Upskirt

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

M'kay, it's official. This guy's bat-shit crazy, somebody needs to call the police.

I can understand why people think this is going slow, but it's not because the comic is slowly paced. It's more because there's only two strips a week rather than in a comic book where it will continue on the next page.

Please Nameless Wonder just kill her and abort this arc.

The title of this comic has false advertising. I'll sue you mass effect 3 style.

Soviet Heavy:
Is this going anywhere? At all? It's paced slower than a Dragon Ball Z fight.

I'd say that is a very apt description.

Seriously, guys, pick up the pace. I'm sure this is going somewhere but you could have condensed this comic into one or two panels. This story arc has been going on forever.

So... there's a guy wearing a cape or something in that grassy area down below.

Please guys, allow me.
*ahem*
Remember when this comic was about video games?

Zachary Amaranth:

There were a lot of trees in the view last time. It's possible the area isn't populated enough, especially since she hasn't been dangling long.

You might wanna check the last panel again. There's clearly someone at the pond though I'm not sure if it's a hobo with a shotgun brown paperbag or Superman with a slightly discolored cape.

Grey Carter:
Upskirt

Or Not

Read Full Article

THIS GOT A LAUGH.

As in a genuine, proper, slightly chesty, laugh. With a vague hint of "Booming". The reason I am trying to make this very clear is I read a lot of webcomics. A lot. shit like QC, The Trenches, NerfThis, you get the idea. And I rarely laugh. Out loud. I smile a lot, true.

But laugh?

As in a genuine lol?

Those are rare.

Keep it up!

THERAPY!

imo, this arc isn't that bad, but it's (as people stated) not really suited for the webcomic platform, and you really launched it at a bad time. I don't think people would really mind if you launched it at NOT E3, but since you did, people were kinda hoping for some E3 jokes.

It doesn't help that, yeah, this is starting to drag a bit. tbh, I wouldn't mind one big page that sets up an entire scene of this followed by three small little shorts while you make the next big scene. Sure, continuity might take it in the ass, but it would make a more structured and fluid result, and it would cause the Escapist to stop deploying their pitchforks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kTnBTkUAnE

is there a wysiwyg editor for posts rather than just dumb textfield?

Sewa_Yunga:

Zachary Amaranth:

There were a lot of trees in the view last time. It's possible the area isn't populated enough, especially since she hasn't been dangling long.

You might wanna check the last panel again. There's clearly someone at the pond though I'm not sure if it's a hobo with a shotgun brown paperbag or Superman with a slightly discolored cape.

Hobos in parks are notoriously likely to turn to the police as trustworthy and reliable sources for information. Said hobo probably called up the cops on his cell phone and....

Seriously, though, the presence of what is likely a hobo doesn't really hurt the point I'm trying to make. There clearly aren't a lot of people around. Said hobo appears to have noticed, though, or he's lying on the ground (can't tell from the distorted perspective), but still, you probably won't get a lot of onlookers here.

Predictable, predictable, predictable. *yawn*

Please, let her drop and die. Then we can reboot this crap and perhaps it'll return a good comic. Until then, I'm done. Why should I read a comic that bores the heck out of me, just in the hope that it may return to be clever and funny and interesting like it once was?

Is that the hobo in panel 5?

Secret world leader (shhh):
Please guys, allow me.
*ahem*
Remember when this comic was about video games?

Yup.

I also remember when this comic was funny. Those were better times.

Called it! I knew this would happen.

rhodo:

Please, let her drop and die. Then we can reboot this crap and perhaps it'll return a good comic. Until then, I'm done. Why should I read a comic that bores the heck out of me, just in the hope that it may return to be clever and funny and interesting like it once was?

Because it's a free piece of entertainment that takes all of about two minutes to read, which nobody is forcing you to look at? Christ, people are needlessly caustic on this website.

Keep up the great work, guys. I'm interested in seeing how this arc ends.

o.o?

i do hope this goes some where good, last couple have been kinda ... eh

Oh, I get it!
He's trying to enforce a distinction between reality and her hallucinations.
"Could Kratos push you out a window? No? Then just ignore him, got it?"
"OK, I GET IT! STOP HELPING!"

Technically downskirt.

shrekfan246:

rhodo:

Because it's a free piece of entertainment that takes all of about two minutes to read, which nobody is forcing you to look at? Christ, people are needlessly caustic on this website.

Keep up the great work, guys. I'm interested in seeing how this arc ends.

Being too quick to give out compliments is just as bad as being constantly negative. If the writer of this starts to think they're doing a good idea, they'll just start to churn out cheesy love arcs over and over again...

Sparrow:

Being too quick to give out compliments is just as bad as being constantly negative. If the writer of this starts to think they're doing a good idea, they'll just start to churn out cheesy love arcs over and over again...

Turning the sarcasm off now, I'm not being quick about giving out compliments. I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this turns out, because it's a piece of entertainment that I'm getting to view free of charge, and I have to go out of my way to view it. I also think that Cory does great work on drawing this webcomic, and Grey Carter is a very good writer, so why would I not compliment their talents?

ace_of_something:
So... there's a guy wearing a cape or something in that grassy area down below.

I never read too much of it, but the video game thing was kinda funny at least. Now its like some weird romance about self-worth and destroying relationships....but everyone is a fucking psychopath.

Its.....strange to say the least.

Yet another boring episode of this comic. Will it ever be funny (again)?

shrekfan246:
I also think that Cory does great work on drawing this webcomic, and Grey Carter is a very good writer, so why would I not compliment their talents?

Well, mostly because the plot is pretty predictable so far. It's also been going on for a damn while and hasn't really reached anywhere. Erin wasn't exactly the most three dimensional character to begin with, so shaping an entire arc around her becoming human (or whatever this is leading up, I think it'd be far more interesting if he dropped her to be honest...) doesn't allow for stellar writing.

It's ok. It's certainly not bad. Cory's art makes up for it most of the time, and every now and again this arc is humourous, but the general consensus is that it worked a lot better when it was more focused on video games and being funny - which I agree with it.

Also, there was no reason to snap at me. I wasn't saying you were wrong, just warning against the perils of overly-praising.

Sparrow:

Well, mostly because the plot is pretty predictable so far. It's also been going on for a damn while and hasn't really reached anywhere. Erin wasn't exactly the most three dimensional character to begin with, so shaping an entire arc around her becoming human (or whatever this is leading up, I think it'd be far more interesting if he dropped her to be honest...) doesn't allow for stellar writing.

It's ok. It's certainly not bad. Cory's art makes up for it most of the time, and every now and again this arc is humourous, but the general consensus is that it worked a lot better when it was more focused on video games and being funny - which I agree with it.

Also, there was no reason to snap at me. I wasn't saying you were wrong, just warning against the perils of overly-praising.

I apologize, I'm just tired of how often people on this website act like they're detached and emotionally stunted, unable to enjoy anything that doesn't tickle them in a specific, particular way.

I think this arc is only suffering from the format of having two pages released per week. It's being drawn out for a very long time, and as such the staggering release is tiring people out because they want it to be resolved so that new things can be brought in again. I can agree with some of the complaints.

Wheres the funny? I'm not gonna pretend I'm not a douche and just come out and say this new serious direction this is taking is not good for the comic.

I read this because it's funny If I wanted drama I'd watch prime ministers questions on the news.

9thRequiem:
Not sure what all the complaints are about - I like this story arc.

The question I have is : Which of the two of them is the crazier?

[The correct answer is they are both clearly batshit bananas, and even thinking about comparing them will result in you losing your own sanity]

I don't mind the story arc, I mind how long it's taking. Like if this were a sitcom episode and happening continuously than I would have no issue with it. The fact of the matter is this doesn't work in a waiting page-by-page format

How is that helping? Also, that guys has the reflexes of a cat& some wicked upper body strength

-M

Mm, people wanting this arc to finish up so quickly and making such demands is starting to concern me. I understand if you don't find it humorous and all.. however, you can tell it's almost at an end so please be patient all.

Besides, I am alright with this arc. It may not be as funny as one would hope but it's something new at least and trust me- once the arc is done you will get nice stuff going again. Not that this arc isn't nice for I am loving the art and designs overall to each panel. Also if you rush something, we'll get a rushed ending like we did for Mass Effect 3. No one wants that, right?

"Stop Helping!"

*Joker smile* Poor choice of woorrds...

I gotta criticize the perspective on the fourth panel. It looks like she's lying on the ground in that picture.

Will definately keep following.

I like this new fellow.

He has style and also some pretty good upper body strength.

I think we should put it to votes. Make a pool, see how many people are tired of this badly written drama.
All I know is that when I start reading a comic for lighthearted humour, I want lighthearted humour. No one wants an horror movie to suddenly become a comedy. No one wants their espionage novel to turn into a romance book. No one wants their heavy metal song to suddenly become a pop music halfway through. No one wants an humorous comic to turn into a soap opera.
A few people may unexpectedly like the pop song that their heavy metal tune turned into. But that doesn't mean scary horror movies are allowed to suddenly become cheerful comedies, and so on.

And I'll add the most important part. Not only is this turned into drama, but it turned into BAD drama. Poorly written, uninteresting, poorly paced, and with an unlikeable protagonist.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here