GinxTV: Top 5 Downloadable Titles

Top 5 Downloadable Titles

All you need to enjoy these titles is a solid internet connection.

Watch Video

The narrator in Bastion sounds nothing like Morgan Freeman.

ccdohl:

It could be she compared the tone of voice (all-knowing, comforting, fatherly) instead of the actual voice. Because they indeed don't sound alike.

I very much agree with Fez and Bastion, those where very, very good. And I really wish Journy was available for Xbox or PC, it looks fantastic.

WorriedSandwich:

ccdohl:

It could be she compared the tone of voice (all-knowing, comforting, fatherly) instead of the actual voice. Because they indeed don't sound alike.

I very much agree with Fez and Bastion, those where very, very good. And I really wish Journy was available for Xbox or PC, it looks fantastic.

Maybe. I found the Bastion narrator to be more like a beat poet. Maybe she just meant that they both sound like black guys?

what was that red and black game in the beginning?

Good list!

boyvirgo666:

The one at 0:13 or the one at 0:41?

I recognize neither, but this will hopefully make it easier for someone to help out.

WorriedSandwich:

boyvirgo666:

The one at 0:13 or the one at 0:41?

I recognize neither, but this will hopefully make it easier for someone to help out.

The one at 0:13 is a cutscene from Flower, and the one at 0:41 is a cutscene from Renegade Ops.

Also, woot, Bastion!

WorriedSandwich:

ccdohl:

Bastion makes me jizz gold. That is how good it is: The music, the art style, the narration. All of it.

She said Morgan-Freeman-ESQUE, meaning his voice is on equal ground when it comes to how great it is.

Nice games in this list, but ... what's with the title "downloadable?"
I mean, I download about half my AAA titles, so doesn't that make them able to be downloaded?

so by downloadable she means xbla?

Top downloadable? How about my entire steam collection?

This would be best described as "Top 5 indie games"

zumbledum:
so by downloadable she means xbla?

Obviously you didn't watch the WHOLE video! Journey is a PSN exclusive at time of writing with no plans to go to XBLA, Nintendo indie channel or the PC

Meh, The definition of "Downloadable" game is a bit pointless. I buy everything from steam, ergo everything is downloadable. And its not about size, Bastion is only slightly smaller then Victoria 2.

If "Downloadable" means "Indie" then I think it aint a bad list. Although showing much more then the first 5 minutes of LIMBO is a bit spoilerish.

Shall we just define "Downloadable game" as a title with no boxed release and stop sounding like morons?

ccdohl:

the narrarator from bastion sounds like what Barry White and Ron Perlman's child would sound like

Zydrate:
She said Morgan-Freeman-ESQUE, meaning his voice is on equal ground when it comes to how great it is.

ESQUE would refer to being similar in style to, not on equal footing.

Still, the fact that this is my biggest nitpick means Ginx has finally done something good.

DeadlyYellow:
Shall we just define "Downloadable game" as a title with no boxed release and stop sounding like morons?

I'm game if you are. ;)

I'm just a little confused by the title. "Top 5 Downloadable Titles" is too broad. First, any game nowadays could be downloadable, but alright. I'll let that one slide because I'm not dumb and I know what she meant. Then the title makes it sound as the hottest 5 games out there, when it's really her top 5 downloadable games. She even says that several times throughout the video. Also, 4 out of those 5 were XBLA exclusive. So a little diversity would have been fine. What about Gotham City Impostors, the one that kept playing before and after the video? That's multiplatform. What about Minecraft, the one game people have been raving about nonstop since it came out a little over a month ago?

So, although those games were pretty good, the video is worth moot. I could also make a video about my favorite downloadable games and post it on Youtube or whatever. It's not that I mind this girl sharing her list of favorite downloadable games, it's just that it's irrelevant to this site. This is not a vlog.

I'm still waiting for that Ginx TV video that will blow my mind. Honestly, I'm being optimistic.

I really love interesting indie games, but I hate games that lack forward momentum, and wandering around a map looking for the next 'clue' or 'key' really just spoils a game for me. I even found Silent Hill 2 a little slow passed at times when I ended up retreading old ground trying to find where the game wants me to go next.

Keeping all this in mind, could someone who's played Journey tell me if I'd hate it? because I kinda think I will and I really don't want to.

Sadly im the only man in the universe who cant stand Limbo . Its a boring piece of shit , Trine better in every way .

What game is that video that she shows just before starting the list. The one with the comic book descriptions?

Beautiful End:
Also, 4 out of those 5 were XBLA exclusive. So a little diversity would have been fine.

I'm not sure what you're talking about Ilo Milo and Fez are the only Xbox exclusive, I own all the rest with no Xbox in my possession. I surprised it payed no homage to Cave Story it was the first downloadable game to go big from what I remember.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 4442)