Miracle of Sound: DNA (Prometheus)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

DNA (Prometheus)

There are some places, we should not go.

Watch Video

Well I think I can safely say that nobody saw this coming.
And I think you're at your best when you make sci-fi related songs, since my favorite's are The New Black and Gold and Crucible. But I can't say this is your best song, for me. Not at all. Though this does make me ponder what other moves you might make songs of. Think of the possibilities!

Yeah we got a nice bit of Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails influence there I think! Was not expecting a song about Prometheus, are we going to be expecting film based songs now or is this a one off?

Love it.

It's too short dammit!

MiracleOfSound:

And I'm sad to say I think 'DNA' was one of them.

A song not about a video game? What is this bullshit!?

--

Kidding, I liked it.

oh no! he found ways to sing about other media!

we are doomed! DOOMED i say!
its a pleasant suprise..

Awesome!
I have to admit, I haven't really enjoyed your last couple of songs, but now you're back to being amazing again.

Love it, the beginning buildup might be too long for some, but I think it worked well, a grand display of Gavin's musical talent!

Well, did not see this coming.

But I absolutely loved it, one of your best songs in my opinion, although that's probably just due to my genre preference.
An amazing song for a mediocre movie.

The graphics on that game are amazing!

Oh wait...

I got this in the level 2 album off the band camp on tuesday (i think) and i enjoyed it but couldn't think what game you were going to put with it. I log in today and pleasantly surprised to see it uploaded!

Awesome work as usual please keep up the superb work!!

Nice to see Gav branching out and trying different things. I don't think anyone saw this coming, and it was certainly a pleasent surprise. Do you intend to do more movie-songs in the future, Gav?

JokerboyJordan:

But I absolutely loved it, one of your best songs in my opinion, although that's probably just due to my genre preference.
An amazing song for a mediocre movie.

Cheers! This song is going to divide opinion I am sure. The people who enjoy industrial NIN type music will enjoy it but it may be too noisy and structurally out-there for most.

DavidTheWise:
the beginning buildup might be too long for some,

It may well be... I imagine the same kind of people who felt the beginning build up to the actual film was too long lol

bigfatcarp93:
Nice to see Gav branching out and trying different things. I don't think anyone saw this coming, and it was certainly a pleasent surprise. Do you intend to do more movie-songs in the future, Gav?

Absolutely! Movies are just as rich with great stories as games, just sadly not as often these days

DVS BSTrD:
It's too short dammit!

MiracleOfSound:

And I'm sad to say I think 'DNA' was one of them.

I'm open to criticism, feel free to let me know why!

Gotta say, this was a surprise - not a bad one, mind. While it's not my favourite type of music I'm certainly not averse to the occasional bit of industrial and dub, and it's perfect for the creepy atmosphere of the subject matter... at least that's what I hear. Damn it, why do I have to wait for this movie until August 9th?!!
Anyway, another job well done, Gav, and you constantly surprise us all. Keeps the love fresh, you know. :D

A very nice surprise. I liked this movie and I feel this is the perfect song to go with it. It sounds just like you'd expect it to, to be honest. In no way a bad thing, and I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Though I do wonder if the reason you made this is partly because bugger all is coming out on the gaming front. I mean, the next game I'm aware of is Sleeping Dogs, and that's in August.

Calumon: Maybe he just liked the movie? :S

Mediocre movie, mediocre song. I always find that Miracle of Sound' songs are a hit and miss. Not his fault though, just my very narrow taste in music. Moar guitars next week please. :P

Edit: I felt like I should clarify a bit why I did not enjoy this song. So here goes.
It's not so much that I felt like the song itself was bad, but it did not fit Prometheus very much. The high notes felt like it was more at place with a child based horror movie. Like Chuckie, or the Shining (with the scary twin girls) or heck, maybe even The Grudge.

Prometheus in itself was NOT a scary movie, it was more action/adventure than a straight up thriller/horror. Just because it has a disgusting surgery scene and some random phallus shaped monsters, that doesn't make it scary.

I love the idea of Miracle of Sound making songs based on movies, but this song just does not fit Prometheus. If I were to make a soundtrack to this movie, it would be more uptempo, faster paced, since Prometheus has so many different small plot points and a lot is just rushed for explanation's sake or not explained at all. The movie starts up slow, and then rolls downhill like a raging mountain river in the last hour to get everything out of the way. I feel like a song should reflect this.

Loved it, despite not seeing Prometheus, as I do love me some Nine Inch Nails, and anything like it. But this will definitely divide opinion.

Terrible film, good song.

Next time do a good film and make an AMAZING song!

Another of many to come "LE GASP!" posts. While i liked it a lot and im good with seeing some songs from other things, i hope the focus remains on games.

Is this going to be on level 2 because this song is awesome. Was defiantly supriesd to see a song about a movie you should try to do one more often to add something new to the setup like a movie song once a month

Great movie but im not the biggest fan of this style of song.

Okay, I didn't think I could have another favorite, but this one proved me wrong. Damn, I loved it! Well done, Gav.

Lyrically it was very well crafted, and I especially liked the slow build up, and had the song been about 5 minutes long it would have been great. As it stands it covers more than a third, maybe even half of the songs runtime and so it feels like it stops as soon as it gets started.

Is there a reason the main part of the song is so short? I think even if it had just repeated a little bit more it would have felt more satisfying to me, as I feel like I don't have enough time to enjoy it.

Edit: Also, more layered vocals please.

I loved it! If this is reminiscent of NiN, as people are saying, then I should definitely look up some of their songs. A new favourite for sure!

xplosive59:
Yeah we got a nice bit of Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails influence there I think! Was not expecting a song about Prometheus, are we going to be expecting film based songs now or is this a one off?

Love it.

So THAT'S why I thought it sounded familiar! Yeah, more movie songs please, but don't give up on the games.

Elmoth:
Well I think I can safely say that nobody saw this coming.
And I think you're at your best when you make sci-fi related songs, since my favorite's are The New Black and Gold and Crucible.

You said it. Gavin's best work is based around sci-fi, when it's not a joke song like "Shooter Guy". Keep 'em coming, man!

The Human Torch:

The movie starts up slow, and then rolls downhill like a raging mountain river in the last hour to get everything out of the way. I feel like a song should reflect this.

Fine if you don't like it, but I would just like to point out, this is exactly what the song does. the first 1:55 of the song is a slow intro, and then it's much more up-tempo and layered.

Well...that was different. I'm sure if it's good or bad, mainly tainted by my profound disatisfaction with the movie itself. On the musical merits alone I love this NIN sound. I'd love to hear more songs in this vein, it's a realm worth exploring.

Chairman Miaow:

The Human Torch:

The movie starts up slow, and then rolls downhill like a raging mountain river in the last hour to get everything out of the way. I feel like a song should reflect this.

Fine if you don't like it, but I would just like to point out, this is exactly what the song does. the first 1:55 of the song is a slow intro, and then it's much more up-tempo and layered.

True, but I was aiming for something even faster. Sorry, I should have made that more obvious in my initial post.

MiracleOfSound:
DNA (Prometheus)

Watch Video

Well... I didn't see this coming at all. Uh Gav, maybe you're been working a little too hard lately, you know this was a movie right, not a game? :D

Alright, all jokes aside I rather liked this with only one or two compliants about it. To me it just felt like the build up was a bit too long and that this was waaay too short.

Still, another favorite and looks like I'll buy this when Level 2 comes out to itunes and to me this was the best part of that whole crappy movie.

Didn`t expect this, but sounded quite nice nonetheless.
Haven`t watched the movie, so can`t really comment on stuff regards to that.

Gav since you're into movies now. You should totally make a song about Drive. You'd become my hero. Well, not really but you'd still be pretty high on the awesome chart.

Well that was all kinds of awesome, and thankfully you didn't have kids saying the beginning and ending parts, that would've been creepy as fuck.

Very Girl With The Dragon Tattoo-esque, and I really like it.

I now have a new favorite! :D

So, when does this become an official trailer for the movie?

Wow, that game looks so photo-realistic, but what's the game play like? Tell me we can romance Charlize Theron's character ;) [Which would make an actual tie in game more interesting that the inevitable shooter we would get.]

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here