Miracle of Sound: Kalros!! (Mass Effect 3)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Kalros!! (Mass Effect 3)

Mother of the threshers, titan of the soil.

Watch Video

Well, this was an unexcpected subject. But it's good to hear another heavier song from you.

Notice in the description that the title is wrong... I suspect copy/pasting...

Life In Bullet Time
Music and Lyrics by: Gavin Dunne
Performed by: Miracle of Sound
Video by: Justin Clouse

CRUSH!!

Under barren wastelands
Deepest catacombs
Shudder shake and shatter
Sunken city roam... etc

What's that, 5 songs now about Mass Effect? Take It Back, Commander Shepard, Normandy, Crucible and now this. Luckily I love them all :D

Kalros taking down a Reaper was one of the best moments in the game. I'm glad you made a song for it, Gav.

It's heavier than expected, but damn. I like it :D CRUSH!

Short and sweet. And I liked how you stuck with ONE color
Brown.

Andy Shandy:
What's that, 5 songs now about Mass Effect? Take It Back, Commander Shepard, Normandy, Crucible and now this. Luckily I love them all :D

It's for the Mass Effect Album. Or at least it should be.

Epic and Crushing, just like it should be considering the subject matter! The backing vocals worked really well as well. Reminded me of early Fear Factory for some reason, think its the bass drum and the riff.

me after 15 sec: NEED TO BUY!!

xplosive59:
Epic and Crushing, just like it should be considering the subject matter! The backing vocals worked really well as well. Reminded me of early Fear Factory for some reason, think its the bass drum and the riff.

I love Fear Factory. The chorus vocals are definitely a rip off of - sorry I mean, were influenced by - Burton C Bell's vocal style :D

Miracle of sound is definitely an apt name for you - Every new song takes on a whole new style but makes it sound like that's the only style you've ever worked in. What next? Some light opera perhaps?

Love it, especially since it celebrates my absolute favourite mission from the game.

Hollyday:
Miracle of sound is definitely an apt name for you - Every new song takes on a whole new style but makes it sound like that's the only style you've ever worked in. What next? Some light opera perhaps?

Actually the next song is something completely new and different that I've never tried before, both musically thematically :)

Not to fond of this one, though the works I don't like from you can be counted on one hand, so I suppose I am not exactly entitled to complain.

I suspect a lot of it has to do with me not particularly liking this style, with things such as your singing not really seeming to fit with the music playing. On top of this, I don't find anything to like in the lyrics and I don't really think the song goes anywhere past the foreplay.

But I suppose the bane of being a fan of a guy who explores virtually every genre in existence is that he will eventually be treading ground you don't particular like. So I guess I'll just have my fingers crossed for next song ;)

Never played past the first half hour of Mass Effect 1 so I have no idea what this song is about, I guess the sandworm thing from the video? Love the heavy style though, so even without knowing about the subject matter it was still really enjoyable to listen to.

Okay, fun and I like the theme.

BUT (after a lead in like that, you knew a 'but' was coming, didn't you...) it really feels like there ought to be some big drum beats in time to the hammers on screen. I know that music comes first and then video, but it felt like a missed opportunity...

Other than that? A good heavy metal theme that readily sums up one of ME3's most awesome moments.

I expected that this song lyrics won't be hard to remember ;) Not great, but still good work.

Also, have you ever tried to make a song which has an easy track in Audiosurf? Struggling with the Shooter Guy on Ninja Mono for a week and still can't perfect it -_- xD

Didn't enjoy this song as much as some others, but I think this comes down to personal preference.

I did like how the style matched the subject matter though! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to your next song!

The song has a sort of hard-hitting reverence that I find to be pretty awe-inspiring. Perfect sound for the beast.

May not be your best, but damn do I like your heavier stuff.

MiracleOfSound:

Actually the next song is something completely new and different that I've never tried before, both musically thematically :)

You can't say something like that and then make us wait! so mean...

Looking forward to it. If it is opera then I want some credit for calling it first :)

I was really excited when you announced a loud and heavy Mass Effect song would come out today, but this wasn't what I expected. Not my style, sadly.

Must say, I am really loving this song. Sure many are saying it's not their style but gosh- I can rock my head to this because it's so good! It's not to much heavy metal, but the vocals are played well enough to sound hardcore. I love this song and will be getting it :} you have my thanks for making this song.

MiracleOfSound:

Hollyday:

So, in other words...

But yeah, as said before, this one isn't really my style, but I can still appreciate it. At least Wrex was in the video!

MiracleOfSound:

Hollyday:

So, Chiptunes, or something a bit more mellow like Junior Boys? :D

TheCaptain:

Andy Shandy:

It's for the Mass Effect Album. Or at least it should be.

Captain, you're a genius!

Gav, get on it, you only need another 6 songs or so!
(how about one about Garrus?)

I didn't know you could go this brutal with your riffs Gavin. Love it.

Very nice dude!!! Sounding better with every song. :)

Detecting a bit of Meshuggah in there, it's awesome.
You don't happen to have listened to Koloss any time lately? :D

Kind of reminded me of Mastodon, and I liked it.

Definitely a step back to the older titles, with the rather ... streamlined lyrics. I like it nonetheless, especially for the heavy approach again.

I didn't really like this one. Too heavy for m- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-WORM. ALL HAIL KALROS!

Seriously, it's pretty awesome :)

Karlos is the worm I'm assuming?

Wow! Good goin' Gav

Such a large beast of the sands deserves such a heavy song (How many Thresher Maws can boast about taking down a reaper?)

The_Darkness:

BUT (after a lead in like that, you knew a 'but' was coming, didn't you...) it really feels like there ought to be some big drum beats in time to the hammers on screen. I know that music comes first and then video, but it felt like a missed opportunity...

Due to the fast pace and limited time schedule we work to, changing a song to fit the video is not an option.

jurnag12:
Detecting a bit of Meshuggah in there, it's awesome.
You don't happen to have listened to Koloss any time lately? :D

Glad you noticed :) Took a big influence from Meshuggah's crazy time signatures with this song. I think it takes a math metal fan to actually hear just how deceptively complex they are.

I like the use of odd time signatures in this. Kinda reminds me of Tool or Dream Theatre or something. That style of songwriting isn't something I would have expected from you. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here