Movie Trailers: The Man with the Iron Fists - Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Man with the Iron Fists - Trailer

From the creators of Hostel and the Wu-Tang Clan.

Watch Video

Quinten Tarentino? Yay!
Eli Roth? Boo.
Rza? Wait... He writes stuff?

Russel Crowe and Lucy Liu... Huh.

Also, it seems the "man with the iron fists" plays a rather small role in the trailer. If his role is that big in the movie, why name the movie after him?

I'm putting this on "maybe" for now.

This look interesting to say the least. It's definitely something I would watch if I'm going to the cinema any time soon.

More (apparently) mindless stuff from Quinten Tarentino? I think I'll be seeing this when it comes out - fun to watch when I don't wanna think too much. :p

Shadowsetzer:
More (apparently) mindless stuff from Quinten Tarentino? I think I'll be seeing this when it comes out - fun to watch when I don't wanna think too much. :p

It's not from Tarentino, he's simply endorsing it.

At the very least I doubt I'll be bored if I go see this and that's a solid start.

I wondered what Batista has been up to recently.
So did Lucy Lui... set-up a fighting tournament to choose a husband or something?

mindlesspuppet:

Shadowsetzer:

It's not from Tarentino, he's simply endorsing it.

Like that's not enough of a down side.

DVS BSTrD:
I wondered what Batista has been up to recently.
So is Lucy Lui... setting a fight tournament to choose a husband or something?

If that's not what this is it needs to be made, now.

Haha.

OT:

YUS!

I love mindless hyperaction films. Not seen one in a while, this should sate the thirst... for a while.

tehweave:
Quinten Tarentino? Yay!
Eli Roth? Boo.

Also, it seems the "man with the iron fists" plays a rather small role in the trailer. If his role is that big in the movie, why name the movie after him?

Yeah, he wrote one of my favorite movies. It's not one of my favorites for any other reason than it's so avant-garde in it's use of stereotypical Jersey City style gangsters mixed with it's inclusion of the man out of his time trope. That movie is Ghostdog: Way of the Samurai. He is great at these types of movies.

This kind of reminds me of Smoking Aces for some reason, mostly because I couldn't tell who I was suppose to be rooting for in that trailer either.

tehweave:
Quinten Tarentino? Yay!
Eli Roth? Boo.

That was pretty much my exact reaction right there.

What also throws me off that even with Tarantino and Roth on board, this is being directed by RZA, on top of being co-written by one of the worst dialogue writers in this history of film (Roth) and merely produced by one of the best (Tarantino).

This whole production confuses the shit out of me.

I might not go to the premiere for this one, but I could certainly stand to watch it on Netflix or as a matinee. I think I'm way more excited by the trailer than I should be.

... To me it sounds like someone took this TF2 weapon and made a movie around it... Not really that interested

Well, Im sold. Ill add this to my list...

As much as I love anything that Tarentino creates or endorses, I'm very cautious about this one. Who the hell is RZA And why should I care?

doggie015:
... To me it sounds like someone took this TF2 weapon and made a movie around it... Not really that interested

Actually i think its something to do with this.

Or maybe its just shit.

Waaghpowa:
As much as I love anything that Tarentino creates or endorses, I'm very cautious about this one. Who the hell is RZA And why should I care?

He's a member of the Wu Tang Clan. Might be before your time.

Regardless I'll watch it, don't expect A+ acting but mindless violence.

gphjr14:

Waaghpowa:

Not before my time, I just don't follow rap music. At all.

Waaghpowa:

gphjr14:

Waaghpowa:

Not before my time, I just don't follow rap music. At all.

Fair enough he was mostly popular in the early to mid 90's

The trailer contradicts the title. It starts off Iron Fisty, then goes Super Smash Bros and then has The Thing at the end. I'm slightly confused.

i asked to myself "wtf is this" until they said "....and the wu tang clan."

and suddenly, everything made sense.

Presented by Quentin Tarantino could mean as little as 'he liked it enough to put his name on it'. He probably had nothing to do with it's creation. Still, looks like fun, will keep an eye out for it.

The movie could be pretty good, but that trailer was pretty awful. The trailer gave me little explanation about what the film's about, and the way it was choppily edited to hide the (supposedly) explicit violence made the trailer frustrating to watch.

"They put the F-U in Kung Fu!"

That made me cringe.

I'm still sold on the entertainment value though.

Baresark:
That movie is Ghostdog: Way of the Samurai.

One of my favorite movies ever.

*Remembers the scene where a random mugger gets round-house kicked in the face*

Guns, sex, and violence? + kung fu?
Cool. Enjoyable B-movie.

This looks so awesome!!!
The perfect movie = sit thight, no need to think, beautiful women and awesome fight scenes!

what........

Looks bloody awful. Doesn't look like even the "dumb fun" defence can save it. Then again, Inglorious Basterds was made to look like a dumb action movie in the trailer. Then again, this still looks bloody awful.

When's Django Unchained due?

Baresark:

tehweave:
Quinten Tarentino? Yay!
Eli Roth? Boo.

Yeah, he wrote one of my favorite movies. It's not one of my favorites for any other reason than it's so avant-garde in it's use of stereotypical Jersey City style gangsters mixed with it's inclusion of the man out of his time trope. That movie is Ghostdog: Way of the Samurai. He is great at these types of movies.

Yes, Ghostdog was awesome. I haven't seen that in ages...

TO NETFLIX!

maninahat:
Looks bloody awful. Doesn't look like even the "dumb fun" defence can save it. Then again, Inglorious Basterds was made to look like a dumb action movie in the trailer. Then again, this still looks bloody awful.

I was thinking the same thing, the trailer didn't do any favors for this film. It looks cheap and cheesy.

Maybe if it actually was Iron Fist, I'd go see it.

hooksashands:
"They put the F-U in Kung Fu!"

That made me cringe.

I got a good laugh out of it. By the time that flashed on the screen, it was more than clear that this movie is meant to have a bit of camp to it.

What has Quentin Tarantino to do with this movie? He has not directed it, nor written the screenplay.
Also, it looks pretty cool, but I have never heard of this Rza director before, and the fact that he's the man behind Hostel is a big deterrent.

tehweave:

I've seen a lot of people state that they feel a little confusion over the trailer. I'm not here to tell you that you're wrong to be confused (generally, a hipster-douchebag thing to do). However, I will offer my insight as a fan of old, kung fu films (hereafter referred to as Chop-socky).

RZA (and Tarantino) are both definite fans of chop socky films. To me, and other people familiar with the genre, the trailers reminds me a lot of tournament-style storylines found in this time. These usually depict a main hero and main antagonist with a huge cast of other notable characters (typically having a unique weapon, martial arts style, or appearance). In these movies, the multitude of characters are usually a frenetic way to explore various stylistic and cinematic themes as a sort of "B" story to the headlining act.

To me, the over-the-top weaponry and large cadre of martial artists remind me of movies like the Master of the Flying Guillotine (wiki link below for the plot synopsis and cast of characters, in case anyone is interested).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_the_Flying_Guillotine

As someone who knows what homages the director seems to be leaning towards, I'm really excited to see this. I predict that "outsiders" (who are in the majority) will have the same reaction as they would to a 70's kung fu flick. Either they'll think it's great, over-the-top fun...or cheesy and stupid.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here