Escapist Podcast: 052: Listener Questions Round Up

052: Listener Questions Round Up

This week, we answer a number of listener questions and explain what Gymkata is.

Watch Video

You basically just described the insurance scam that was tried in Fatal Instinct (That spoof of Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct). It was something like, he has to fall from a south-bound train into an east-flowing river.

Yo! Thanks for responding to my question. Justin's scoring points by reading it on air XD

http://greywardens.com/2011/08/dragon-age-ii-how-badly-did-it-sell/

DAII sold quite a bit worse than DA:O. On consoles it was crap sales compared to DA:O throughout it's sales life, and on PC while it started off selling a lot better sales QUICKLY dropped off and DA:O's sales figures eventually surpass it.

edit

Lmao, I have a kid on the way apparently. Thanks for telling me, dear podcast people! XD

(imagine my surprise hearing that last mention...it wasn't me who sent it...damn my popularity and impostors and they seem to be procreating and multiplying too! I've been "Dreiko" since 2003 too...ah well :P)

How could anyone die on the 13th year of the decade? Is that some sort of cryptic legalese?

Does anyone know the title of the film they are talking about at the beginning of the show?

Also, I was just about to download Avernum for my iPad when I heard him mention that he had downloaded it also and it was a poor man's version of Baldur's Gate.
I used to play the old PC version of Avernum back in the day and I was pleasently surprised to see it on the App Store recently. But I think I'm going to save my money and wait for Baldur's Gate instead! I've never played it before but the game has been mentionned so many times in the podcast that I'm intrigued to finally get to play it.

It might not be the most popular thing on The Escapist (unless Yahtzee's making an appearance), but when I'm home alone you guys make me feel home not-alone. Thanks.

Umbriite:
Does anyone know the title of the film they are talking about at the beginning of the show?

Also, I was just about to download Avernum for my iPad when I heard him mention that he had downloaded it also and it was a poor man's version of Baldur's Gate.
I used to play the old PC version of Avernum back in the day and I was pleasently surprised to see it on the App Store recently. But I think I'm going to save my money and wait for Baldur's Gate instead! I've never played it before but the game has been mentionned so many times in the podcast that I'm intrigued to finally get to play it.

The movie is Double Indemnity with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck.

Steve Butts:

Quite the departure from My Three Sons and The Absent Minded Professor. I know he's just an actor but it's just weird, it was almost disturbing seeing him be such a jerk in The Appartment.

Just fyi, I know the parking lot "Bat Fight" filmed in. It is in Wilmington, NC. I think it was filmed when they were filming the first season of Eastbound and Down.

Endocrom:

Steve Butts:

Quite the departure from My Three Sons and The Absent Minded Professor. I know he's just an actor but it's just weird, it was almost disturbing seeing him be such a jerk in The Appartment.

Yeah, Fred also plays against type in The Caine Mutiny with Humphrey Bogart.

Thanks Steve!

First of all, Paul, if someone died on the thirteenth year of a certain decade, I too would give their spouse a billion dollars.
Furthermore, I'm glad that the healthy pizza news made it to the geek publications as well. It is truly proof of the greatness of science when the concept of the pizza has been improved.
Moving on, I'd like to suggest 'Stronghold: Deluxe' as an entry-level RTS, since its campaign progresses nicely and introduces the complexity little by little, with the first mission not even requiring you to fight anything, instead focusing on building up your resources. Plus it's relatively recent so that it will still run on modern computers.
And lastly, I'd like to name as a female antagonist in gaming 'The Boss' at the end of Metal 'Gear Solid Snake 3: Snake Eater', who I feel does a great job at being a powerful enemy without giving up any of her femininity.

I only have one question: when's that Downton Abbey podcast coming that you've promised?)

Well on healthiness, what did you think of the food pyramid? Anytime I want to lose weight I fallow that, and it works.

On entry level games I would suggest Kirby Adventure for platformer. Always fun, and found less difficult then Mario Brothers. Tetris for puzzle games. That's all I got.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here