Unskippable: Ninja Gaiden 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Ninja Gaiden 3

If "gaiden" means "side-story", what the hell is the main story?!

Watch Video

Masashi Kishimoto called. He's worried you're exploiting the ninja mystic.

Ninjas, apparently immune to the effects of gravity.

So, instead of opting for the slightly cleaner "Send in the SAS" option, you sent a lone guy who will carve a path of destruction wider than the London Blitzkrieg? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea...

Graham_LRR:
Ninja Gaiden 3

Watch Video

Dead or Alive maybe?

Ninja, Guy, & Dan?

Oh wait, I get it. Funny guys, really funny.

Why attack London if you want a man from Japan? I don't even...

I was about to point out it is St Steven's Tower but it seems they renamed it this year. Well played.

Hyabusa Law: If you're a ninja, you can glide without needing a cape nor a scarf.

It started driving me crazy once I realized that the lady giving the briefing was Liara T'Soni. Maybe I play too much Mass Effect.

I'm more surprised that that poor guard you stabbed with a 16 storey fall's worth of force behind you had the strength to pick himself up and roll onto his stomach as if he was going to get right back up. Whatever he's getting paid... double it.

I always find it funny when games and movies feel the need to point out you're in London when you can clearly see the Houses of Parliament dominating the foreground of the shot.

So... the game opens with a series of quicktime events. A series of really freaking bizarre quicktime events. That does not help convince me that the game is worth my time.

Most emo Quick Time Event ever!

"Press /_\ to die!"

Not sure if shadow and texture glitch... or saw Giant vagina...

I feel bad for the main character's knee, as that is what 90% of the force from his fall went after he killed the guy.

Well, in the original Ninja Gaiden trilogy, the third one was also the head-scratchingly bizarre (and generally awful) one too.

Guess they're staying true to that, at least.

Ninja trumps any other job title. Except maybe orgasm donor.

"Ninja Orgasm Donor" is probably the best job title out there. Also the name of my favorite adult flick.

I just realized Ninja Orgasm Donor is N.O.D.

Brotherhood of NOD?

The Land of NOD.

NOD your head. Okay it's breaking down now.

I'm gonna NOD your head.

Physics, what's that? The game.

looks like hyabusa's been getting tips on how to fly by alex mercer...

Loved the "Elizabeth Tower" reference.

Captcha: ding a ling ... Right ... Talking 'bout a bell tower, me iz.

uguito-93:

No, no, no, silly. They're still affected by gravity.

You forgot Newton's Seventh's Law of Gravity: Forward momentum is immediately stopped without any adverse affect by jumping off of air (please see the Forty-Ninth Addendum: Double-jumping) or by hitting a person (preferably a bad guy) before you hit the ground. Upward momentum is achieved if you happen to bounce off of the bad guy's head.

This is one of the funniest videos these guys ever did! The QTE's, the nonsensical story , the remarks, it was great!
Graham: "Paul, ar eeyou seeing this, or did I eat too much ham last night?"
Paul: "I ate a lot of ham too."

ThunderCavalier:
You forgot Newton's Seventh's Law of Gravity: Forward momentum is immediately stopped without any adverse affect by jumping off of air (please see the Forty-Ninth Addendum: Double-jumping) or by hitting a person (preferably a bad guy) before you hit the ground.

That would certainly explain a lot of the leaps I've made in Assassin's Creed. Though it doesn't explain the magic hay bales.

Aptspire:
Not sure if shadow and texture glitch... or saw Giant vagina...

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

Can someone explain me this?
Is he immune to gravity because he is japanese, or is there is part in ninjitsu when you are being taught how to fly using only your power of will?

I love how terrorists in video games have moved past the whole, "take hostages and demand ransom" or "kill people to make a statement" and are now in the, "kidnap the head of one country's government and demand that a foreign government send one of their citizens over here for some obscure reason" business. Especially great that the person they're demanding is a human murder machine.

Did they just want to kill Ryu? And they couldn't go to his peaceful Japanese village and blow him up? My brain hurts now.

I completely agree on the "wing suit" comment!

Richfeet:

Graham_LRR:
Ninja Gaiden 3

Watch Video

Dead or Alive maybe?

Except! Ninja Gaiden predates DOA. So confusing.

Graham_LRR:

Richfeet:

Graham_LRR:
Ninja Gaiden 3

Watch Video

Dead or Alive maybe?

Except! Ninja Gaiden predates DOA. So confusing.

Well it isn't like he's a badass ninja every day. Being a badass ninja is probably a thursday and that's the side story we get to play. Because stuff like going to the grocery story and balancing a budget in the main part of his life are kinda lame when you're a badass ninja on thursdays.

batman doesnt need a wing suit or even his cape to fly! he is batman! gravity bends to his whim!

captcha: mister wilson :D (for whoever doesnt know thats deadpools reall name, wade wilson.)

ThunderCavalier:

uguito-93:

No, no, no, silly. They're still affected by gravity.

You forgot Newton's Seventh's Law of Gravity: Forward momentum is immediately stopped without any adverse affect by jumping off of air (please see the Forty-Ninth Addendum: Double-jumping) or by hitting a person (preferably a bad guy) before you hit the ground. Upward momentum is achieved if you happen to bounce off of the bad guy's head.

This is why we take notes in class.

The interference is so bad it's somehow messing with the overlay!

At some point in history, assassins that have a basic rule fighting as "do whatever it takes to win" or in other words fight as dirty as you can, became noble warriors and heroes...weird.

Unhappy Crow:
Hyabusa Law: If you're a ninja, you can glide without needing a cape nor a scarf.

And to think, we put all that time and money into perfecting the glide-scarf.

"I hate that tree"

For some reason I think I laughed way harder than I should have at that.

canadamus_prime:
Ninja, Guy, & Dan?

Oh wait, I get it. Funny guys, really funny.

Don't worry, it took me a while to get that too. Hell, for a moment I was thinking of THIS Guy (who IS a ninja):

And of course that means I was thinking of THIS Dan:

Of course, there are some people who'll NEVER get that... mainly because they think "gaiden" is pronounced "gay-den". -_-

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here