Movie Trailers: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Nurse Scene

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Nurse Scene

These nurses seem to have forgotten about the Hippocratic Oath.

Watch Video

Wow ... that looks ... pretty terrible XD

I think I'm one of the few people the liked the silent hill movie (up until Christabella and the cult I problem with it). I'm optimistic about the sequel but these nurses lost a lot of the creepiness factor they had in the original.

What is this....

....I don't even...

Avoiding this movie like the plague then, looks like a rent on a terrible movie night.

what is this, an asylum movie?

Huge nerd moment here but...

I don't understand why both Silent Hill directors felt compelled to slut up the nurses (oh wait, boobs sell tickets). That was only done in SH2 because of James.

Another thing, why are the nurses always lumped together in huge groups? Silent Hill is all about the loneliness and isolation.

I want to be hopeful for this movie but after this scene... *sigh*

"WE NEED A KNIFE!!!"

I don't know why but that line just made me go:

I'll never look at a nurse the same

DAMMIT. I want to watch this video, but I hate it when ads are enforced. I can't ever make it through b/c my video player is f-ed up or something. It always freezes couple seconds in (about 4 seconds); same with youtube, but in 4 seconds, they usually give you option to click skip button. Once video starts I can drag click to get it moving every 4 seconds. GAHHH

(inb4 personal problems)

Is that...John Snow?

*looks up imdb*

It is!! And guess what? Sean Bean's in it too!

Why is this in the movie? Oh, that's right... tits and bondage!

... so yeah, that looked stupid enough to kill a decent amount of my braincells. I'm one of those who liked the first Silent Hill movie but this thing I'm steering way clear of. Those nurses completely lost the creepy factor of the original.

after the countless problems with the first movie, (the cult, the fatherless child, the accusations of being a witch, Sean Bean showing up in an empty town to name a few) I'm really not (oh and the worst of all PYRAMID HEAD showing up even though neither character had any emotional problems stemming from held back aggression goddamnit) too excited about this one . . . but, I've been so jaded by all the sequals that were FAR less than I could have desired, (Silent Hill Homecoming, STAY IN THAT FUCKING CORNER) I'm almost ready to watch this one just on the miniscule respect the series still has because of the original trilogy of games.

Heather doesn't even look scared...

Soooo why should I?

Hell, the nurse scene in the first movie was more intense than this.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to see it before I make any final judgements.

EDIT:

Just looked it up on IMDB. Sean Bean is the lead in this which makes me happy, but he's cast as "Harry Mason / Christopher DaSilva"

I know the first movie threw out the Masons, but now... I'm just confused...

... and mildly intrigued, I admit it.

So, is it the "in thing" to say the movie is stupid from the scene?

I don't care for the nurses again, but the scene wasn't bad. In fact, if you pay attention you'd realize they are inserting many elements of the games into it. "We need a knife." because it's emulating the puzzle sequences of the games.

I'll stick to this but with movies

Feels Saw-Like somehow.

nexus:
So, is it the "in thing" to say the movie is stupid from the scene?

I don't care for the nurses again, but the scene wasn't bad. In fact, if you pay attention you'd realize they are inserting many elements of the games into it. "We need a knife." because it's emulating the puzzle sequences of the games.

I think it's the 'in thing' to say the scene is stupid because the scene is stupid. The acting is crap, the nurses has been turned into... whatever they are now, which isn't anywhere near the creepy and tense creatures they were in the previous film. The writing is apparently also a result of significant hypoxia as the characters are generally making very stupid decisions.

As for saying the movie as a whole is stupid? No, it's not that easily judged all the way south from this short scene, but it's quite indicative though. We know at least those two minutes are horribad and unless someone decided to cut out the only two horrible minutes of the movie and post them online, chances are the rest of the movie isn't likely to be Oscar material.

I like the first movie....but the tone of that trailer was.....different. It looks..lower budget? I dunno, it looked like a different movie.

There was no tension at all. You got a good long look at the nurses in bright lighting, nothing was HAPPENING and the nurses just kind of stood there, the guy wasn't scared and just kind of sat there, Heather wasn't scared. There was nothing scary about it.

I don't want to see this because I know it will probably be bad, but I can't say no to Sean Bean.

Ok so I know nothing about Silent Hill, but from what I could gather from that scene the nurses only responded to sound. Now, if I can figure that out in 6 seconds of watching this clip (and pardon the following caps) WHY THE FUCK CANT THESE IDIOTS FIGURE IT OUT, AND WHY DOES EVERYTHING THEY DO RESULT IN UNGODLY AMOUNTS OF UNNECESSARY NOISE?

Ok rant over. Seriously horror movies are treating the viewer like even more of brainless dolts then they have in the past. This isn't scary, it just makes people sit there saying what is that moron doing? Then either laugh or applaud when someone dies doing something stupid. Gone are the days when running up the stairs to avoid a killer (really? limit your escape options by going up? ugh) was the pinacle of stupidy. Maybe someday we will see a smart horror movie.

Deviate:
I think it's the 'in thing' to say the scene is stupid because the scene is stupid. The acting is crap, the nurses has been turned into... whatever they are now, which isn't anywhere near the creepy and tense creatures they were in the previous film. The writing is apparently also a result of significant hypoxia as the characters are generally making very stupid decisions.

As for saying the movie as a whole is stupid? No, it's not that easily judged all the way south from this short scene, but it's quite indicative though. We know at least those two minutes are horribad and unless someone decided to cut out the only two horrible minutes of the movie and post them online, chances are the rest of the movie isn't likely to be Oscar material.

I don't think the acting is crap, I believe it is awkward because we don't know the actual feel of the movie. I mean it's not even a trailer, it's just a scene rip and that is awkward on it's own. The setting is bizarre, again the nurses are not exactly a fan favorite and it sets a negative tone. But really, Silent Hill is bizarre, and it's know for it's emotional disconnect in powerful and frightening scenes.

Personally, I don't think "Heather" in this scene has bad acting, I think it's possible her role is to be intentionally "disconnected", similar to the Silent Hill games. They are literally in another dimension, their personal hell, or in a dream state. So that could be what they are trying to go for here, and what we are seeing.

nexus:

Deviate:
Snip for brevity.

I don't think the acting is crap, I believe it is awkward because we don't know the actual feel of the movie. I mean it's not even a trailer, it's just a scene rip and that is awkward on it's own. The setting is bizarre, again the nurses are not exactly a fan favorite and it sets a negative tone. But really, Silent Hill is bizarre, and it's know for it's emotional disconnect in powerful and frightening scenes.

Personally, I don't think "Heather" in this scene has bad acting, I think it's possible her role is to be intentionally "disconnected", similar to the Silent Hill games. They are literally in another dimension, their personal hell, or in a dream state. So that could be what they are trying to go for here, and what we are seeing.

Pro tip: When you have to invent all kinds of excuses like "intentionally disconnected", "dream state", "emotional disconnect in powerful and frightening scenes" (what powerful and frightening scenes, by the way? The one we were shown was neither powerful nor frightening) to explain why the acting was shit, without there being any indication of that being the case... well, then it's crap acting. There may be a hundred different reasons -why- it's crap acting, like crap directing or writing, but in the end the result is the same.

The really sad thing is that even if the acting was excusable, everything else isn't. The presentation of the nurses, the blithering idiot moves by the characters and by extension the writing, the lighting, the editing...

It's all utter shite. Two minutes of sub-meh performance in every single respect. This does not bode well for the movie at all. You may disagree all you want, but read through this thread and you'll see that for the very most part you'll find few compatriots to share your optimism with.

Eh, it looks alright I guess. This is coming from the guy who liked Silent Hill 4 more than 1-3 and thought Homecoming's combat system was superior to Downpour's. So sue me, I guess.

ciancon:
Is that...John Snow?

*looks up imdb*

It is!! And guess what? Sean Bean's in it too!

Somehow, I would find it both ironic and amusing if Kit Harrington (Jon Snow)'s character ends up being beheaded by Sean Bean's character in this.

He should know the penalty for deserting the Night's Watch.

Oh boy... sexy demon nurses... again.

Either they're pandering to Silent Hill 2 fans {"Look! Just like the Nurses in Silent Hill 2!"} or big fucking tits just sell better... seriously. I actually enjoyed the Silent Hill movie, even though there are a few gripes (Look! Pyramid Head for no reason!), but I was hoping for more from the sequel.

I guess that was expecting too much. Still, I liked the first movie. But I'll be waiting for this to hit DVD.

Captcha: Tower of Strength

Why yes! I most certainly am. Thank you, Captcha!

I want to say... Why?

This why comes from many different angles. I will review them thusly:

1. Why were we shown a full scene from a movie? And had it posted under trailers?
2. Why did they include nurses in the second movie other than the fact that its T&A to get people to come see it?
3. Why is there a "guy" here? Heather didn't have a "guy" help her in the game. (Okay, she did, but he was much older and didn't really help that much. This looks to be a "guy" that will romance said protagonist and or be killed in the end.)
4. Why, if this was to "entice" us to go see the movie, did the scene stop before anything interesting happened?
5. The scenery looks cool. This isn't a why, I just thought I'd pay it a compliment.

(I would say 3 is the most important one. Disregard the others if you wish.)

God, this looks bad. Amazingly so. They removed all idea of horror from Silent Hill for what, fan pandering?

I enjoyed the first movie, and will probably watch this too. The acting is never gonna be great, but then, I can't remember the last film that I thought had good acting in it - it's really more a visual thing with the first film. I thought it captured the atmosphere pretty well - and Silent Hill is more atmosphere than fear.

Actually, I watched Lockout yesterday on Netflix, with Joseph Gilgun (was in This is England) - and thought his performance was amazing... he plays a psychotic Scotsman better than any psychotic Scotsman I've ever met. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts showing up more and more. IMO he's about the best young British actor we've seen for a while.

Heather seems to be well casted and styled, at least in terms of looks. No idea who that guy is, but I thought this sequel also features James, right? If it does, I guess it'll finally make sense for the booby nurses to be there (not that I mind their presence ^^). Does that mean Revelation will be a mash-up of 2 and 3?
It's kind of hard to evaluate the movie based on this short scene. There were over-the-top action scenes in the first one as well, but it also had quiet, moody or slow scenes and (overall) I liked it. No idea whether this one will work out, though.
By the way SPOILERS, but Cheryl grew up to be Heather in the games. Now, if SPOILERS Sharon from the first movie (pretty much Cheryl except in name and in the identity of her parents) ended up trapped in the fog world/dead along with her adoptive mother, how could she grow up into Heather?

So is John Snow going to be Sean Bean's bastard in this movie?

It's odd how after all these years no one's been able to even match the creep factor of the first 3 games. Now was the original Team Silent really that genius, or is everybody else who tried their hand at this franchise just really that inept? ...Probably both.

What the f**k was that? I was looking forward to this movie before I saw that scene, the first film missed the point of Silent Hill a fair amount in the second half but I still enjoyed it in a B-movie horror kind of way, but this looks so far off the point I'm embarrassed for it.

Silent Hill is not an action series. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that if there are more than two monsters in the room with you in Silent Hill then YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!

that "we need a knife" line made me laugh pretty good

Deviate:

nexus:

Deviate:
Snip for brevity.

Pro tip: When you have to invent all kinds of excuses like "intentionally disconnected", "dream state", "emotional disconnect in powerful and frightening scenes" (what powerful and frightening scenes, by the way? The one we were shown was neither powerful nor frightening) to explain why the acting was shit, without there being any indication of that being the case... well, then it's crap acting. There may be a hundred different reasons -why- it's crap acting, like crap directing or writing, but in the end the result is the same.

The really sad thing is that even if the acting was excusable, everything else isn't. The presentation of the nurses, the blithering idiot moves by the characters and by extension the writing, the lighting, the editing...

It's all utter shite. Two minutes of sub-meh performance in every single respect. This does not bode well for the movie at all. You may disagree all you want, but read through this thread and you'll see that for the very most part you'll find few compatriots to share your optimism with.

I'm sorry, I'm really sorry but I do think a lot of folks are being entirely too nit picky about this scene, and damning a movie for a whopping minute and thirty or so seconds?

What are the problems exactly? The nurses aren't really any different than they were in the first movie. That whole jerky movement thing, reacting to noise instead of light this time. The characters are well, panicky. People do stupid shit when they're in stressful situations.

I'm not seeing the apparent horrible acting either. What I'm seeing is a couple of minutes completely disconnected from the tone and stuff of the rest of the movie. It's hard for that to work well on it's own, being watched via browser. Sort of silly, never got the whole showing a singular scene in a movie. Give us a good trailer. I'd wait for a trailer.

Believe me, I'm not a Silent Hill fan boy. I might've been at one time but Konami took my inner fanboy out back and shot it in the fucking face. Many times over at this point. I just feel we're too quick to utterly disregard the benefit of the doubt these days. I for one am at least optimistic about the casting, bunch of solid actors. Also the people behind this have stated that it's 99% practical effects work, with very little cg. That's good news in my book.

Screw everything else that's wrong with this scene... what the hell have they done to Vincent?

Skeleon:
Heather seems to be well casted and styled, at least in terms of looks. No idea who that guy is...

It's supposed to be Vincent. But in Silent Hill 3 it was heavily implied that Vincent didn't even see the otherworld as Heather did. Just like Dahlia in the first movie, another interesting character has been stripped of everything that makes them great.

Looks to me like the Silent Hill movies are going the way of the Resident Evil movies.

Mikkaddo:
(oh and the worst of all PYRAMID HEAD showing up even though neither character had any emotional problems stemming from held back aggression goddamnit)

So, what you are saying is that you are ignoring the fact that the "Silent Hill" in the first movie was the creation of Alessa, who I am sure has plenty of pent up and held-back aggression among the rest of her problems?
And the fact that several silent hill game stories have revolved around cults?
Or not to mention that there is a "fatherless baby" (though there is technically 2) in the original Silent Hill, who goes on to be in Silent Hill 3?

Not saying that the movie wasn't bad. The father character was force-fed down the directors throat because the moneybags thought that the movie wouldn't be good unless you had some main men in there too. Yet for some of its issues, I overlooked them because I felt the atmosphere was its biggest point, and in the end made me forget about some of the dumber or silly things in the movie.

And like others have said, the scene itself just feels awkward because there is zero context, zero idea of who and what and why its all really happening, and just the fact that its a scene ripped out and being tossed around like a trailer when its clearly not.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here