Media Sandwich: Media Sandwich Episode 16

Media Sandwich Episode 16

Pop music leaves the back-burner in this week's much anticipated episode of Media Sandwich.

Watch Video

Congrats on the job Chris and I hope you get to keep doing this stuff.

I really don't listen to pop music, but hearing about Todd being on the show I watched some of his videos and I really like them, so... cool beans.

Grats on the job and all but what happened with all the 'conflict of interest' stuff (assuming you know now)?

Bought Chumbawumba's CD really cheap, gotta say, the rest of the album, kinda preachy.

Censoring on the radio: You know what's funny? I've heard ZZ Top's Legs and Charlie Daniels' Devil Went Down To Georgia uncensored on the radio for as long as I was aware of them (and some others probably). Untill about a year ago they started muting out bits.

Stephen Tobolowsky plays a minor role in my favorite movie. See if you can guess it.

"You idiots! These are not them, you've captured their stunt doubles!"

I wish I had a question for him.

My 5 albums... Tough.

Discovery- Daft Punk
Demon Days- Gorillaz
S&M- Metallica
The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Soundtrack- Koji Kondo
Rolling Blackouts- The GO! Team

I love Interstella 5555! 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. It's how I got into Daft Punk in the first place: It was back in the early days of Pokémon, and my Mum was all "check out this music video, it looks like the Pokémon cartoon". Watched it, mind was blown, and the rest is history.

Katy Perry. I'm not a massive fan of her music, but I do think she's damn adorable. She just comes across as so bubbly and fun, I feel compelled to take her to the beach and buy her ice cream.

Congrats on the job Chris! I hope it all works out well.

Was interesting getting to listen to the podcast as it came out. Just lucked out that it came out on my day off. Do enjoy it, but it was more interesting hearing the reasoning for the top 5 albums. Would like to hear you do more on the subject. Hearing the why on stuff even if it is as simple as the food you eat seems more interesting then what the food you eat is. I hope you can do this more often.

Do agree with you on Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Do enjoy the game, but have listen to the music more often then I have played the game. Then again I love the band, even though they are hit and miss. Though oddly enough I am not a fan of techno for the same reason as Todd.

My top 5 albums that I can listen to right now on repeat would be

Those Darn Accordions - Squeeze Machine
Tally Hall - Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
Anamanaguchi - Power Supply
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Peter McConnell - Grim Fandango-soundtrack or Brütal Legend Original Soundtrack

One is the one I enjoy the most and the other is the reason I started paying attention to music in games. Depending on the when you ask me it will be one or the other.

Now this is what I challenge you to answer as well. What are your favorite songs on each album? Here is what it is for me.

Those Darn Accordions - Glass of Beer Polka
Tally Hall - Ruler Of Everything
Anamanaguchi - Fast Turtle
The Beatles - Nowhere Man
Peter McConnell - 32 - Bone Wagon or The End?

The bleeping of things has to do with the oddity of what people think they should censor. It is something to this day I still don't get. I had my boss come on me for saying pissed. Which I still don't get. Ass I kind of get, but I have no idea why but is. I had my cousin get on to me about that. Has no problem with a fuck or a shit, but a but is deemed to dirty for their son to hear. Makes no sense, guess it has to do with your upbringing. Was taught it doesn't matter what you say, it matters what you mean. Kind of why I have a problem with people using the word gay to mean suck. Which I don't get because, how is something sucking related to something that is happy or homosexual? The only way it does is in using it to say that all people who are homosexual or happy are of lesser value. Or how the kids say it these days, suck. I know it is a heavy subject, but how can it suck? There is no problem with the Earth's gravitational pull to suck it down. So how can being happy or homosexual suck? It isn't heavy. The whole thing sounds like word replacing from 1984 book.

What kind of censoring did you grow up with? What do you censor yourself on, and why?

Contradiction:
Grats on the job and all but what happened with all the 'conflict of interest' stuff (assuming you know now)?

Just got word: Things continue on as planned! Hooray! :D

Sounds good to hear there is more to come.

Chris Pranger:

That's awesome congratulation, I was worried so I've been watching and waiting for your post. so here...

Your fans love you

and we're happy you're still here

I never did get much into albums, because when I actually got into music, iTunes had long since been a thing. Kinda wish I was able to do that. And yes, radio censorship has been a long-standing source of entertainment and confusion for me.

Glad to hear things will still continue. And congratulations on the job! Live the dream, man! Good luck with the moving, and hopefully things will keep working out.

Motherduckin' Todd?! Yay.

I think I may watch this series now.

Am I the only one who is unable to play the video?

Chris Pranger:

Contradiction:

Yaaaay!

As much as I love Kyle and Dan, the three of you work great together and No Right Answer wouldn't be the same without you.

Edit: You're going to be at the Escapist Expo too? Awesome!

shinsei-J:

Chris Pranger:

That's awesome congratulation, I was worried so I've been watching and waiting for your post. so here...

Your fans love you

and we're happy you're still here

This is exactly why I was so unhappy about the thought of giving up Escapist stuff. I'm just so grateful for you fans! :)

Chris Pranger:

Contradiction:

HUZZAH! I was just listening to the podcast on the way home from work. And first thing I did when I got home was check to see if you had posted any news on this. Glad you can still do stuff on the Escapist, it's some of my favorite stuff on this site.

Chris can and does make even depressing news enjoyable/fun to listen to. He's just that cool, like Firefilm's Fallout cartoon guy avatar.

There is a Cookie Monster Pariody of Call Me maybe.

http://youtu.be/-qTIGg3I5y8

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here