Trailers: The Secret World - Launch Trailer

The Secret World - Launch Trailer

From the looks of what they're fighting I'm glad that this world is a secret.

Watch Video

I wish I had a steady job and a good computer so I could play this game

I think it did its job very well. I got me very interested in the game, shame my soul is already taken with Guild Wars 2.

Speaking of which, I thought Guild Wars 2's release date trailer to be awful. It got existing fans excited but did an awful job of selling the game to new people/people who've been living under a rock. If GW2 fails me, I'll try Se Crete World.

don't start a SW vs GW2 thing because I mentioned GW2, they're both different MMOs

Looks cool. But I stay away from MMOS and their time sucking hunger.

Okay, I was on the fence for this one until that last scene.

THEY HAVE CTHULHU!?

I'm so getting this.

Captcha: no holds barred
Damn right, captcha. Damn right.

It looks so good and the lore is awesome, but the combat system is such a clusterfuck. Why is it that newer MMOs are trying to add in a combat system that people hated when it was added to Star Wars Galaxies? If I wanted to play an FPS, I'd play an FPS. MMO makers, please stop giving us FPS controls for MMO combat. It's all well and good when you're looking to headshot one guy across the room, but it's not good when you're trying to fend off a horde of mobs diving at you. I've yet to find an MMO that's trying this combat system that does't cross the line from exciting to frustrating.

Yes, I know some people love it, but it's just not for me. Which is sad because I love everything else about it. But if you hate the combat in an MMO, you're kind of screwed.

wyrmslayer1991:
Okay, I was on the fence for this one until that last scene.

THEY HAVE CTHULHU!?

I'm so getting this.

Captcha: no holds barred
Damn right, captcha. Damn right.

There is a vast plethora of Lovecraftian references in this game. Along with generous helpings of lots of ancient and contemporary myths and legends alike. (Draugr included)

I'm sort of interested... The monsters look like something out of the Cthulhu Mythos. But, if they don't have the sanity points or whatever it was, then I'll be less intrigued.

Call me when it goes free to play.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/reviews/the-secret-world

Here's a review to read, at least until Escapist gets their own review up.

faeshadow:
It looks so good and the lore is awesome, but the combat system is such a clusterfuck. Why is it that newer MMOs are trying to add in a combat system that people hated when it was added to Star Wars Galaxies? If I wanted to play an FPS, I'd play an FPS. MMO makers, please stop giving us FPS controls for MMO combat. It's all well and good when you're looking to headshot one guy across the room, but it's not good when you're trying to fend off a horde of mobs diving at you. I've yet to find an MMO that's trying this combat system that does't cross the line from exciting to frustrating.

Yes, I know some people love it, but it's just not for me. Which is sad because I love everything else about it. But if you hate the combat in an MMO, you're kind of screwed.

I am confused by this. What FPS controls? It's pretty much the standard hot bar setup.

bluepotatosack:

faeshadow:

I am confused by this. What FPS controls? It's pretty much the standard hot bar setup.

So did SW:G. Yes, there's a hotbar, but you're still forced to spin around and aim at each mob while pounding away at your keys. Which, like I said, is all well and good if you want to aim at one or two guys, but when you're bombarded by a half-dozen mobs, it's not a fun way to do combat.

faeshadow:
*snip snap*

Well, you don't have to aim at them so much as be somewhat oriented towards them. You can be facing 90 degrees away from the enemy and still attack them. And there's always PBAoE attacks.

...sigh. For a mystery-suspense-horror game, their trailer makers sure forgot that mystery generally involves NOT SHOWING THE MONSTERS ffs.

Their first couple of trailers were much better. Get those guys to redo this please.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here