The Walking Dead Episodes 1 & 2 Review

Pages PREV 1 2

First I love that you got me to play this game Due to your recommendation. But I hate that I didn't listen to your warning.

But I did encounter something odd that may be a glitch in the choices,

Shjade:

Susan Arendt:

Shjade:
Just out of curiosity, why share the trailer instead of one of your usual video reviews with the written one? Time constraints?

Basically. The combination of the Fourth of July and my impending vacation left me short on time, so the choice was review with no video or no review at all. I figured you guys would forgive me just this once. :)

But of course. ^.^

With an adventure game it's not as if a gameplay video would look all that different anyway, really, aside from maybe showing examples of the UI, so it isn't exactly a big loss for the review. ;p

I also didn't want to give away any spoilers. If you know your conversation options going in, you can't help but have an altered experience.

Case in point, I saw Episode 2 at E3 before I played Episode 1, and because I knew what was coming I made slightly different choices than I might have had I gone in completely blank.

So, yes, awesome game. It's been mentioned before.

Now, I haven't been following much of the Walking Dead comic series or television show. I read a few paragraphs about them on Wikipedia but the basic plot, at first glance, looks kind of muddy.

My question is:
How does the writing in the comic and the TV series compare to the game's? If it's anywhere NEAR as sharp, I'm sold.

DeeJayTee:
So, yes, awesome game. It's been mentioned before.

Now, I haven't been following much of the Walking Dead comic series or television show. I read a few paragraphs about them on Wikipedia but the basic plot, at first glance, looks kind of muddy.

My question is:
How does the writing in the comic and the TV series compare to the game's? If it's anywhere NEAR as sharp, I'm sold.

I've only just started the comic, so I can't comment on that much. But I honestly prefer the game to the show. I enjoy the show a great deal, don't get me wrong, but I think the game is more compelling.

Eric the Orange:
First I love that you got me to play this game Due to your recommendation. But I hate that I didn't listen to your warning.

But I did encounter something odd that may be a glitch in the choices,

Maybe. I had a similar situation, and so have a few other people, but I can't tell if it's a glitch or if we're just overestimating Kenny's appreciate of certain decisions.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here