Trailers: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Girl Power Trailer

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Girl Power Trailer

The women of Tekken dress almost too conservatively.

Watch Video

Loved the models they chose for Xiaoyu and Asuka!

Also I hope this topic remains free of feminists.

I don't know anything about Tekken at all but I really did notice that the characters all dress much less ridiculously than the ones in Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur. Clothes that look like a woman might actually wear them, although not while fighting...

Well, that's all I got out of this video.

one game i do enjoy. shame its not available for pc.

agree with flunk. at least they are not under dressed.

Aaaaaand cue tits and ass. Gee, they're really marketing this to a diverse demographic, aren't they. Sheesh. I'm a heterosexual man and I'M offended by this trailer.

Tippy:

I hope this topic remains free of feminists.

Aww, does female objection to objectification ruin your fun?

I loved the first Tag Tournament, so I can't wait to get my hands on this one. I wish the trailer had shown more gameplay though.

Erja_Perttu:

Tippy:

Ruin my fun? Hardly since most of them seem to miss the point of the game itself, nor are they interested. The point this particular game is mastering every character's ability sets, adapting to their strengths/weaknesses and beating your friends (or getting beaten) in arcades or at home. To further stress my point, most fans of this game (and most fans of the fighting arcade game genre) will almost NEVER say "oooh I'll pick her because I can see up her skirt!". That's just a stereotype created by non-fans (and straw feminists) who think we're only playing these games for the pretty girls (now THAT would be objectification)...and it couldn't be further from the truth. No, fans will most likely be found saying "well she's got a pretty ridiculous combo so I'm picking her". See the difference? We don't CARE how much clothing the damn girl/guy is wearing, only how effective they are at fighting.

So when people barge in saying "booooo that lady's showing too much skin and those aren't clothes they would wear in an actual fighting tournament if such a thing were to happen in real life!" I can't help but heave a massive sigh and assume the game itself has flown over their heads, they're not even interested in the game, they're just looking for SOMETHING to latch onto and bang their attention-seeking gong.

Aaron Kuehmichel:
Aaaaaand cue tits and ass. Gee, they're really marketing this to a diverse demographic, aren't they. Sheesh. I'm a heterosexual man and I'M offended by this trailer.

...like this person.

Tippy:

Erja_Perttu:

Tippy:

Ruin my fun? Hardly since most of them seem to miss the point of the game itself, nor are they interested. The point this particular game is mastering every character's ability sets, adapting to their strengths/weaknesses and beating your friends (or getting beaten) in arcades or at home. To further stress my point, most fans of this game (and most fans of the fighting arcade game genre) will almost NEVER say "oooh I'll pick her because I can see up her skirt!". That's just a stereotype created by non-fans (and straw feminists) who think we're only playing these games for the pretty girls (now THAT would be objectification)...and it couldn't be further from the truth. No, fans will most likely be found saying "well she's got a pretty ridiculous combo so I'm picking her". See the difference? We don't CARE how much clothing the damn girl/guy is wearing, only how effective they are at fighting.

So when people barge in saying "booooo that lady's showing too much skin and those aren't clothes they would wear in an actual fighting tournament if such a thing were to happen in real life!" I can't help but heave a massive sigh and assume the game itself has flown over their heads, they're not even interested in the game, they're just looking for SOMETHING to latch onto and bang their attention-seeking gong.

Aaron Kuehmichel:

...like this person.

Huh. That's a way longer answer than I thought that teasing little comment was going to get.

I'm want to pull you up on something - You keep using the words 'we' and 'fans'. Fair enough, I get that a lot of people, probably the majority, will not pick up this game based on the fact it features pretty, jiggly women. But some will, and that's who this advertisement is aimed at. That's what I'm not keen on.

One of things I always enjoyed about Tekken is that it isn't Dead or Alive, it's not Soul Caliber with Ivy plastered on the front wearing some string and wishful thinking; it's main draw is the mechanics, nice graphics and that I can beat people up as a dinosaur or a robot. That freakin' rocks - and I don't think it should need to sell itself like this.

If what you say is true, that people don't pick this game up because Woo! Hot chicks! This advertisement wouldn't have been made, nor would it result in any extra sales. But is has, and it will.

Plus you can't say a trailer that's two part wiggling, posing and dressing to one part gameplay isn't objectification.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here