

Mike Fang:
Ho-kay, I don't care where you're from, you don't "help" anyone by shoving them out a window. And if this guy now goes outside and gives Erin some kind of self-righteous, condescending speech meant to take her to task...I hope she belts him again.

This is a comic where a woman, guided by hallucinations, took off her pants to destroy an XBox and then ended up wrestling her friend in a catfight while a guy looked on in enjoyment.

I'm not sure why we're suddenly applying realism here, or how to conduct things.

I mean, hell, even the accident that cause Erin's hallucinations in the first place was treated poorly by her friends and family. And if this were a clinic on head trauma, I'd be pissed off. But it's a webcomic.

And the guy seems like a dick anyway.

That_Sneaky_Camper:
According to Wikipedia Defenestration is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. Had we known that bit of vocabulary then the title would have spoiled the comic before we even read it. Obscure words for the win! :D

Learn something new every day.

I saw "defenestration" and was curious as to whether it was literal or not.

Didn't this used to be about a cynical games writer with a quirky, yet not dickish, demeanour?

There appears to be a distinct lack of games, writing or quirky going on (plenty of batshit crazy bitchiness though)...still, I suppose I keep reading it for some reason, I just can't decide whether it's through the interest in the storyline OR the interest in the car crash it might become.

*grabs popcorn, stares intently*

Agow95:
Unfortunately I saw that coming when I saw the name of the comic, now I'm trying to remember when I learned the definition of defenestration

High school english, our teacher kept the "word of the day" calendar. Cleverly positioned outward so the students could see it. This happened to be one of the few I remember. (Abattoir and hirsute being two others) That's my story.

And yes, I too saw it coming from the title, but I at least also enjoyed how the description declares it as top-tier foreshadowing. You know, the kind where they directly tell you about it.

Finally something happened. Too bad it wasn't funny.

What is the point of this comic?

Erin is just not making any friends recently.

Totally giving you points for the Dark Angel reference.

That is, providing you meant to.

ok, from the ridiculous to the sublime:

the dude is bonking her on the head again in a vein attempt at a comic relief psyco-readjustment

this is my vote

How many other people knew what defenestration meant before opening this? I did, THANK YOU TV TROPES!

A'm I the only one who thinks the blond stranger is a figment of her imagination and this is all going on in her head.

Wow... even with the title, I did NOT see that coming.

Cat of Doom:
A'm I the only one who thinks the blond stranger is a figment of her imagination and this is all going on in her head.

This was the prevailing theory from early on in the story. So not only are you NEVER the only one (and there's a Critical Miss comic for that...), you're probably in the majority.

The Artificially Prolonged:
Well I imagine a second blow to the head will get rid of those pesky protagonists, good thinking on Tris' part.

But what if, and i'm just theorising here, it gets rid of the protagonists. BUT! Instead, she's stuck seeing antagonists?

I get the impression this would've been funnier if I didn't know what the word "defenestration" meant. Curse you, The Spectacular Spider-man cartoon.

FINALLY.

The title kinda spoiled it to me. One of the flaws of knowing some "smart" words.

Infernai:

The Artificially Prolonged:
Well I imagine a second blow to the head will get rid of those pesky protagonists, good thinking on Tris' part.

But what if, and i'm just theorising here, it gets rid of the protagonists. BUT! Instead, she's stuck seeing antagonists?

If she's lucky she'll only start seeing non-important npcs. They only have like three lines of dialogue so their advice won't be so bad.

Ummm... what just happened? I actually got lost in all this. Okay the guy had enough, but THIS is a bit too much... O_o"
Or wait... I hope this is not a method that'll cure Erin's whole schizophrenia thing. :P

Sejborg:
Finally something happened. Too bad it wasn't funny.

What is the point of this comic?

I don't know, I thought it was hilarious. Throw the bitch out that window. Awesome.

Grey pushed Cory out of a window after a fight over where to take this arc, tragically killing him. By way of web comic he is conveying this message to his fans before he commits seppuku to atone for his action.

God speed, ye of gaming webcomics.

I knew the murder room vibe I was getting from his place wasn't a misread!

MrCalavera:
The title kinda spoiled it to me. One of the flaws of knowing some "smart" words.

Homer and Lisa proved that smartness brings sadness.

Ah, now its going somewhere!

Videogame characters tend to be killed by falling down pits, despite you never seeing them hit the bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if the fall kills all the game characters in Erin's head, before she harmlessly hits the floor like a sack of cement.

I'm sure she will be fine // It's not like Grey is going to kill off his only meal ticket. . . right? I mean, sure he is crazy but is he "kill off the main character in my webcomic" crazy?!

-M

Funniest page the whole arc!

He probably sees her as a lost cause now.

Andy of Comix Inc:
She deserves it. She's been a likable asshole throughout this whole arc, but the kind of likable asshole who needs a great big giant wake-up call.

I'm gonna call it - she's gonna bang her head on something blunt and her visions will go away. Or, she'll get worse. Like amnesia or something.

and then it turns out the guy was actually Dolan Master Chief who got tired of her shit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here