Erin and Erin

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hey, her black eye is gone!

Sorry, just the first thing I noticed...

Is this a sign of the arc speeding up?

I'm not sure why, but I'm suddenly regaining hoe for this arc...

I'm actually looking forward to the next update!

Could be interesting to see Inner Erin.

Inner child Erin is best Erin. :P Though I don't see how getting pissed at the guy hanging her out of a window and a floating medusa head is classified as a freak out. Also is inner child Erin playing Mario?

Nile McMorrow:
Inner child Erin is best Erin. :P Though I don't see how getting pissed at the guy hanging her out of a window and a floating medusa head is classified as a freak out. Also is inner child Erin playing Mario?

Super Mario World, to be more specific.

This made me laugh so much. I am glad he took our complaints about pacing seriously.

Now we're cooking with gas. Unfortunately, we seem to be cooking...

Captcha: cabbage stew

... Ew.

I thought her having visions about characters from various videogames was about as weird as the "canon" story could get, but apparently I was wrong.

Child Erin sounds positevely funny, though.

The original Erin is doing a good job at putting herself in situations that give others reasons to lecture her, so I assume part of her mind is next on the list?

I am not sure where this is going anymore, so I can't even say if I like/dislike it as a whole.

it's lovely to see that even "Inner Erin" is a deadpan snarker.

Inner Erin seems a bit more genuine, kinda like who Erin is trying to be with her somewhat fake seeming snark and almost forced rough personality, notice how little inner Erin's facial expression only changes to the schadenfreude of her physical self. Does that mean the moral of the arc is going to be more "be yourself, not a caricature of yourself." Also, wonder if Tris is a fan of Xiang Yu.

Also Nile McMorrow, all older gamer's inner children are always constantly playing the first NES Mario (Or as in Erin's case, the SNES Mario, both because they came with their respective consoles as the defining moment of when the gamer considers they became a gamer) the game the box everyone started on came with, it's iconic and meaningful in that way, and why most archetypal gamer merch is marked with mushrooms or the like.

Yuri Albuquerque:

Indeed, looks like it's a depiction of the start of (I think) the first level of Forest of Illusion (The yellow dots made me think of the caterpillar things right away), probably one of my favorite levels as a kid even if I found the rest of the levels annoying xD

On topic.... Yay?

you're upside down in meatspace ROFL loved it!!

Why am I reminded of Toph...

Ok, I didn't see this coming. I want to speak to my inner child!

Showing my age but anyone remember the Maxx animated series? I hear the inner child talking in the same voice as Julie's dream child.

-"She can't be up there!"

-"Why?"

-"Because it's against the law!"

-"What law?"

-"The laws of gravity!"

(Sorry for the lame joke, my id got the better of me. :D)

Yuri Albuquerque:

Just goes to show that I'm old now - I thought it was Pitfall.

Waiting for Raz to run in and sort this shizz out.

will this lead to Erin's origin story?

Remember Erin, if Limbo shows up you've gone too far.

LOL, Erin broke the cardinal rule of cartoon gravity; "When in mid-air or walking on an inverted surface, never look down or think about doing so as this will cause you to instantly fall."

Captcha - Remain Calm

Perfect for this as Erin shouldnt keep thinking too much about the physics of Head-space. It may lead to much pain.... LOL, what am I say MAY lead to pain, WILL lead to much pain.

BWOOOOOOONG

i could see that happening from a mile away though.

I like where this is going.
Someone's going to take that the wrong way.

saintdane05:

Holy shit I just realised I was actually reading that in her voice after the first few panels. It fits so well, I just went back and read the whole thing again.
Anyway, great comic. I haven't really had an issue with the arc lately, but this is still one of my favourite strips in quite a while.

Definitely the meatiest comic in a while. I am actually really looking forward to her conversation with her inner "thing". She certainly doesn't seem to be capable of listening to anybody else.

craddoke:

Yuri Albuquerque:

Just goes to show that I'm old now - I thought it was Pitfall.

I thought it was Pitfall at first too. Then I noticed she was playing a Super Nintendo and didn't know what it was.

Oh, this is gonna get deep!
Looking forward to more.

lol nice

faith in arc restored. also, nice to see 'little Erin' is just as snarky and condescending as big Erin

Erin's subconscious is pretty smart, and well behaved. For a child at least/so far.

This should be interesting.

Oh! Wait, does this mean that the "old" Sonic is alive still in this place?

saintdane05:

Man, that would be so much better then this. (No offense, Mr. Carter. Toph is much better then a LOT of things.)

Anyway, while I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere in this arc, I'm kinda wondering why Erin had be hanging upside down for almost a month before we got here. Still, I'm actually looking forward to the next strip now. Faith in arc restored, I guess.

Oh my gosh, here we go again.... the story: blahblahblah, blahblahmostclichedramaeverblablah.

Seriously, you can't make a funny joke in one episode, and the next episode it's another boring predicable drama crap. Plus, you're trying to use every cliche ever.

Either you stop making the funny comics and keep with this crap, or you return to your funny comics. Lack of inspiration is no excuse for this horror that looks written by a 12 years old kid.

Biodeamon:
BWOOOOOOONG

i could see that happening from a mile away though.

I could see everything in this story arc happening from a mile away.

The twist is- that's not her inner child.. that's her inner gamer. She's to immature which is why she's in the form of a child and the real Erin talking to the cocky-smarty pants of a gamer will make her realize all her flaws thus when she finally gets the idea on life... only then will this child be grown up to Erin's eyes and in the real world Erin herself shall be a better person.

Or it really is her inner child and this will take a different turn making it all the better lol.

This makes me wonder if your inner-self would know words that you yourself do not. Maybe some sort of subconscious understanding of concept that can't be cognitively explained, so comes out as words you've been exposed to, but never consciously learned. Curious concept.

Oh, and I've been reading this comic since it started, always enjoyed it, but never said anything up to this point. It's a great read, and one of the many things I actively look forward to reading when I visit the site. I'm personally hoping for a return to the more light-hearted lampooning of video game idiosyncrasies, but I've never been opposed to insightful and interesting character building.

Am I the only one hoping he lets go or someone calls the cops turning the situation into a hostage thing?

saintdane05:

Oh, dear lord, I was just about to post this. So I'm NOT crazy. Maybe it's the fact that she's not changing the direction she's looking throughout the whole page (because of the game, clearly), but Toph was the first thing to pop into my head.

Judging from a couple other comments, the parallel is more striking than I thought.

What the hell happened to child Erin's legs in the last panel?

WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, CORY?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or