Building Planes

Building Planes

Constructing airports isn't easy, even in After Effects.

Read Full Article

Five years ago, I began drawing a 32x32 pixel, four second animation of a guy, who is mostly just sitting there. One of these days I may finish it.

Kudos on your discipline and workflow. :)

Next challenge for James. Throw the magic card out the window and into a hat outside at the door. Without looking ofc. ;)

Bummer at the end when they could've sent you the assets, but you know what? I think we can call it: "It was worth the work put into it." Cause the video was very well made and as you said, they liked it as well. =)

That is a rather impressive piece even if it weren't so time restricted.

Seeing as it was though, dang. That's some fine work.

Does it tempt you to make an 8bit video series? ;)

Wow, I distinctly remember thinking "This must have taken the whole week more to make..." while watching this week's episode, I'm kinda amazed they did it in under 48 hours.

Also, respect to that card toss...

I'm not sure if it would have worked for this animation style, but I do believe there is a quick/dirty method in After Effects to linking a motion with a waveform so that a mouth can move as the waveform peaks. I haven't used it personally, so I'm not 100% on the specifics.

Wow. Lots of work went into that. Impressive.

Still think it's the worst episode you've ever done comedy wise, but impressive none the less.

Rakor:

It kinda does...

Why are there adverts on this? And why do i have to enter in my date of birth just to view said f***ing advert?

On the plus side, it's great to see the work that went into that one. Well done Graham!

Hope you guys got some sleep afterwords...

Graham_LRR:

Rakor:

It kinda does...

Not that you guys don't already have enough on your plates with all the series you do, but I'd really be interested to see what y'all would be able do when you're entirely freed from things like props, settings, anatomy etc. and are presumably only restricted by time and your imaginations.

Anyway, mad props to Graham and Kathleen for the awesome animation! Although clearly the MVP award for this week goes to James for all of his contributions.

Frozengale:
Still think it's the worst episode you've ever done comedy wise, but impressive none the less.

Indeed, but that's more to do with a different script writer, so the humor was not what you (or I) expected.

Still really from the art side, amazing work and in such a short time.

Graham, Kathleen... That was TRULY amazing. I am so impressed... And I'm not normally impressed when other's do their job's well because like... It's their thing.

But this was entirely out of you comfort zone and your animations were stunning quality, even if I have never played the game and allll of the references went miles above my head.

[/sycophantic drivel]

Yay! Loading time is back! It's always awesome to see you guys work.

Also, I really liked the final video. Kudos on you guys finishing the entire video in a few days.

I can't believe how quickly you did this. This was one of the best lookin' LRR's ever :D and you manged to do it in a weekend??

BrotherRool:
I can't believe how quickly you did this. This was one of the best lookin' LRR's ever :D and you manged to do it in a weekend??

Saturday afternoon, and then from noon to about 2:00 am on Sunday.

Great job on this week video the animation was splendid. Also nice toss James

I think magic card tossing should be an Olympic sport. we need a james montage now!

Graham_LRR:

Rakor:

It kinda does...

Might as well put all those character presets to use. Give you time to do things on the weekend again.

Graham_LRR:

Rakor:

It kinda does...

Purely hypothetical, but what would you make an 8-bit video series of? Like something from a specific game or just like, commodore hustle....but in 8-bit. Mmmm, the tempting possibilities.

Wow, James is really good at card tossing. Like damn.

DVS BSTrD:
Might as well put all those character presets to use. Give you time to do things on the weekend again.

You mean other than already making LRR videos? Because I think I'd rather have them continue to do that and have personal lives. Mustn't burn them out because we wants them to make videos forever, preciousss...

"Sorry, we're unable to play this episode."

Multiple times, multiple browsers, even rebooted once.

Oh, of course, the error only shows up AFTER the ad. The ad I see. Even though I'm a subscriber and in theory shouldn't see ads before videos. Yeah. That ad.

Sad panda.

The escapist doesn't host the video, and therefore doesn't have any sa on whether it has ads. It's an embed from here (direct link to the video -- it may work for you better than the embed).

So what we can take from this is that James is either a really well disguised Gambit, or stole Gambit's card throwing skills.

I love seeing how things like this are made and it's even better that you were learning parts as you went along, I'm impressed and quite inspired.

We have reached a cruising altitude of 3 mega-dittos.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here