No Right Answer: LuthorCorp vs. Stark Industries

Pages PREV 1 2

iamscottevil:
Yeah, seriously! It's LexCorp. "luthorcorp" was what smallville tv show used instead. Dan is about to lose some money. Some serious shenanigans with this episode. Sounds like a rough week for all with them moving around though and I think his son was an apology so we'll take it I guess. : )
Also, what did Kyle say before the intro?

I would also have taken, Wayne Enterprises, OsCorp, Ferris Aircraft, Rich Enterprises (richie rich is a comic), Fantastic Enterprises, (all newspapers, daily planet, daily bugle; but they are bad investments).

Anyway, thanks for doing the show each week. Really enjoy it.

Thanks for your understanding. Truth be told, Nintendo waited till the last minute to let us know what was going on, so this episode was kinda rushed per our normal timelines. That being said, I am glad that LuthorCorp came from somewhere (the TV show) and not just a non-existant mistake that I made.

Hope we didn't loose you as a viewer, and yes, my son's weapons-grade cuteness was an apology. Did it work?

I'd just like to say thank God that Chris isn't leaving the show. It wouldn't be the same without him.

"in Oregon"
Hopefully, that's a reference to what I think it is.

Easy decision, always go with the villain. Why? Because good guys like Tony always has to deal with super-villains doing things like wrecking their buildings, killing their employees, trying to kill the hero himself, etc. There's no way one can be secure knowing their money is being invested into a company that might get blown to bits next issue.

Villains on the other hand don't have to worry about such things since while we do have heroes that will do things like break in for a dramatic entrance, they always try to leave the employees and property alone. Sure you'll have to worry about the CEO eventually do something stupid and evil but it always takes a long time to get caught, and they never seem to stay in jail for long before going back to running their successful businesses.

TL-DR: Lex all the way!

RTR:
"in Oregon"

Well, Kyle and I (Dan) live in Oregon, and Chris drives down to film with us, so that's why he said it. Out of curiosity, what were you hoping we were referring to?

BrotherRool:
I think Stark, LuthorCorp and Wayne Enterprises are all bad long term deals. If their CEO dies the company will crash and burn and all of their CEO's might die. In those terms, I'd definitely go for Luthorcorp because Luthor will always be around and he's associated as a businessman whereas they might do character shake up things with Stark, make him poor etc... Actually they'd be more likely to kill off Luthor. Hmm...

Bull... It's been established that Wayne industry can survive without Bruce. The company last until he became as an adult. It also lasted and remain as leader after he retired (Batman beyond).

Bad side to lexcorp: lunitic CEO having no compunction against using threats, extortion, or "accidents" in order to control the shareholder vote. I guess you'd be safe with non voting shares, but given Lex's cheese slips off the cracker regularly, I wouldn't risk it. also now we need moviebob to go into Lex Luther in the90s for a comics are weird episode 'cause I'm not touching that.

Stark: the only thing that crashes more than is company is Tony himself. Purposesly holds back sellable tech out of ethical concerns. Good business, but problematic for the stock market.

Yeah, my vote for Waynetech.

For everyone who says Lex never deals with people attacking his buildings, it happens a lot. Whenever Gorilla Grodd or Joker feels slighted, they blow up an "underused Lexcorp lab", a Luther News Network station, or even his corporate jet (which was divebombed by a suicide bomber gorilla. Really).

Firefilm:

RTR:
"in Oregon"

Well, Kyle and I (Dan) live in Oregon, and Chris drives down to film with us, so that's why he said it. Out of curiosity, what were you hoping we were referring to?

The original phrase is "in England". It' a LRR inside joke.

Easily Lex. If it were not for Superman's existence, Lex Luthor and his company would be Superman (albeit less good). Stark Industries has less adversity to overcome and still manages to accomplish roughly the same.

Easily the funniest spit-take DQ ever! I was wondering how long it would be before the spit-take decides one of these debates.

Looking forward to the next episode

Lex contingencies involve attacks perpetrated by a man of steel. Stark contingencies involve attacks by the fiery embodiment of all life everywhere. Stark thinks bigger. Therefore Stark wins.

I think what Dan's son was trying to say at the end was "Win Kyle". He knew what just went down. And sounded pretty happy about it.

idodo35:
what about wayne tech? what about star labs? there are a lot of other good ones!!!

Hmm... You make a good point. It appears that there is no right answer to this question.

I'd invest in Stark Industries only because i don't have the time to Day trade LuthorCorp.

Otherwise LuthorCorp would be more profitable. Just have to keep an eye out for when Superman busts his ass XD

What about Wayne Enterprises? They've been consistently good recently, even while Bruce had vanished for years on end doing his Batman thing the company just kept chugging along. I think it would be safe to go with Wayne Enterprises, although I've not read the comics, so if anyone has any information on why this might be a bad idea, let me know so I don't blow my billions of imaginary dollars on a hopeless cause.

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Apparently Wayne Enterprises bought out LexrCorp when their assets were liquidated.

(From Wikipedia)

"Wayne Technologies, also known as WayneTech, is the biggest division of Wayne Enterprises. It is involved in the retrieval and research of alien technology. Its main rival was LexCorp before its assets were liquidated and Wayne bought them out. The subsidiary is sometimes used by Batman as a means to acquire new technologies, or to use the medical facilities."

So, Stark kinda wins by default anyway because LexCorp doesn't exist any more, it's part of Wayne Enterprises, now. Interesting.

Scars Unseen:

idodo35:
what about wayne tech? what about star labs? there are a lot of other good ones!!!

Hmm... You make a good point. It appears that there is no right answer to this question.

ooooooooooooooh i see what u did there...

How were the guys beaten to the first post? O_o

Also in Iron Man 2 Stark says Stark Industries stock has never been higher so his change in direction must be doing something right.

Don't judge me for knowing that, I only watched it the other day

See I like Stark Industries because they're a Defense contractor. In the movies and at times in the comics they switch focus to energy. They have a clear defined product.

Lexcorp makes 'science' or something with the occasional land acquisition of volcanic islands. Wayne Industries makes whatever helps batman advance the plot.

at the end

So cute

Congrats Dan, Kyle had me with the ostriches. And a goodlooking son

Akisa:

BrotherRool:
I think Stark, LuthorCorp and Wayne Enterprises are all bad long term deals. If their CEO dies the company will crash and burn and all of their CEO's might die. In those terms, I'd definitely go for Luthorcorp because Luthor will always be around and he's associated as a businessman whereas they might do character shake up things with Stark, make him poor etc... Actually they'd be more likely to kill off Luthor. Hmm...

Bull... It's been established that Wayne industry can survive without Bruce. The company last until he became as an adult. It also lasted and remain as leader after he retired (Batman beyond).

I was wondering if Beyond might do something like that. Hmmm. I think Waynecorp wins then it's proven to succeed in all sorts of industries and it's success isn't based of the work Wayne puts in, in fact it's often in spite of it when you think about it, whereas Stark Industries basically sells whatever the Starks invent and eventually that dynasty will die out and the company will fall (I bet canon contradicts me though :D) plus I still think fall of Stark Industries is the sort of interesting character arc that must tempt writers from time to time, whereas I don't think destruction of Wayne Enterprises would be the same.

And I don't know, I imagine Luthor is the sort of guy who'd make sure to rip his company apart if it was ever going to become non-useful to him. Is there any canon thing about a Luthorcorp after Luthor?

Rand Industries.
Owned by the marvelous Iron Fist.
It's funded by mystical magic gold.

WEEEKAA.

Best quote of the week.

The baby is soooo cute.

Okay, I know it's not a comic book company, but as far as fictional companies go... Massive Dynamic! That company is boss, and they keep everything so classified that the public wouldn't even know if there was a massive disaster in a lab or something.
And I'm so disappointed that LexCorp didn't win, because the point about Stark radically changing his company's direction on a whim was a very good one, and is exactly why investing in the company of someone as eccentric as Tony Stark would be a terrible idea.

Quote from the first Iron Man movie:
"Look, that's a weapons company that doesn't make weapons!"
- Mad Money.

OT:I would say Stark Industries because they're making an alternative fuel source, which in the end will sell like hotcakes. Not to mention the flying cars. (He did say just a few years.)

Off-topic: Perhaps the next episode should be "Worst Comic Ever" (I.E., One More Day)

WELCOME TO MICROSOFT LAND!! Err, Nintendoland. Wait, Seattle SuperSonics?
Anyway, great video. My money is on Stark, can't touch that reactor.

Also, the traffic is awesome here. Silly n00bs.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here