No Right Answer: LuthorCorp vs. Stark Industries

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stark. Don't mess with the protagonist, they'll always win. And if they don't, the fans will complain until they do.

LuthorCorp vs. Stark Industries

We here at NRA feel obligated to help rebuild the economy, and investing is always a step in the right direction. With Chris busy this week moving to Nintendoland, Dan and Kyle give you the financial advice you've come to expect from our show.

Watch Video

There must always be a Stark in the investment portfolio.

But on the other hand Lex Luther does have huuuuuuuuuge... tracts of land.

Ha, someone beat the Producer to the post.

Why LuthorCorp and not LexCorp? Seems like LexCorp would be the more prominent one in terms of earning.

What? No Wayne Enterprises? Well ok you both made some good points.

You buy when Luthor is outed as a villain, then sell when everyone forgets.

Would've been interesting to see Lexcorp and Wayne Enterprises as business rivals in the comics, actually...

But...how would any of them compare to OmniConsumer Products? They own the frickin' cops!

Oscorp is way better.

I'm going with LexCorp. Luthor may have had some PR nightmares, and he had a nice 4-year distraction as President of the US so he had to hand it to someone else, but LexCorp never was the target of a hostile (physical or financial) takeover.

Stark Industries has been attacked by terrorists multiple times (which must be hard on the bottom line), and Tony has lost control of his company on at least 2 occasions.

Stark Industry's would get my money, mostly cause i don't for get when some ones been a dick :p

quick buck? LexCorp
long term invest? Stark

Wait, wait, wait... Dan had clearly finished his beverage before the alleged spit-take.
LET'S GO TO THE TAPE!

Most adorable final word ever.

Also, Stark is going to the future. Lex is kind of like, "eeh, maybe we'll do more in tech, but let's put more effort into clones that can beat up Superman."

Luthor merged with Brainiac....Nuff said.

Wait, why no Wayne Enterprises? Last I saw in the comics, Stark Resilient looked like it was about to be crushed by Hammer Industries (in conjunction with the Mandarin) and LuthorCorp is, well, run by a sociopath. Wayne Enterprises is a pillar of Gotham City, a leader of technological and medical innovation, and sponsor of Batman, Incorporated.

I think we need to get it out of the way now so I'll say it:

Stark Industries wins because: "Lex Luthor stole 40 cakes, that's as many as 4 10s and that's terrible!"

so, as you can see . . . Stark Industries is the only way to go.

what about wayne tech? what about star labs? there are a lot of other good ones!!!

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Wait, wait, wait... Dan had clearly finished his beverage before the alleged spit-take.
LET'S GO TO THE TAPE!

Doesn't matter if it was all out of the cup, it left his mouth and he didn't drink it all.

damn, the good side eveen prevails here.

inb4: old mc luthor had a farm...

Maybe someone who's followed the comics more closely can chime in, but didn't Stark's company fail and he restarted from scratch?

Anyways, in the video was slightly backwards, you want to do as vxicepickxv mentioned above and buy when Luthor is defeated, because that's when the stock price will be low. Realistically though, Luthor's company is a resource he'd want to continue to use, so he'd have systems in place to isolate it from him and prevent the company from sinking when he does. Since the good guys generally play by the rules, they can't do anything against the company itself.

In contrast, when villains, the government, or whomever goes after Stark, his company is a prime target, thus significantly hurting the bottom line. If threats to the company weren't an issue Stark's would be the company to invest in for the long-term because of the energy tech. Can you imagine if the oil-economy were replace with the arc reactor/repulsor economy? That's HUGE business for Stark - just think of all the money "Big Oil" has today, but condensed down to 1 company.

I would be torn between Wayne Enterprises and Stark Industry - but it is a good point that was brought up about the inherent mis-management of investor funds being used to combat super-villians instead of reinvesting in the company. The draw these CEO/owners take from the company to fund their hobbies borders on grotesque in this economic climate. How many jobs could be created for the price of the Batmobile / Bat Cave or just one of Stark's offices?

Then again, I suppose they do combat super villains and protect the public... but that does no good for people living in the quiet suburbs of the midwest when all the chaos is happening in major cities on the Coasts - kinda unbalanced benefits.

If Luthor's plans fail he could always open a bakery. Dem cakes be pretty good.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand hooooooooooooooooooooo!

In other news:

Most Dissapointing Change in Comics:
The Death of Hal Jordan vs The Marraige of Spiderman

Mylinkay Asdara:
I would be torn between Wayne Enterprises and Stark Industry - but it is a good point that was brought up about the inherent mis-management of investor funds being used to combat super-villians instead of reinvesting in the company. The draw these CEO/owners take from the company to fund their hobbies borders on grotesque in this economic climate. How many jobs could be created for the price of the Batmobile / Bat Cave or just one of Stark's offices?

I would imagine that the impetus of developing tech specifically to stop super powered crazies from destroying the world/killing you would result in quite a bit of innovation. Likely there'd be things which come out of it which can be adapted to military or consumer grade tech. And if we look at someone like Bruce Wayne getting the Tumbler in the movies, he's taking stuff developed for the military which they passed on. There's really no cost to the company in that case since it's just sitting there taking up space. Plus they are usually portrayed as being the majority shareholders giving them enough clout to do damn near whatever they want, particularly when you could argue that the world ending, or Gotham falling to the criminals would be bad for business.

Vivi22:

Mylinkay Asdara:

I would imagine that the impetus of developing tech specifically to stop super powered crazies from destroying the world/killing you would result in quite a bit of innovation. Likely there'd be things which come out of it which can be adapted to military or consumer grade tech. And if we look at someone like Bruce Wayne getting the Tumbler in the movies, he's taking stuff developed for the military which they passed on. There's really no cost to the company in that case since it's just sitting there taking up space. Plus they are usually portrayed as being the majority shareholders giving them enough clout to do damn near whatever they want, particularly when you could argue that the world ending, or Gotham falling to the criminals would be bad for business.

Granted, but who picks up the tab for property destruction and the collateral damage that results from the epic battles with their nemesis and the high speed chases and explosions? There would have to be a lot of growth from the super-villian fighting sector to offset those costs I would think.

I think Stark, LuthorCorp and Wayne Enterprises are all bad long term deals. If their CEO dies the company will crash and burn and all of their CEO's might die. In those terms, I'd definitely go for Luthorcorp because Luthor will always be around and he's associated as a businessman whereas they might do character shake up things with Stark, make him poor etc... Actually they'd be more likely to kill off Luthor. Hmm...

"There's way too many ostriches running around."

That should've been quote of the week since it resulted in the best spit-take DQ ever. :D

I'm no expert but what about Wayne Industries?

I gonna go with Wayne industries because according to Batman Beyond it's still a monstrously powerful company years and years from now, I don't know of any grantee that Stark or Lex are gonna be around that long.

First some nerd rage

It's LexCorp not LuthorCorp

Second some Investment rage

Sale when Luthor is loved and buy when he's hated.

If you want to make money go with LexCorp
If you want to invest for the future of humanity Stark Industries

I personally go with Goldstar Inc/ Booster Gold International.

I would have to go with Wayne Industries because.....Batman. The best reasoning for anything ever.

nuff said

Yeah, seriously! It's LexCorp. "luthorcorp" was what smallville tv show used instead. Dan is about to lose some money. Some serious shenanigans with this episode. Sounds like a rough week for all with them moving around though and I think his son was an apology so we'll take it I guess. : )
Also, what did Kyle say before the intro?

I would also have taken, Wayne Enterprises, OsCorp, Ferris Aircraft, Rich Enterprises (richie rich is a comic), Fantastic Enterprises, (all newspapers, daily planet, daily bugle; but they are bad investments).

Anyway, thanks for doing the show each week. Really enjoy it.

On the Lexcorp side, there's the fact that their CEO occasionally goes out on bouts of supervillainy, which causes huge PR problems. Also of note is that compared to stark, his escapades are really expensive, meaning they can't be bought with his salary, and must instead be payed for from Lexcorps profit, diminishing it significantly.

Stark industries on the other hand, has a superhero for a CEO, which can give them a great PR. In comparison, Iron man is sturdy enough to stay intact and the armor, while still expensive, could be made with Tony's salary. This leaves stark industries all of it's money to use seizing the ever growing power demand.

Wayne Enterprises Could probably afford to buy out both Stark & LexCorp without flinching.

And the evil was crushed yet again :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or