Re-Bat

Pages PREV 1 2

rickynumber24:

Realitycrash:

Soviet Heavy:
Why not make Batman Beyond?

A great idea! However, it is questionable if the audience will "get" it, i.e the ones that haven't seen Batman Beyond before.

What do they have to "get", exactly? I suppose those of us who have seen it would find it annoying if they rehashed the story in the premiere of Batman Beyond, but the series has a setup that has plenty of potential.

Also, up until the end of Rises, I have always thought that the Nolanverse made enormous amounts of sense simply as the a prequel setting to Beyond...

Edit: After reading the comments on the actual review, apparently there is a script out there for another Batman Beyond movie already.

I think that the general public, unaware of Batman Beyond, will see it as a needless moneygrab, and that they won't understand the new villains, etc. Then again, I still hope they make it.

I'd love to see a Robin film, provided it was handled right.

MovieBob:
Re-Bat

MovieBob lists off a few ways Warner Bros could relaunch the next Batman.

Read Full Article

Don't read this article, huge spoiler on 2nd page Robin section.

I like the idea of the Justice League leadups just leaving out Batman, and then this new actor in a Batman suit just shows up and it's like, "'Sup. I'm Batman. If you don't already know who I am you've been living under a rock for the last 20 years, and it's none of your damn business where I've been all this time."

That's the benefit of being a big-name superhero, or for that matter a famous character in general. You don't need to rehash his origin story every single time; everyone already knows the big stuff and can pick up the rest as they go along. That's why Arkham Asylum worked so well.

I like how Grant Morrison characterized Batman in the current comics, which is how they should do the next round of Bat-flicks. No more paranoid nutjob grouch, but CRAZY-prepared for every eventuality. Scary to his enemies, loyal to his friends, because he allows himself to have friends. He's the friend you can rely on, a father-figure, and a leader of men. Of BATMEN!!!

Personally I think a batman beyond movie would do well with todays audience, and you know what I'm just a greedy person that just wants hollywood to give me what I want. Also for villians Blight or spellbinder would be awesome.

Bob knows that by saying "No, this isn't a spoiler!" actually makes something a spoiler, right? He's drawn attention to the fact that what he's saying could provide information or insight regarding the plot of a movie, when it previously could have been interpreted as being a statement regarding the fact that this was only supposed to be a trilogy. He may just be the dumbest man I've ever found on a serious gaming/movie website.

Soviet Heavy:
Why not make Batman Beyond?

This. Free of nagging continuity threads and a fresh new character to explore along with much more of an authentic 'aged veteran' Bruce than that Howard Hughes impression he was doing in Rises. My chief word of warning for that would be how tough it is to make a futuristic city and high school culture without being either silly looking or quickly dated. Most movies can't even get present-day school culture down pat.

As for Bob's TV suggestion, we do have this on the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Batman

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here