Trailers: Assassin's Creed III: Commented Frontier

Assassin's Creed III: Commented Frontier

A commented walkthrough of what was shown at E3 this year.

Watch Video

I want, this game. I want it so badly it burns! Already per-ordered freedom edition.
October can't come quickly enough.

this game looks really good. WANT!

Who the FUCK is Agent 47?

Same here honestly cant wait

Month, Y U NO OCTOBER?!

really looking forward to it. cant wait to stab people again and listen to the soundtrack as well.

This does look like a big improvement over Revelations. It's nice that they've actually changed something for this game.

Demo please, actually screw it. Game please, either that or somebody please pick me up in a flying DeLorean programmed for October.

I'm really looking forward to playing this, and I'm happy that he revealed that there are multiple routes into the fort, the latter ACs have had some quests that were a bit to linear for these kind of games. But that sure was an odd definition of "stealth"...

Yes it looks good. I was wrong to think the civil war setting would be bad in any way.

But seriously? A metal ball of a bullet explodes gunpowder? I'm not easily pleased by some flashy lights you know. Especially if you have to throw history, science and immersion out of the window for a moment to do it.

Elmoth:
But seriously? A metal ball of a bullet explodes gunpowder? I'm not easily pleased by some flashy lights you know. Especially if you have to throw history, science and immersion out of the window for a moment to do it.

This actually prompted a search for knowledge, and added another notch to the "Why America's Liturgical Society gets under my skin" list, and I bloody well live here.

No, black powder is NOT impact/friction sensitive, and blowing up a casket (which is, technically, possible) would require an open flame or at least a glowing heat source... despite what the EPA label says on containers of black powder (or the writers of CSI Miami claim).

And I don't really think that Connor has access to phosphorous or magnesium musket rounds... Heheheh.

Either way, I'll let myself suspend disbelief, because I haven't seen anything about AC3 that doesn't make me antsy to have October arrive faster.
The only reason I haven't made a pre-order is because most of the diverse offerings are for single-player content, and I'd rather get all of that in one go as DLC for my second playthrough.
(Despite the slight bile taste, I DID pre-order through Gamestop for Revelations, just to get the whole shebang in one go. The only DLC left to possibly purchase later was for multi-player or that additional Desmond first person bit, which I have no interest in.)

SangRahl:

Elmoth:

This actually prompted a search for knowledge, and added another notch to the "Why America's Liturgical Society gets under my skin" list, and I bloody well live here.

No, black powder is NOT impact/friction sensitive, and blowing up a casket (which is, technically, possible) would require an open flame or at least a glowing heat source... despite what the EPA label says on containers of black powder (or the writers of CSI Miami claim).

And I don't really think that Connor has access to phosphorous or magnesium musket rounds... Heheheh.

Either way, I'll let myself suspend disbelief, because I haven't seen anything about AC3 that doesn't make me antsy to have October arrive faster.
The only reason I haven't made a pre-order is because most of the diverse offerings are for single-player content, and I'd rather get all of that in one go as DLC for my second playthrough.
(Despite the slight bile taste, I DID pre-order through Gamestop for Revelations, just to get the whole shebang in one go. The only DLC left to possibly purchase later was for multi-player or that additional Desmond first person bit, which I have no interest in.)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! I just had a brainfart!! FLAMING ARROWS!!!!!

Hm, this gameplay doesn't make me feel any less uneasy about that game. I'll miss the crowd stealth and the navigating cities most. I'll probably sit this one out until it hits the bargain bin.

Is there any information as to how much of the game will take place outside the animus? Desmond had become a better protagonist than he used to be...

So how exactly is a guy leaping around in bare winter treetops like an over grown orangutan somehow invisible? He would stick out like a saw thumb, not to mention all the noise and falling snow from the trees being shaken and bent by his wait.
Or am I just letting physics and logic get in the way of a good story?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here