Escapist News Wrap: Gaming Leaks and Sword-Fighting Kickstarters

Gaming Leaks and Sword-Fighting Kickstarters

This week, details and a promo video leak for Mass Effect 3 DLC and Thief 4. Ubisoft also defends the yearly Assassin's Creed releases and states they don't hate the British.

Watch Video

well this is new!

Informative and short but I prefer to read the articles myself rather that watch a sum up, but I guess it will be useful incase I miss anything important.

Sneezeguard:
well this is new!

Informative and short but I prefer to read the articles myself rather that watch a sum up, but I guess it will be useful incase I miss anything important.

Would links in the description back to the covered stories be something you would use?

yes that would be very useful

Nice work, Mr Butts.

Nice work.

A lot of improvement over the first couple of shows.

Yeah, probably my favourite so far. Good work, i have read all of these articles but i still find it interesting. Please keep it up!

Well this is new to my eyes!

I think I could get very used to watching this every week.

Nice job guys!

So this is like the serious version to the late ENN?
Either way this will be handy news summary if I missed any news link due to work.

This looks to be a rather nice new addition - he looks nothing like I expected though.

Oh one correction though; its "The Advertising Standards Authority" not "An Advertising Standards Authority." We only have the one of them.

A big improvement, I really like the background and Mr Butts looks a lot more comfortable in front of a camera. Looking forward to more of these!

Good stuff. My own fault I had my hopes shattered when you failed to rap the news.

yeah, i'd definately keep posting the links, i missed the thief article and it being right below the video was very convenient.

Assassin's Creed 3 and Neal Stephenson links below the video are leading to different articles.

Thanks for the feedback, all. This is obviously something new, so we're prepared to endure some growing pains. Justin and Tito helped to shape it into something that I feel is pretty slick and attractive.

I had at one point intended to do an actual rap, but cooler heads prevailed.

Steve Butts:
Thanks for the feedback, all. This is obviously something new, so we're prepared to endure some growing pains. Justin and Tito helped to shape it into something that I feel is pretty slick and attractive.

You need a catchphrase for when you sign off...

Something awesome...

Ah, that'll do.

funny, first time ive seen steve butts (in the flesh - sorta) but looks way different than id pictured him from the podcasts :D

Steve Butts:

I actually think the more serious approach would be welcome. Because then you'd have this as an overall wrapup of all of the news, then the podcast as a more comedic take. We all do miss ENN but I think the podcast has sort of taken over that role now.

Doom-Slayer:
We all do miss ENN but I think the podcast has sort of taken over that role now.

We miss it too, BUT! We do CheckPoint now, over at PATV, which is basically the same thing:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/show/checkpoint

Team Hollywood:
Gaming Leaks and Sword-Fighting Kickstarters

This week, details and a promo video leak for Mass Effect 3 DLC and Thief 4. Ubisoft also defends the yearly Assassin's Creed releases and states they don't hate the British.

Watch Video

the link below the video named 'Neal Stephenson's Sword-Fighting Kickstarter Has an Awesome Cameo' links you to the 'Assassin's Creed III's Big Jump Only Possible Due to Annual Releases' article

Graham_LRR:

Doom-Slayer:
We all do miss ENN but I think the podcast has sort of taken over that role now.

We miss it too, BUT! We do CheckPoint now, over at PATV, which is basically the same thing:

Oh don't worry I watch Checkpoint as well and so do most of my friends :) Are you allowed to say why ENN was stopped here? It seemed rather abrupt since it was so popular.

Doom-Slayer:

Graham_LRR:

Doom-Slayer:

Oh don't worry I watch Checkpoint as well and so do most of my friends :) Are you allowed to say why ENN was stopped here? It seemed rather abrupt since it was so popular.

Because it wasn't that popular. The people who liked it really liked it, (us included) , but there just weren't enough of them.

Doom-Slayer:

Susan is correct. We've never been coy about it, the series got cancelled due to lack of viewership. No big deal.

Just like to point out, the Razer Hydra is a PC peripheral.

And now I know what Steve Butts looks like.

He's so dreamy...

Edit:

Graham_LRR:
Susan is correct. We've never been coy about it, the series got cancelled due to lack of viewership. No big deal.

This actually surprises me...

I always thought Steve was more Happy beard. Kinda like this:

On a point of actual criticism, I don't quite know what it is but something is a bit.... visually off. Aside from that nice.

Steve Butts, Y U NO LOOK LIKE IN MY HEAD WHEN ON PODCATS?

Seriously though, should be interesting. Curious, is it just going to be Steve or are we going to get to see what others look like.

...and if Greg Tito doesn't look like Richard Hammond with coke-bottle glasses, so help me...

Endocrom:
Steve Butts, Y U NO LOOK LIKE IN MY HEAD WHEN ON PODCATS?

Seriously though, should be interesting. Curious, is it just going to be Steve or are we going to get to see what others look like.

...and if Greg Tito doesn't look like Richard Hammond with coke-bottle glasses, so help me...

Hah, google images is your friend... though in this case it might not be. Tito's not quite Hammond, however (and I mean this in the best possible way) he does have a bit of hamster in him in my opinion. No glasses though.

Anyway great job Steve! Your delivery felt a bit rushed but the news reporting was good, I normally read the articles but it's hard not to miss a few.

nooooo! steeaave! i only know you by your voice! i didn't want to know what you look like the same as you never want to meet your heroes!
...oh god, that sounded awful! it's no big deal i guess, you have a beard, that's all that matters. you sound like you have a beard in the podcasts;D

Beards make everything better.

Good,but it can use some improvement.Perhaps a little more personality and character wouldn't hurt?

Steve Butts:
Beards make everything better.

Wait a second...

That shirt doesn't go with that jacket!

Your jokes would be funnier if you worked on the delivery, as it is it's just one tone throughout, whether you're cracking jokes or delivering news.

So it gets kind of boring.

Im glad the escapist is getting something like this again. I feel that this type of show really works well with 2 people instead of one, maybe Susan would join?

I like this show a lot. It seems new and is very informative. It also appears to be quite balanced where he lets you decide about what to think about it and presents the real information about the news clearly and balanced.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here