No Right Answer: Best Batman Villain Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Batman Villain Ever

Let's face it; Batman is never as fascinating as his antagonists. Arguably the best rogues gallery in existence, which villain stands out on top?

Watch Video

Thank you for picking the Riddler as even an option. He is unfairly overlooked all the time. Remind me to get you guys some cookies if I ever see you.

Richard Moll was The Riddler in the other stuff!

Win!

my vote is for temple fugate the clock king or perhaps good old joe chill. clock king for style, joe chill (or lew moxin if you remember the silver age) for damaging batman more than any other villian ever could.

1: Thanks for avoiding the obvious choice and explaining it to the viewers. It's not going to shut some people up, but still...

2: The Riddler did in fact reform. Kinda. I'm not sure if it stuck, and even if it did, if it endured the reboot, but it did last surprisingly long.

3: I would have loved to have seen Nolan's take on the Riddler.

Good episode.

I also love how they are rocking the Marvel glasses while talking DC characters.

I'm sorry but i have to say Mr. Freeze from Batman the animated series was the best villain besides joker.

Please we all know The Batman character Neil Patrick Harris was born to play is Robin.
And yes you should have Chris.

Raz, The Penguin, and Bane are all better Batman villains than Two-Face or The Riddler.

While Batman does have a nice collection of enemies, it is pretty hard to pick any that haven't been mentioned already without getting at least a bit weird. Generally the most memorable villains have either reformed for at least a short period of time, or are too odd to reform.

Lear'sFool:

Win!

You mean Two Face, but yes it was Richard Moll. This guy wins the secret prize!

You guys get better every week. You know your audience, you've gotten down your timing, and you've definitely grasped control of your own show.

Regarding this show:

Batman has always been his own worse enemy. He's created more super villains than any other supper hero I can think of, and other than locking them up he's never directly destroyed a villain. Batman has never been the cure, but he has always been able to manage the diseases he comes up against.

Nolan's Batman universe has always been more grounded than the others. Some characters really can't come into play in their more colorful (and sometimes alternative) forms. However, any number of super villains would have been great to bring into this Batman universe with some adjustments. The Riddler would have been interesting, but it probably would have come off more as a Die Hard With A Vengeance than a Batman movie. And, the worse thing about the Riddler is he kind of lacks a real motive, and maybe that's the biggest riddle of all.

I knew the answer before the graphic came up. It's Bull from Night Court! (I bet Harry Anderson would have made a solid Batman villain. Who would he play? Harry Anderson)

I say Mr.Freeze.

Why? Because Mr.Freeze is doing it all for his Terminally Ill Wife, Nora. Which, while it may not fight Batmans brain as much as Riddler does, does test his Morality. The only reason he's fighting him is because of HOW he's going about it.

I mean really, what's harder for Batman to do? Slap some guy whose leaving mind teases around Gotham or take down a Scientist whose only doing this because HE'S TRYING TO SAVE HIS WIFE!

I think that the Riddler would have been perfect for a Nolanverse batman movie but I don't think he would be epic enough after the Dark Knight. If they did do the impossible and made a forth film, I think he would have a great villain with how the movie ended.

Good idea not talking about the Joker. Definitely made for a more interesting debate.

I too would've liked to see Nolan's take on the Riddler. Actually...I would've liked to see Nolan's take on a LOT of the Batmanverse. I wonder how he would've done Harley Quinn with that version of the Joker?

ravenshrike:
Raz, The Penguin, and Bane are all better Batman villains than Two-Face or The Riddler.

Penguin is up there, but Bane? Really? He's one of the most boring one dimensional characters in all of comic book villainy. A pale skinned hulk with out the Hulk's quirky sense of humor or any type of connectable personality. Yes he broke Batman's back but otherwise he's almost as bad as Kite man and Crazy Quilt.

IDK why 2-face is in this argument... It should have been the Penguin vs the Riddler.

Not to enrage all the Riddler fans out there buuuuuut the Riddler is just a watered down Joker... Just as the Puzzler was just a watered down Riddler.

neil patrick harris would be EPIC as the riddler

As always, the answer is Dr Amanda Waller. I prefer to think of her more as a patriot rather than a villain though...

I'm also very fond of Preston Payne as Clayface and of course Deadshot...but we all know Deadshot pulls his shots around Batman.

Lear'sFool:

Win!

Wink!

Well that was an easy choice for me. Two-face is my second favourite Batman villain after Joker.

Mojo_22:

Lear'sFool:

Win!

No he doesn't, it comes up saying it's Richard Moll in the video after they ask :P

Could have still gone for a cop out and chosen Harley Quinn. Unless you made a stipulation that you can't discuss Joker in the debate, which would remove Harleys motivation.

Catwoman probably would have taken it too, though she is perhaps more of an anti-hero.

demalo:

Batman has always been his own worse enemy. He's created more super villains than any other super hero I can think of, and other than locking them up he's never directly destroyed a villain. Batman has never been the cure, but he has always been able to manage the diseases he comes up against.

Though it would have been kind of a cop-out, saying Batman is his own worst enemy would have been a likely win as well. Because yeah...you look at the entire continuity, Batman really does a lot of counter-productive things.

porpoise hork:
Penguin is up there, but Bane? Really? He's one of the most boring one dimensional characters in all of comic book villainy. A pale skinned hulk with out the Hulk's quirky sense of humor or any type of connectable personality. Yes he broke Batman's back but otherwise he's almost as bad as Kite man and Crazy Quilt.

Bane is one of the few Batman villains to ever defeat Batman physically as well as mentally, and he's one of the Bat's smartest opponents. He's not just another buff thug.

ravenshrike:

Scarecrow?

octafish:
As always, the answer is Dr Amanda Waller. I prefer to think of her more as a patriot rather than a villain though...

Marsha Warfield would ROCK that character!

I was sad that the riddler wasn't in the last badman movie myself. still can't understand why one would choose bane over riddler.

misterprickly:

octafish:

First Bull, now Roz? What's next? John Larroquette playing Mirror Master?

Fifth season of The Batman, yes I know.

Jason Todd.
I declare myself Victor.

Really? No love for Ra's al Ghul? He's a great character and a great villain.

octafish:

misterprickly:
[quote="octafish" post="6.383140.15153197"]As always, the answer is Dr Amanda Waller. I prefer to think of her more as a patriot rather than a villain though...

Larroquette would have make a kick-ass 2-face!
Honourable Dan / Sleazy Dan... You know I'm right.

Kungfu_Teddybear:
Well that was an easy choice for me. Two-face is my second favourite Batman villain after Joker.

Mojo_22:

Lear'sFool:

Win!

No he doesn't, it comes up saying it's Richard Moll in the video after they ask :P

Oops, didn't see that part, my bad then I guess.

misterprickly:

octafish:

misterprickly:
[quote="octafish" post="6.383140.15153197"]As always, the answer is Dr Amanda Waller. I prefer to think of her more as a patriot rather than a villain though...

Larroquette would have make a kick-ass 2-face!
Honourable Dan / Sleazy Dan... You know I'm right.

This is now officially a thread about Night Court.
So here we go with the Wheelers...

Chris Walken?
ooooo-kay.......

Oh come on! While you did win with Riddler but if you're going to pick Riddler motivation why not the animated series? I mean he was supersmart guy in this company which the boss had fired him despite it was thank to him who did all the work and yet he didn't get paid more for that. We can relate what it's like to being appreciated and maybe being rip off (since the boss pretty much took his work).

Crimson_Dragoon:
Really? No love for Ra's al Ghul? He's a great character and a great villain.

That's just I was thinking. He is Batman gone to the extreme.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here