The Opportunist

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

canadamus_prime:
Oh I get it now, hence why I said "wasn't getting" and not "am not getting."

Ah, I see. Read that wrong. And here I was this close to writing a more sarcastic comment juxtaposed with Nicolas Cage's face. That would have looked pretty bad on my part. :P

Khravv:
I actually don't mind this storyline, but I do agree the pacing is kind of slow.

This is basically my feelings on this arc. I think the story is interesting enough. But it is REALLY boring me with how slowly we are getting there.

Sejborg:
Just kill her off already, and get on with it!!!

Yes! Get on with it!

Grey Carter:
The Opportunist

The Jackson School of Interventions

Read Full Article

So, which one's the fan of Ellie Goulding? You or Cory? ;D

Also, interesting turn of events. I'm looking forward to seeing the next crazy twist in this crazy arc xD

canadamus_prime:

Malty Milk Whistle:

canadamus_prime:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.

It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.

Well I wouldn't really call Kratos and Duke Nukem "good guys."

But they are both the Protagonist (the main character) of their respective games and not the antagonist (a character, group of characters, or institution, that represents the opposition against which the protagonist must contend)

Third frame: What's wrong with her nose!?

Malty Milk Whistle:

canadamus_prime:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.

It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.

Seeing that Medusa head & reading the caption underneath gave me a major Castlevania flashback! Well done to those of you who figured that out too.

I'd probably be less "meh" about this if the pacing of this arc wasn't diabolically slow. Can't help but think you could be working within the confines of your medium a bit better- this would work much better as a comic book than a twice a week webcomic. We could at least do with a bit more of the story with each installment :/

Mr.Pandah:

Sejborg:

Yes! Get on with it!

Paul Sedgmore:

canadamus_prime:

Malty Milk Whistle:

Well I wouldn't really call Kratos and Duke Nukem "good guys."

But they are both the Protagonist (the main character) of their respective games and not the antagonist (a character, group of characters, or institution, that represents the opposition against which the protagonist must contend)

Ah, but you see that's where the bone of contention lies. A protagonist isn't always necessarily a "good guy."

Ha! I suppose her subconscious is trying to help her. But like Tris said, "I never said it was particularly good at it."

There is always one question that comes prominently forward in my mind every time I hear these super-cynical, bitter, nihilistic types talking about how worthless, pointless, purposeless, and meaningless life is and that it's all just a big waste of time, and that question is "then why are you still here?". I don't think they ever completely believe half the crap they spew; I suspect they are just rationalizing to suppress their own feelings of failure to define their own purpose in life and to find their own happiness.

press X not to not progress the storyline

Moonlight Butterfly:
So she is seeing antagonists now.

This does not bode well for walking to the toilet in the dark...

Suddenly a wild Pyramid Head appears!

We're all waiting for it.

ALL OF US.

That dude's pretty effing strong to be able to hold a person up with one arm...

lacktheknack:

Moonlight Butterfly:
So she is seeing antagonists now.

This does not bode well for walking to the toilet in the dark...

Suddenly a wild Pyramid Head appears!

We're all waiting for it.

ALL OF US.

Erin uses empty bladder

It's not very effective :(

She is clearly beyond help. Fucking drop her.

luckycharms8282:
That dude's pretty effing strong to be able to hold a person up with one arm...

She's not actually hanging out the window. In the next comic it will go all A Beautiful Mind on us and it turns out the guy doesn't exist, he's another hallucination.

He's Alex Mercer.

Swyftstar:
He should just let her go and be done with it. I'm sick of her and the pace of this story.

Then stop reading it? People like you make me laugh. You dislike something yet you keep reading it and then complain about how you don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine, your opinion. But if you dislike it, just stop reading it, no one's forcing you to read it at gunpoint.

OT: Why has Tris' black eyes healed already?

Nameless dude drop her, when the cops come by say she was crazy tried to attack you if you play your cards right you'll go scot free.

Lumber Barber:

Mr.Pandah:

Sejborg:

Yes! Get on with it!

Thread has been won. You got what I was getting at!

Furioso:
Really? That's his reason? ...Well thank fuck he was able to grab her leg...

Somehow I get the feeling he just really wanted to push her out of a window (can't blame him) and at the last second his thoughts went from "Finally!" to "I don't want to be charged with murder!" and he got her just in time.
Also, isn't she looking directly into Medusa's eyes?

I get the impression that it would have made more sense if it was clear that this was a medusa head, not just medusa's head poking out of the side of the frame that isn't visibly detached from anything.

I'm one of the few people who kinda likes this storyline but the pacing is a real problem. It would work better as a comic book rather than a twice-a-week strip.

Farther than stars:
Also, isn't she looking directly into Medusa's eyes?

Oh, don't be silly. That only works with yellow Medusa Heads.

so they gonna have sex yet?

DVS BSTrD:
Well I guess if we were going by the actual mythology, this really would be a case of "dawn breaks over marble head"

Captcha: Know your rights
I thought Ron Paul already dropped out?

He didn't drop so much as he's no longer actively campaigning.

I want to know where this jguy trains to get that kinda grip.

Zachary Amaranth:

I want to know where this jguy trains to get that kinda grip.

The white knight gym

I red the last 10 pages of this strip....this comics still makes no sense to me.
Whats its purpose? Its barely funny either...

Apparently regret and commiseration are also in the eye of the beholder.

Mr.Pandah:

Sejborg:

Yes! Get on with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

not entirely sure how you just embed it.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Swyftstar:
He should just let her go and be done with it. I'm sick of her and the pace of this story.

Then stop reading it? People like you make me laugh. You dislike something yet you keep reading it and then complain about how you don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine, your opinion. But if you dislike it, just stop reading it, no one's forcing you to read it at gunpoint.

OT: Why has Tris' black eyes healed already?

Well first of all I'm glad I make you laugh. If I can make just one person happy then I've done my job. Second of all, I didn't say I disliked the story, I'm complaining about the pace of it and about Erin's attitude, something a lot of people are doing but apparantly you liked my post the best.

Devoneaux:

Mr.Pandah:

Sejborg:

Yes! Get on with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtm_Q2LK9g

not entirely sure how you just embed it.

It's okay. I knew what video clip it was before I even clicked on it. Haha god I love me some Monty python.

Ok, I foresee this incredibly slow storyarc going on for.... three to five months, at this pace.

I get the feeling that wasn't quite what he was going for...

saintdane05:
Ha! Its a medusa head! I get it!

I don't...

.__.

>_>

No really, wat?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: