Jimquisition: Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

shewolf51:

the doom cannon:

NuclearShadow:
Can you honestly repeat what you said after looking through those two lists?

That was possibly the greatest post on here.
Top games for 360: cod, halo, gears
Top games for PC: The Sims, Half life, Minecraft. Also surprised to see Guild Wars up there, which is my current favorite rpg.

The numbers speak for themselves. Console gamers like their simple, mindless run and gun (not meant as an insult, I happen to enjoy simple, mindless run and gun too). PC gamers like story and gameplay (bf2 is not run and gun just fyi)

Nice generalizing there. I'm sorry but not every console gamer is as you claim nor is very PC gamer. To pretend that one platform is better than another over a perceived generalization is pretty weak.

OT: This whole "X platform is better than Y platform" pisses me off quite honestly. Why not just appreciate each platform for its own merits? Computers have more power and versatility but consoles are cheaper and easier to use. Stop acting as if one or the other is bringing Gaming as we know it to an end.

I couldn't agree with you more friend. I always thought that you should judge PC and Consoles by how much fun (something completely subjective) you have, but no apparently fun has no place in gaming, it's all about stupid arguments and fan wank. So with fun taking a backseat in the gaming world I guess all these arguments are good for the community, I can't think of anything less fun than this. So let's band together and move gaming forward by slinging mud like bloody 8 year olds, YAY TEAM.

Hey, consolers: Why don't you spend some time looking at the steam sales coming up on the 12th?

You might understand where the value starts to kick in.

I use all systems but its just the simple truth: PC > all

shewolf51:

the doom cannon:

NuclearShadow:
Can you honestly repeat what you said after looking through those two lists?

That was possibly the greatest post on here.
Top games for 360: cod, halo, gears
Top games for PC: The Sims, Half life, Minecraft. Also surprised to see Guild Wars up there, which is my current favorite rpg.

The numbers speak for themselves. Console gamers like their simple, mindless run and gun (not meant as an insult, I happen to enjoy simple, mindless run and gun too). PC gamers like story and gameplay (bf2 is not run and gun just fyi)

Nice generalizing there. I'm sorry but not every console gamer is as you claim nor is very PC gamer. To pretend that one platform is better than another over a perceived generalization is pretty weak.

OT: This whole "X platform is better than Y platform" pisses me off quite honestly. Why not just appreciate each platform for its own merits? Computers have more power and versatility but consoles are cheaper and easier to use. Stop acting as if one or the other is bringing Gaming as we know it to an end.

Considering that consoles are the reason we don't see large graphical improvements on pc games, I think we DO have the right to say that PCs are better and we SHOULD be pushing for better consoles. Ones that play GAMES, not play movies, browse the internet, and all that extra fluff that nobody uses and is a huge money sink. We have computers for all that other stuff

gring:
Hey, consolers: Why don't you spend some time looking at the steam sales coming up on the 12th?

You might understand where the value starts to kick in.

I use all systems but its just the simple truth: PC > all

The 12th you say? I highely doubt that....12 is a multiple of 3.

I can't do anything but agree. It feels like every time I put a disc in the console and turn it on, I need to do system updates, download patches, agree to ridiculous EULA's etc. My PS3 is definitely the last console I own. Planning a decent PC build concurrently.

I am a big fan of old console games (like 16-bit old) and have been a Nintendo fan for as long as I have been playing video games. I could not care less about graphics and have very basic computer skills (I have no idea how to make GIFs or run torrent files, and have not a clue how to make a computer). I am sorry that I cannot programme a robot in my sleep nor can I hack into the government's databases like you guys can. I guess a console pleb such as I will never be as wonderful as the all-mighty PC elite. At least I can pronounce a wide range of phonemes, have knowledge in basic Welsh and Mandarin, and can read and write in Cyrillic script, Elder Futharc, Hiragana, Katakana, and basic Chinese Characters (I can roll my r's and have a basic understanding Basque and Dakota grammar). I forgot to mention that I can also draw somewhat well, so I am not a complete moron.

I have a PC that cost about 900$. No, it's not a gaming PC, it's a 3D modelling and rendering PC. I use it to make 3D animation visualizations in 3DSMax with V-Ray. Granted, my system is somewhat weak for a rendering PC, but it is more than enough to max 95% of the games I play.

Specs: GF GTX 460; 8 GB DDR3 ram; i7-2600k

Vigormortis:

canadamus_prime:
Congratulations Mr. Sterling. You've just made a video stating essentially what I've stated ON THIS FORUM several times since 2009. The only difference is that you've got your own webshow that takes inspiration from MovieBob and everyone listens to you and nobody listens to me. ...ever.

I listened, because I too often said the very things you and Mr. Sterling say on the matter. 'Course, almost no one listened to me either. Those that did often exploded into a tirade of insults and pointless banter either agreeing with me (and taking it upon themselves to berate console players. something I don't do) or disagreeing with me (and berating me for everything I said, often opposing my points with nonsense, personal insults, or strawman arguments).

Yeah that sounds a lot like my experience as well.

Vigormortis:
To be honest, I'm not even sure how it's an arguable topic anymore. Let's get real people. PCs ARE better than consoles now. That's a quantifiable FACT.

You can still prefer consoles, for any number of reasons. After all, we all like different things. I still love my old consoles. Just don't try to convince us they're better on a technical or functional level, because they're not. They don't have to be better, of course. They still play games. That's the important aspect in all of this. But it still remains that their form, function, and business model are the very definition of antiquated.

Well being the sort of person who'll game on any platform, I don't really care so long as I can enjoy the game. Which is part of the reason the whole console vs PC thing irritates me, not to mention the console wars.

I rarely see anyone hook their PC up to a TV and play it like a console, so is it hard to pull off or is it easy?

Upon reading the headline I thought to myself "gee, no kidding." I've been a PC gamer since the 386 processor. I liked consoles for what they used to be. Simple, quick and straight forward. I stopped using consoles after the Sega Genesis. My friends played the Playstations and X-Box variants and it never really appealed to me. Fast forward to present day; I now have an 8 year old daughter. So I bought an XBox 360, mostly for her, but since most of my console gaming friends have one, I also picked up Black Ops.

I utterly hate the glob of plastic that is known as a game controller. Unless you shell out the cash for a keyboard/mouse emulator, nothing will surpass a pc mouse/keyboard in an FPS. Yes, I know some console gamers are shaking mad at me saying that but it's true. Do I knock console gamers? Not in the least. I loved playing Black Ops and being able to sit on a nice comfy couch and playing on a big screen tv vs. a lame office chair as I do enough of sitting behind a bloody office chair for 40 hours a week.

Getting back to what consoles used to be; simple. What a rude awakening to see how its evolved into patches, updates, etc. The excuse for patches with pc games was; to be more compatible with multiple pc builds ....yet a PS3, Wii, or an X-Box only has one build, so why the patches (yes I know some of the answers)? More importantly what was the single most appealing factor to me for console gaming was lack of online cheating in multiplayer. That's no longer true as well.

The market for console gaming is going to have to wake up and realize that some pc-gamers, like myself and others, will probably never convert unless they at least have a built-in option for a keyboard/mouse, along with some version of cheat/hack detection. If they were to go that route, my pc gaming rig would more than likely collect dust aside from my use of it as a recording studio.

Oh and for the record I'm not implying online cheating doesn't exist in pc gaming ...that's a serious problem that will probably never go away but it's nice that some games come with something to keep most of them honest.

SonOfVoorhees:
I love Morrowind, on the xbox it was hard to get into, very hard. But the game was awesome. I love it. On PC, you mod it to death and it loses what it is. Its to easy to click god mode and the game is ruined. Not saying we would all do this, just if you replayed the same part of a game 5 times, you would click god mood just to get past that area and continue with the story. My time with Morrowind on xbox was awesome, Morrowind on the PC wasnt as interesting at all.

Ironically, it was the opposite for me. On Xbox, I used god-mode, on PC, I got the extras Bethesda made to go with the game and nothing more.
Edit:

Father Time:
I rarely see anyone hook their PC up to a TV and play it like a console, so is it hard to pull off or is it easy?

Its easy, but pointless and stupid. The aspect ratio doesn't always work very well. However, it can be done. My sister used to hook her laptop to our TV and we'd watch internet videos and such when friends came over. All that was needed was an HDMI cable. So, as I said its easy, but pointless and stupid. Also, nothing stopping you from just using a TV as your monitor... besides the near complete lack of privacy having a monitor that big would bring.

It pretty much comes down to exclusives.

Then again, I just got a ton of playtime off of the meager money I spent getting 3 months of Playstation plus.

Father Time:

If you have a modern TV and and HDMi port on your computer(fairly common now) you just plug and go.

The facebook comments on this are stupid, "you need to upgrade your PC all the time.." I haven't touched a part of my PC in almost 4 years and I am still making the most of late games like Skyrim.

PC is good for those who know how to make a PC.

I don't know how to put together a computer. I don't know which parts to order. I'm lucky that I have a brother who does know how to do that. Yes, you can say that it's easy - easy because you've done it for years. You don't have the perspective of an outsider looking in. I, as a science/medical student, could claim that doing a patient cardiovascular physical exam is easy, or taking a patient's history is easy, but that's because I've done those before - most haven't.

PCs are superior, but realize that not everyone can 1) afford one and 2) know how to put one together. Yes, a powerful gaming PC can be relatively cheap, provided you order the parts separately, and put the thing together (which takes anywhere from 3 to 9 hours, provided everything goes well). Not everyone can do that. Not everyone WANTS to do that.

I play 95% of my games on the PC - a good, decent gaming PC. But I can do that because 1) I can afford to upgrade my computer every 3 years and 2) I have a brother who can put it together for me. Not everyone does.

DalekJaas:
The facebook comments on this are stupid, "you need to upgrade your PC all the time.." I haven't touched a part of my PC in almost 4 years and I am still making the most of late games like Skyrim.

Agreed. I'm running the latest pc gaming titles (Battlefield 3, TOR) on an Intel Q9450 (core 2 quad), with a GTX 460 card with zero issues.

JET1971:

TwiZtah:

The Almighty Aardvark:

And everyone who owns a console is going to be able to find a PC at even a fraction of that value? Just a year ago I spent a couple of weeks looking on Newegg for a computer that could run most PC games and I could not find one that could run a Skyrim level game on lower settings for under $1200.

snip.

Sorry i didnt want to scroll up but I am backing you here...

less than 30 seconds at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883108938

less than 2 minutes: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883203766

Someones argument holds water like a bucket made out of window screen.

That would be the case if the minimum system requirements for Skyrim didn't require a Dual Core 2.0 GHz processor. Unfortunately I'm not to savvy with graphics cards so I really don't have a good idea on how either of those would stack up. Also keep in mind that I was buying for a laptop (I'm sorry, I don't think I mentioned this in my first post) and I was buying it a year ago. The cheapest I could find then that could run it on minimum settings were in the $1200 range.

As Shewolf pointed out, both PC and Console have good sides and bad sides. I like to use my PS3 for higher tier games like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim, because not only is there less hassle involved knowing that it will run it just fine, but I don't have to spend more than $300 or so to achieve that, regardless if the graphics or hardware are less than current. Consoles are built for convenience. If you're a hardcore gamer, most likely you'll go for a PC anyway. I use my PC for PC exclusives that interest me, or for general internet surfing.

Fighting over which is better is just plain childish.

Hazy992:

gphjr14:
If it wasn't for the cost of constantly upgrading the hardware I'd be more inclined to use my PC for gaming.

But you don't. Buy a mid range rig and it'll vastly outperform the current gen consoles

You mean, if I spend twice as much as my Xbox 360 cost six years ago on a PC now, it'll vastly outperform my six-year-old console?

You don't say!

The advantage of the console is a stationary target for developers. Early in their life cycles, what this means is getting into gaming is significantly cheaper, significantly more convenient, and "almost as good" as on dedicated PCs. Over time, the performance gap gets wider and wider, and the cost gap gets narrower and narrower. Pretending that this is a function of "this generation" instead of just "the end of this and every generation" is silly. One might argue that this generation is going on longer than most, but in response one can argue that the law of diminishing returns means that the extra CPU/GPU power available on the PC side isn't worth as much now as it was in previous generations.

For instance, comparing screenshots of modded Morrowind on the PC to the vanilla Xbox version is one thing. Comparing screenshots of modded Skyrim on the PC to the vanilla Xbox 360 version is something else. (This applies only to cosmetic mods, obviously. It is a shame that mods can't be offered as DLC. I'd buy some.)

Steam is great, but for me-- a Mac user-- the Xbox 360 is my gaming PC. It's all the Windows I have interest in.

The big thing is price. You can get a new Xbox or PS3 for around $200 (although I'm not sure on exact figures for the playstation), and then that's it. No constant upgrades to stay current (they do come out with better models, BUT your old ones still run the games so nothing's making you buy them), no hardware compatibility issues, and even after you factor in buying three more controllers if you need four of them, that's still a little less than a PC that could run anything decent, and a LOT less than a PC that's actually good.

I'm sort of in-between the issue, but maybe only because I have an ok i7Sony VAIO laptop. If I had a 2000 dollar PC than I might be more inclined to agree with Jim. Also, I don't really like going through the hassle of updating hardware.

I do love both my PS3 and my laptop though. Couch co-op games with friends is still my favorite gaming pastime although Steam still manages to rob me blind.

I've posted a couple abbreviated versions of this before, in the past year or so, and I didn't even get any hate over it.

As a general rule, when all is said and done, it is best to avoid devices where the builders limit the functionality of the device such that users can only use its computational power in certain ways, like reading Barnes and Noble products for the Nook Tablet, or playing games on the PS3 or the XBox360.

One would see that consoles are actually fine computers if you could install Windows XP or Windows 7 on them, doing everything most computers can, a little weak for playing games now but not surprising since they are several years old, but they'd both be perfectly functional and even quite good for surfing the internet, editing photos, or writing a paper--if only we could use them for that. Too bad.

Plutar:

Jim Sterling:
Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

They were cheaper, easier to use, more convenient.

Last I checked, consoles were still cheaper than gaming PC's.

However, if I used the parts used in an Xbox 360, I could stitch together the PC for about eighty bucks.

Calibanbutcher:
A shitstorm is coming.

I happen to take Jim sterling word as divine for the most part, (and no I don't drone out for people alot)

but nah. for years i looked down my nose at pc gaming, as buggie, etc, etc, you can't rent a computer game. You can steal it.

And that's really the upside of the computer, if your prepared to do something your not suppose to do, your head of the game. if your prepared to shell out for newer and newer computers every 6 months to a year, I suppose Jim is right. A Lap Top is very affordable. How ever a lap top isn't the best computer gaming experience.

Further more I've found fighting games are generally, massively on consoles. If you like first first shooters (I don't) than yes Mr Sterling Sir, you are 100 and 10 percent right. The companies I like tend to go to console gaming.

I don't see a shit storm. I just don't. I don't agree. I think he's wrong on enough things, and spun the matter using his above average skills, but I'm not going to call him a insane hippo drunk on power.

lacktheknack:

Plutar:

Jim Sterling:
Xbox 360 and PS3 Are Just Very Crap PCs

They were cheaper, easier to use, more convenient.

However, if I used the parts used in an Xbox 360, I could stitch together the PC for about eighty bucks.

and some of us aren't IT guys.In the same way a mechanic might be able to fix up a junked car to run for far less than average... we can't do what you do.

lol that smile at the end caught me offguard, never really seen him that happy

Magog1:

lacktheknack:

Plutar:

and some of us aren't IT guys.In the same way a mechanic might be able to fix up a junked car to run for far less than average... we can't do what you do.

You're implying that I built a computer with great internal knowledge on computer workings and lots of practice, rather than a couple hours of internet research.

But that's how all these arguments go, isn't it? If you're not willing to do the legwork, then stick with consoles. Don't you even THINK about telling me that your decision was objectively better, though. Doing the legwork pays off.

If I can play it on a console I will because when I put a game in my console IT WILL WORK. With the amount of DRM and random crap thats piled on to every single PC game it feels like a toss of the coin whether it will work

I love me some PC games but give me an optimized streamlined console game over a PC game that only runs when it feels like it and crashes constantly/ god knows how many compatibility problems. Each has their place in my opinion

Hazy992:
Exactly, and if it doesn't just turn down the settings a bit or upgrade and sell the old parts. Then you won't have to worry about it

Yeah, at this point I'm trying to get more friends on PC. I can now play on the couch with a controller if I so feel like it (as Jim said), so the only thing I'm missing is my buddies. Because that's the main reason I own an XBox. Because, literally, I see nothing that will benefit me in terms of continuing along the XBox route. And my PS3's mostly a BD player anyway. BD and Netflix.

1nfinite_Cros5:

That's it. Right now, that is the ONLY reason I have,

Well, there ARE some good exclusives on the consoles, I'll give 'em that.

CAPTCHA:

sky's the limit[/quote]

I won't argue personal opinion on this, but I will point out that I have trouble naming any exclusives I'm gaga about. I've never been a Halo fan, nor Resistance, MGS, or ummm...

I sorta liked Gears of War, but it's not enough to sell a unit. In fact, so many games are like it these days....

I mean, don't get me wrong. My primary platform is the 360. Most of my games are on it, and in terms of game ownership, my PC is dead last. This is not me being some blind fanboy saying exclusives on consoles suck because I'm crying sour grapes. Rather, the console exclusives haven't really hooked me in this last cycle, because most of the games I care about are multiplats. Granted, some of the PC ports suck, and for that I'm glad I got Saints Row 2 on the 360 (for example), but....I don't see that as a plus, because I've had several games that really should have had PC controls (this is hard for me, as I hate using a mouse for anything action-ish).

However, if you like 'em, I'm not saying you're wrong. They're not for me. Plus, I've spent more time this generation lamenting PC exclusives that my POS graphics card won't run. I'll fix that eventually, but I have other priorities at the moment.

Lousy priorities...*shakes fist*

Anyway, I think the main point is that the major selling point of consoles used to be simplicity. These days, they're anything but. The old "it just works" thing isn't true anymore, and you do have to run updates and deal with a closed system (so fixes take longer than they should).

As long as controllers are supported, I wouldn't mind seeing PC take over and consoles go the way of the dinosaurs.

on a further note Laptops are AWFUL for games. Mine overheats even attempting to play things like Civ V, sometimes even minecraft =/ Unless you shell out a ton of money and really know what your doing, gaming on a Laptop is going to end in frustration.

thanatos388:
Um...pcs are expensive and require upgrades to the pc itself to play new games. They are still a bigger hassle. That outweighs anything a pc can do as most gamers wont spend 15000 dollars to have higher definition graphics that add fuck all to the game itself.

You've overestimated price by a factor of 10. Also $1500 would either be a ripoff or one of the most kickass things ever. That or it'd be a laptop, one that's more than twice (or possible three times) more powerful than a console, can be used for actual real life things and is portable with the addition of a satchel.

Lets not forget the amount of money saved in the long run by using a PC. I can save $30 on a pre order for a new game compared to getting the console version from the same store. (ozgameshop.com). For games that I'm not buying on release, I could get 2-3 of them for the price of a single console game (steam). Then there's the cheap indie/classic games of which you can get 6 for the price of a single console game.

As for upgrading, I view PCs the way I view a really good jacket. After the large initial purchase it should last ~3-4 years with a little care before there's a little fraying around the edges. It should still work after more than 6 years but I wouldn't take it anywhere fancy. You can also spruce it up a bit whenever you want (this is where the jacket metaphor falls short) and extend its life. I've never had to upgrade or make notable changes on a game by game basis. If you set it up right the first time it'll be good to you for a long time.

For anyone who has the capital for a relatively large initial investment, PC gaming is the best way to go for those who play a variety of games with high frequency. For those who only pick up the occasional game every couple of months and just want to sit back once or twice a week and play games then I still feel consoles beat PCs. However as Jim was saying, consoles are losing some of that convenience advantage.

Father Time:

I did it all the time. The hardest part of it is lugging the bloody great tower from my computer room to the living room. After that I can literally just plug it in and use the TV as a monitor. If you have a console controller to plug into the PC then even more power to you.

My sister isn't a PC gamer, but I showed her Diablo 3 and got her into it. Shes playing it fine on her $450 laptop at 1366x768 and medium-high graphics with 50+ fps. AMD APU's are very nice for low budget gaming on laptops and desktops.

Depending on what you do PC gaming makes more sense to certain people. Every CS major I have meet at college has or does currently game. If you are going to need a nice computer its only an extra $150 to make it able to game great.

Console gaming being "cheaper" is kind of a bad argument though. You spend less upfront but spend more in the long run on games. With PC gaming prices actually drop on games. I have a library of games on steam worth nearly $1000 and only spent about $400 total. About $200 of it was spent on day of release games, the rest was massive sales in summer and christmas.

Long time lurker on the escapist, first time poster here.

This thread makes me laugh. The things people say that are "Flaws of PC." People who say we only like graphics and not gameplay... we have minecraft for gods sakes (But at least we have texture packs unlike the dumbed down xbox version) And even if people like graphics as their main draw to gaming, how can you question them. All of you console gamers have been saying game how you want to, what if I want to admire the best possible graphics my system can offer is that not gaming my own way?

Then theres people who say the cost is what turns them off. While PC's can be expensive (You're not playing Skyrim on medium for $200 i'm sorry but that's a lie), consoles are indefinetly more expensive. Lets take todays xbox. $200 bucks, not that bad. Until you add your hardrive (That is horribly overpriced, a 120 gb harddrive for the old 360 costed more than 100 bucks. For that same price you can get 10x the storage on pc) Xboxlive for 2 years is about $60 bucks. This is where people start going "But clippen, thats still less than a $1000 dollar PC. Yes, but you're forgetting the most important part: The Games.

Have fun with your hard copy disks that you love ever so much: They're 60 bucks. (And they rarely include what I would call manuals these days) Boxed pc games are only $50 dollars to start with, but then you forget digital distribution. Give me $100 dollars on steam and I'll buy more games then your whole xbox collection will ever encompass during steam sales. If you regulate your purchases to daily deals and seasonal sales, you'll have more games than you can handle in a decade. (Especially if you get publisher packs, where you can spend $60 bucks, the price of one new console game, to get every game a publisher has released... okay maybe not everyone but many.) "But Clippen, only old games go on sale." well... about that... Skyrim was already on sale 1 month after release for $40 bucks, wait a little longer (and finish your backlog of summer sale games) and you could have it for $28 in February.

Lastly, theres those people who say "I can't handle PC's they're too complicated" Well you know what. I recently upgraded my graphics card and power supply. You want to know how simple it is? 1: Take wires out and unscrew old components. 2: Attack wires to new components and screw in. IT's that simple. And I've had no training, no experience, nothing to prepare me for this, I'm 16. And its easier than most of my math homework. I know that's just the hardware component, but I've never faced software issues so I Don't think it would be fair for me to comment on them.

I will concede that DRM can be annoying, and really, its the PC's biggest flaw. That's undeniable.

Despite my undying support for PC, I still have all three consoles (Although the Wii is mainly for my sister, I don't "Own it." And the only reason why is because everyone I know games on there; I don't have a single PC gaming friend and I hate it. If my friends didn't have these consoles I'd toss them to the closet immediately, but I can't. It pisses me off.

clippen05:

Have fun with your hard copy disks that you love ever so much: They're 60 bucks. (And they rarely include what I would call manuals these days) Boxed pc games are only $50 dollars to start with, but then you forget digital distribution. Give me $100 dollars on steam and I'll buy more games then your whole xbox collection will ever encompass during steam sales. If you regulate your purchases to daily deals and seasonal sales, you'll have more games than you can handle in a decade. (Especially if you get publisher packs, where you can spend $60 bucks, the price of one new console game, to get every game a publisher has released... okay maybe not everyone but many.) "But Clippen, only old games go on sale." well... about that... Skyrim was already on sale 1 month after release for $40 bucks, wait a little longer (and finish your backlog of summer sale games) and you could have it for $28 in February.

Lastly, theres those people who say "I can't handle PC's they're too complicated" Well you know what. I recently upgraded my graphics card and power supply. You want to know how simple it is? 1: Take wires out and unscrew old components. 2: Attack wires to new components and screw in. IT's that simple. And I've had no training, no experience, nothing to prepare me for this, I'm 16. And its easier than most of my math homework. I know that's just the hardware component, but I've never faced software issues so I Don't think it would be fair for me to comment on them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting on the escapist forums! Blare your opinion proudly and hope that someone happens to be reading the 9th page of whatever trolling Moviebob or Jim have released this week.

Anyway the one thing that always amazes me is the vehement belief some people have that they can't fix something, especially something to do with software or hardware installation. One may not know how to reformat his or her computer but 5 minutes on google will change all that. When constructing a PC, one does not literally design and build a computer the way an engineer would. You're just following preset instructions.

Also I agree that games are cheaper on PC, unless you're an Australian call of duty fan in which case have fun paying $50 for CoD 4 on steam, $90 for MW2 and $100 for MW3. Certain publishers have caught on to the fact that they can easily charge ridiculous prices for old games on steam in Australia.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here