Trailers: Total War: Rome 2 - Announcement Trailer

Total War: Rome 2 - Announcement Trailer

Rome, once again, makes itself known in the Total War franchise.

Watch Video

Um hasn't this already been posted on the site?
Either way my reaction remains unchanged:

SSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dafuq does this have to do with a strategy game?

Not really suprising but good to hear, will be watching with interest.

Wonder if the trailer means there will be more internal politics than just a loyalty score

The sequel to the best game ever. I'm excited. But a really strange trailer.

Waiting at least 6 months with buying it when it comes out. Empire was so indescribably buggy when it came out it angers me to this day.

FHG:
The sequel to the best game ever. I'm excited. But a really strange trailer.

That's what I thought... I took one look at it and my mind screamed: "Where's the gameplay my hard-on was expecting?!"

To be fair, though, having watched a couple of other teasers, I'm really curious as to how they're going to do the marine aspect.

Oohoo, this looks to be epic! I do wish it was on PS3 though. WAIT! Before everyone rushes to throw me to the lions, hear me out. I guarantee that I won't be able to run it on my PC, so why not get an RTS onto the PS3, because it's cheaper than the equivalent PC in terms of power, and, since it has USB ports, allow me to connect my mouse and keyboard, and then play from my couch?

redisforever:
Oohoo, this looks to be epic! I do wish it was on PS3 though. WAIT! Before everyone rushes to throw me to the lions, hear me out. I guarantee that I won't be able to run it on my PC, so why not get an RTS onto the PS3, because it's cheaper than the equivalent PC in terms of power, and, since it has USB ports, allow me to connect my mouse and keyboard, and then play from my couch?

Because Total War uses too many units (in the thousands with different models for a single unit) and surpasses the ability for consoles for render.

That's why.

redisforever:

It will have the same minimum specs as Shogun 2, which had similar minimum specs to Napolen, you should be able to run it, but if you can't I'm sorry, cos porting an RTS like Rome onto the PS3 is just never gonna happen.

OT:

SPQR!

I really like the total war series, but this trailer is utterly pointless. This is more a teaser for a television series if you ask me.

I hope they have vomitoriums in this one. I don't know what unit that would produce but I'm pretty sure the battlefield animations would be unforgettable;)

(Although, seriously is this all they could think up. Are we headed for Empire 2, Etc... Maybe I should just hold out for Rome: Total War 3 at this point.)

Errr, what do you think a vomitorium is?

zvate:
I hope they have vomitoriums in this one. I don't know what unit that would produce but I'm pretty sure the battlefield animations would be unforgettable;)

(Although, seriously is this all they could think up. Are we headed for Empire 2, Etc... Maybe I should just hold out for Rome: Total War 3 at this point.)

There are studid game trailers and there are trailers for games that look like an awful film/tv series.

That was the strangest piece of advertising for a game I've ever seen.

OH GOD, maybe they're goiing to add live action scenes.

Having seen this and a few bits of press releases I'm a little bit worried that they're removing the Barbarian factions. I loved the original Rome and Medieval 2 and will actually upgrade my PC to be able to play this...but only if I don't have to play as the boylovers.

wicket42:
Errr, what do you think a vomitorium is?

zvate:

projectile vomit is a completely legitimate form of attack... at least if horror films are anything to go by.

BroJing:
Having seen this and a few bits of press releases I'm a little bit worried that they're removing the Barbarian factions. I loved the original Rome and Medieval 2 and will actually upgrade my PC to be able to play this...but only if I don't have to play as the boylovers.

I don't think theres any way they could remove those factions without getting extreme backlash. I'm more worried about all this talk of simplifying and 'streamlining', which we all should know by now is developer talk for dumbing down.
Sounds like they want much smaller armies to fight, so that you feel connected to each unit. Sounds good on paper but to me that spells boring.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here