Intervention Egg-Timer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

With Erin in that position I doubt she's the only one looking "inside" herself.
Also: FLASHBACKS WOO-WHO!

Nice to see this guy's unprovoked assault (and possible sexual harassment) is going along swimmingly! Keep it up, you delightful felon, you!

I'd prefer you guys have the comic move at whatever pace you think it should go, rather than have us tell you how fast it should go. None of us know where exactly you are going with this, so if we wanted you to hurry up and "get to the good part", we could ruin the build up or miss some important detail that you guys originally had lined up.

I don't mind the pace you guys are going at, so please keep going at whatever pace you think is best :)

itsthesheppy:
Nice to see this guy's unprovoked assault (and possible sexual harassment) is going along swimmingly! Keep it up, you delightful felon, you!

My thoughts exactly.
I'd been wondering who's the more crazy - him or her, and now I can tell it's totally him.

itsthesheppy:

Is he movivated by Lesure Suit Lary?

Oh don't listen to us whiny people, you do whatever you want with this story.

I'd prefer you guys have the comic move at whatever pace you think it should go, rather than have us tell you how fast it should go. None of us know where exactly you are going with this, so if we wanted you to hurry up and "get to the good part", we could ruin the build up or miss some important detail that you guys originally had lined up.

I don't mind the pace you guys are going at, so please keep going at whatever pace you think is best :)

DVS BSTrD:
With Erin in that position I doubt she's the only one looking "inside" herself.
Also: FLASHBACKS WOO-WHO!

All the more reason to buy a vibrator.

Haha, oh wow, that's hilarious! Though she does have a point, I doubt a vibrator would hang her out of a window.

canadamus_prime:

No one whined about the story -_-

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

No, only everybody including me.

For the record, I'm fine with the comic as is. I never posted, because I had no complaints. I eagerly await further installments.

First: pacing issues. While this story arc has only gone on for 16-or-so strips, I realize it seems longer since you guys are reading it on a twice weekly schedule. We're looking into speeding things up a touch.

Thank you, Grey. I've been really enjoying the story arc but it's been the pacing that's been getting to me. I'm glad you're going to try and resolve the pacing issues.

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

"Everybody?" Go ahead and show us how everyone whined. Any time you're ready.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

Ok ok Mr. Technicalities, almost everybody.

Why is it that every time a girl in a comic or anime gets hung upside down (reguardless of the venue being out a window, in a basement, etc.) that some creature with tentacles invariably shows up?

But seriously, she is going on a mental roadtrip with the floating, disembodied head of Medusa? And here we thought she was already just about as stoned as she could get!

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Like? Quotes? So far you're the only one complaining here.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

]Ok fine!

Satisfied?

You know. I just think he wants to continue looking down her skirt.

Aside from the pacing, I have enjoyed this story arc. While it is a daunting task to try to fit the right amount of story in one strip without it being too slow or too cluttered, I wish you the best of luck.

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

]Ok fine!

Satisfied?

Nice quotes from a different video thread. I'm still waiting for you to show us how "almost everybody" is whining.

OOh better pacing would be nice, the story is good I like it. I'm interested to see how it turns out :3

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

]Ok fine!

Satisfied?

Nice quotes from a different video thread. I'm still waiting for you to show us how "almost everybody" is whining.

Yes, those aren't from this comic specifically, but they are still referring to this story arc.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

Stories have there time and place, and a 16-panelish tale of GTOnizuka style psychological therapy does not belong in a videogame webcomics. Pacing, is ill-suited for falling-out-of-windows scenes, and the characters are not fleshed out enough to feel sympathetic about there drunk rampages and existential crises.

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:
]Ok fine!

Satisfied?

Yes, those aren't from this comic specifically, but they are still referring to this story arc.

Sorry, did you not see the part where I said we are still waiting for you to show us how "almost everybody" is whining? Any time you're ready.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

Sorry, did you not see the part where I said we are still waiting for you to show us how "almost everybody" is whining? Any time you're ready.

And I did that. Bearing in mind that "almost everybody" was still a bit of an exaggeration. There's also the simple fact that Grey wouldn't have felt the need to comment on the pace of the story if a whole bunch of people hadn't complained about it.

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

And I did that. Bearing in mind that "almost everybody" was still a bit of an exaggeration. There's also the simple fact that Grey wouldn't have felt the need to comment on the pace of the story if a whole bunch of people hadn't complained about it.

Oohh. So you exaggerated twice and continue to back up when actually asked to support your statements. Nice contribution to the thread.

Hilarious, but at this point I can't tell if either you or the characters don't know what the fuck they're doing or trying to accomplish.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

Oohh. So you exaggerated twice and continue to back up when actually asked to support your statements. Nice contribution to the thread.

I'm sure being extremely anal-retentive about pointless things is a huge contribution to this thread as well. Seriously, just drop it.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime is right, I wanted to see the comments specifically to see if there would be lots of criticism again, and how people would react to the remark about the pacing. Just look through the threads for previous Critical Miss's in this story arc.

Edit: on a side note, if a name's first letter isn't capitalized, and I use this name to begin my sentence, should I capitalize it?

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

I'm sure being extremely anal-retentive about pointless things is a huge contribution to this thread as well. Seriously, just drop it.

Pointing out people's errors and requesting they support their claims is a fairly standard part of argument, friend.

Grey Carter:
As always, you can follow both Cory and I on Twitter.

Okay, I know it's a petty thing, but I haven't reached my quota for the day, and I'm seeing this more and more often, so here goes:

You mean "Cory and me" there. You're one of the objects of the verb "follow" in that sentence, so the pronoun should be in the objective case ("me"). It'd be "I" if you were part of the subject, as in "Cory and I are on Twitter".

Phew. Okay, I got that out of my system. I'll be over in the Pedant Corner if anyone needs me.

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime:

Clearing the Eye:

I did back up my statements and you scoffed at my evidence because it wasn't from this thread specifically even though I wasn't talking about this thread specifically; in fact I was specifically referring to previous Critical Miss comic threads which makes my evidence even more relevant. So you can't say I didn't back up my statements.

WorriedSandwich:

Clearing the Eye:

canadamus_prime is right, I wanted to see the comments specifically to see if there would be lots of criticism again, and how people would react to the remark about the pacing. Just look through the threads for previous Critical Miss's in this story arc.

Edit: on a side note, if a name's first letter isn't capitalized, and I use this name to begin my sentence, should I capitalize it?

Thank you.

Clearing the Eye:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Clearing the Eye:

Pointing out people's errors and requesting they support their claims is a fairly standard part of argument, friend.

Not when you're being this pedantic about it. It's a simple exaggeration, people exaggerate things all the time. You know damn fine what he meant when said everybody was complaining about the story arc. It was obvious he meant a lot of people have been complaining (and a lot of people have been complaining) throughout this story arc, but was just exaggerating it by saying "everybody". You're just trying to be a smart ass about it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here