Movie Trailers: REC 3: Genesis - Trailer

REC 3: Genesis - Trailer

I hope that this doesn't affect their marriage.

Watch Video

This is just God-awful. The whole point of REC was in how realistic it was, depicting an entirely believable scenario.

These are getting further and further away from what made the original great. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually but I'll be in no hurry and it'll be on netflix.

Saw neither Rec 1 nor 2, but this looks like just another basic zombie slaughter ride. Nothing to care about, really. I kind of like the medieval armor but otherwise this really leaves me cold, to be honest.

Looks fucking goofy, but I have to applaud it for being centred around newly weds. No where near enough stories do that, preferring obligatory love interests and insta-romances.

I don't understand why people don't think to use newly weds more often; it immediately provides characters with a back story, and makes them instantly sympathetic. It seems like the perfect set up for horror/action/thriller movies.

Then again, they could just fuck it up like Pirates of the caribbean 3.

Zombie marriages are an abomination against god and undermine the sanctity of this hallowed institution. God says so (by which I mean it's mentioned by someone in the bible) so you can't judge me!

/sarcasm

maninahat:
Looks fucking goofy, but I have to applaud it for being centred around newly weds. No where near enough stories do that, preferring obligatory love interests and insta-romances.

I don't understand why people don't think to use newly weds more often; it immediately provides characters with a back story, and makes them instantly sympathetic. It seems like the perfect set up for horror/action/thriller movies.

Then again, they could just fuck it up like Pirates of the caribbean 3.

Well there is the fairy tail tradition in storytelling: Damsel in distress marries the handsome prince and they all lived happily ever after. Basically marriage is where the story is supposed to end. Not to mention that's how it's regarded socially. Once you get married your life is over. And all the little girls are raised to believe that marriage is their goal in life.

I knew there was going to be a third installment with the way REC 2 ended but I just have to ask... why?

I actually thought REC 2 was pretty good, even if it deviated a bit from REC, but this looks...eh...well, I guess it could still be enjoyable.

So If she has to save her husbands life by cutting of his head and wearing him on her hip we could rename this Lollipop Chainsaw the movie.

I can never take zombie films seriously

Hmm, it looks very different to the original two which were brilliant, but the second one got a bit stupid towards the end, although it was still scary as shit.

I don't really know what to think about this...
I hope its as scary as the first two at least, then it will be certainly worth watching.

I'm not sure what to think with this one. I didn't care for two at all, after really enjoying the first, but there were some interesting things about it, being in the same building, continuing the event from the first movie, being still touched down, and grounded even with the reveal. This third one though, seems to be a different event? and looks like they're going a little over the top, could be interesting if they have it become a series where each movie takes a few things from different horror sub genres or styles.

The first was more of a zombie movie. Trapped in a house with an infection which kills and then turns the infected into the living dead, the living dead trying to kill the living. The second they shook things up a bit, brought in a group of special police armed to deal with the threat, and then changed the threat, taking cues more from movies like Dog Soldiers. Now the third perhaps going a bit more over the top super gore, to the point of near comedy, like Tokyo Gore Police maybe? Would be interesting, I guess.

I.Muir:

Did you watch the first REC, though? There is an outbreak of a type of human rabies virus in an isolated building in Barcelona. The virus spreads through saliva and makes its carriers aggressive, but does not give super-human strength or anything unrealistic. There is a reporter trapped in the house, scared out of her wits and trying to get out, despite the house being placed under quarantine.

Don Reba:

I.Muir:

Did you watch the first REC, though? There is an outbreak of a type of human rabies virus in an isolated building in Barcelona. The virus spreads through saliva and makes its carriers aggressive, but does not give super-human strength or anything unrealistic. There is a reporter trapped in the house, scared out of her wits and trying to get out, despite the house being placed under quarantine.

It's not the pseudo science behind the zombie premise although for resident evil it was
Umbrella corp is the dumbest company ever, it's like it exists to screw up and cause zombies or something
It's a little hard to describe but I kind of find normal people going aggro with chainsaws and other things kind of funny

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of this, interesting premise, but looks a tad too campy... Just hope this one won't be filled with religious hogwash like REC 2.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here