Movie Trailers: Mass Effect: Paragon Lost - Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mass Effect: Paragon Lost - Trailer

The prequel to the fantabulous Mass Effect 3 is making its way to you.

Watch Video

It's...a cartoon?
Sorry, was caught off guard. Expected this to be DLC, even with the very obvious "Movie Trailers" tag.

Ease up there Keith, you'll hurt yourself with that terrible dialogue...now put on these sunglasses...

God... several times I've watched that trailer now... AND IT STILL SOUNDS SO HORRIBLE! It just doesn't improve.

Also, I didn't think Vega could look any more generic than he already did. Seriously... I swear I've seen that exact same character in some other anime as a background or minor character...

As much as I love anime, some things just don't work with the art style. Like, did anyone see how they drew the krogans? Pretty plain thus it brings me to wonder why are the krogans bad in this movie? In ME3 I befriended them and Wrex was the best guy around- but all well.

Overall, this may be an okay movie but I just feel like they're trying to hard to reach out or be 'special'. This movie makes me wonder why Bioware approved of it. For Dead Space the anime style worked because of the plot and how they drew the necromorphs, but this? .. Not enough detail is put into those krogans.

Normally I can say "well, I'd probably hate it as a show, but I love anime-style drawings so much that I may watch it for an eye-gasm".

Can't even say that about this.

It looks like utter shit.

Looks alright. I might watch it when it comes out.

Wow... that was underwhelming.

When will they learn that the anime style just doesn't work with the Mass Effect universe? First that Liara statue abomination and now this. The two styles are just at odds with each other.

Oh, and the Krogan looks like absolute shit. At least, I think they were Krogan...

If Shepard ever said: "Nothing is ever simple," it was not in a dramatic way, probably more of an off-hand sarcastic mark at his/her current situation. Damn, lame dialogue is lame.

cursedseishi:
Also, I didn't think Vega could look any more generic than he already did. Seriously... I swear I've seen that exact same character in some other anime as a background or minor character...

Woah, wait what? That was VEGA?

That was physically painful to watch.

"Or die trying"

Really? Could it be more generic and uninspired? It is clear that Star Wars writer aren't exactly trying nowadays but...

Also what was up with those krogans? Sharp, long teeth? Was it full moon or something? Has anyone seen a krogan like this in game?

Well which Clone Wars did these guys do? The first one? If they did then I will buy this movie like five times. That Clone Wars show was essentially Samurai Jack with Lightsabers.

The amount of suck emanating from that trailer was amazing.

ravenshrike:

The music was amazing.... what? there was something ELSE worth MENTIONING!?

I concur this trailer SUCKED, in fact if it sucked any harder it'd cause a Gravitational singularity

FantomOmega:

ravenshrike:

I concur this trailer SUCKED, in fact if it sucked any harder it'd cause a Gravitational singularity

I'm sorry, the images raping my visual cortex caused me to ignore the music. I'll listen to it without watching it.
Music wasn't bad, not spectacular, but not bad either.

Just looks like the Dead space animes where basically EVERYONE DIES! Seriously that's really all it can be. Oh special forces making a last stand. Yep, all those characters are just going to be cannon fodder getting picked off one by one all in the name of commander shepard.

ravenshrike:

FantomOmega:

ravenshrike:

I'm sorry, the images raping my visual cortex caused me to ignore the music. I'll listen to it without watching it.
Music wasn't bad, not spectacular, but not bad either.

Well, if you were in a desert without water for days and saw a muddy puddle of filthy water you'd declare it the best tasting water in the world! The music stood out because everything else was BAD which wasn't that good to begin with.

I was comparing the music to the visuals so the word "amazing" was used a "tad" sarcastically... like comparing pig shit to cow dung and asking someone which one is "better" to accidentally step in....

Why. Just... Why? Why does this need to exist? Bioware, you dun goofed in letting this happen.

Only one thing can be said about this....

So many questions....

Why is that guy wearing glasses?
Was this before in vitro correction?
And why is Keith David doing a bad Ron Perlman impression?

I don't like this cheapish sort of animation, it makes cuts in the wrong places in my opinion; beyond that, SHITE KROGAN.

Not enough?
MEH

Apparently the movie is about Vega's squad / mission and... we already know what happened there since he tells you. He had to make a hard call, people died, the mission turned out to be semi-pointless because we were over there kicking the Collectors "in their daddy-bags" (as one engineer pricelessly puts it). Why there would be this to ... I dunno, highlight (?) that, it has to be the quest for more money!

It looks like a big pile of shitty shit shit.

Mortons4ck:

That was Keith David?

The dialoge! Oh the dialoge, such bad lines!
And apparently shepards slogen is "Nothing is ever simple!", well thats new.

Other contestens for the slogen where "The reapers are coming!" and "Wrex".

WashAran:

Mortons4ck:

That was Keith David?

Not entirely sure, but it does sound like Capt. Anderson went out for a bender and started making bad Fallout jokes.

Meh.

Literally that's the only reaction I'm able to conjure up about this as of the moment: Wasn't great, wasn't TOO terrible but it still didn't look great or something i wanna fork out money over.

It also has the writer from The Clone Wars (The CGI series)...and like that, my interest is dead.

Speaking as the drooling ME fanboy that I am, that looked truly awful.

Maybe it's just because I'm not that big on anime, but, wow that looked bad. The artist for this clearly never bothered to find out what a Krogan even looks like, and the less said about the dialogue the better.

My name is Commander Shepard and ... I'm an anime?

Why does everything related to Mass Effect have to look like such garbage?

I've seen an interview where they talked a lot about what was going to happen in Paragon Lost and this trailer didn't convey anything.
What the hell does some gruff sounding asshole talking about special forces and war with aliens have to do with Mass Effect.

It's like no one involved understands why people liked the first game.

Yeeesh, whoever that is doing the narration really needs to work on his Keith David impression....or just....y'know.....NOT do a Keith David impression.

The amount of bile is strong in this thread.

*watches video*

And now I see why...

Tenmar:
Just looks like the Dead space animes where basically EVERYONE DIES! Seriously that's really all it can be. Oh special forces making a last stand. Yep, all those characters are just going to be cannon fodder getting picked off one by one all in the name of commander shepard.

Would explain why every single one looks copy-pasted.

So freaking generic, I bet one will die in the first 15 minutes. Every 15 minutes, one person dies.

Yeah. I see where this is going. No thanks.

Trailer was shit in every other way anyways.

That was NOT Keith David.

I'm convinced this will suck from the horrible trailer. Here's a tip for the animation cast a trailer is supposed to get me excited about a media product not tell me it's a waste of time. On second thought maybe it's a good thing the trailer was this bad.

-Takes a series which started mosty as "humanity trying to earn its place as a respectable and important race in the galaxy through diplomacy"
-Makes a show about "wherever they go, humans have to fight wars. And it's NEVER their fault"
BULLSHIT

Also, they totally didn't respect the lore of Mass Effect, as people can be seen in this cutscene doing things while neither Sheperd or one of his crewmates are here.
And EVERYONE knows that's impossible : all these soldiers could possibly do is stand in place, hoping that Sherperd will walk by so they can harass him with a million quests to do.

This looks so fucking cheesy, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here