Movie Trailers: Mass Effect: Paragon Lost - Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

Jaeke:
Only one thing can be said about this....

I enjoyed going through that just to pick out the ones I was familiar with.

At any rate, the krogan look nothing like krogan, the dialogue is uninspired and it doesn't seem like much attention to detail was made. An obvious cash in not worthy of my time.

Suennodil:
-Takes a series which started mosty as "humanity trying to earn its place as a respectable and important race in the galaxy through diplomacy"
-Makes a show about "wherever they go, humans have to fight wars. And it's NEVER their fault"
BULLSHIT

LOL. Good point.

Still not as terrible looking as the Mass Effect Dark Horse comics.

bafrali:
"Or die trying"

Really? Could it be more generic and uninspired? It is clear that Star Wars writer aren't exactly trying nowadays but...

That line is always so unintentionally hilarious.

OT: doesn't look interesting.

Yep, I needed to bring out this old meme

Not to be the cynical one here, although I do love being cynical. It's pretty obvious this movie was only made because of how dirt cheap Japanese animation is compared to the west. Live-Action is out of the question obviously since that might involve actually making a good game-based movie (and we cant have one of those)
It's not like this is the first time they took this sort of route (Dante's Inferno, Dragon Age, Dead Space) so it's not like I'm exactly suprised to see this lame attempt at a dramatic trailer.

Oh EA...

I'd be amazed if this gets any sort of popularity, but then again it clearly wont take much revenue to turn a profit judging by the regularity they are making anime spin-offs.

Caramel Frappe:
As much as I love anime, some things just don't work with the art style. Like, did anyone see how they drew the krogans? Pretty plain thus it brings me to wonder why are the krogans bad in this movie? In ME3 I befriended them and Wrex was the best guy around- but all well.

Overall, this may be an okay movie but I just feel like they're trying to hard to reach out or be 'special'. This movie makes me wonder why Bioware approved of it. For Dead Space the anime style worked because of the plot and how they drew the necromorphs, but this? .. Not enough detail is put into those krogans.

For the Krogan, I think they were Blood Pack, so thats one answer made easy.

As for the rest... well I put this in the same catigory as the animated Halo movies...

What the...what the heck is this and why do I feel so disappointed?
Keith David, what are you doing?!

I can give you 100 reasons why I like Mass Effect.

And "The human characters" isn't one of them.

So seeing this anime is pretty much going to be "good humans against bad aliens" (and of course, the bad guys are ALL aliens) is disappointing.

Mass Effect was probably the most recent, if only, scifi shooter that wasn't horribly xenophobic. It was the one thing going for it, and now it doesn't even have that.

Suennodil:
-Takes a series which started mosty as "humanity trying to earn its place as a respectable and important race in the galaxy through diplomacy"
-Makes a show about "wherever they go, humans have to fight wars. And it's NEVER their fault"
BULLSHIT

Also, they totally didn't respect the lore of Mass Effect, as people can be seen in this cutscene doing things while neither Sheperd or one of his crewmates are here.
And EVERYONE knows that's impossible : all these soldiers could possibly do is stand in place, hoping that Sherperd will walk by so they can harass him with a million quests to do.

Agreed, completely.

I'll spend the last **cks I've got to give about Mass Effect saying, since Shepard's not appearing here, they could at least have left Shepard's gender unspecified.

FemShep is Shepard to me.

"nothing's ever easy..." one thing i never got about the mass effect universe is how everybody knows every little detail about Shepards' missions but they couldn't prove the existence of vigil because only he and his team where the only ones who saw it, and the same goes for the conversation with nazara on virmire, but legion quotes the reaper in the second game and now anderson remembers one off hand comment shepard made when seeing the scale of the thorian.

the whole idea of an anime set in the mass effect universe could be awesome but they would have to be like that comic, the blue rose of illium. having it about what was happening in the universe while shepard was doing something in the games. this didn't work for Halo, and i don't think it's going to work here.

OH GOD I didn't find this trailer offensive and horrible!
I didn't consider it a work of art, but what is wrong with me?!
I have no right to be on the internet.

Why does it look like the blood pack are the only bad guys. Aww fuck Clone Wars I am so out- GHOST IN THE SHELL I am SO IN! Oh wait Vega's the main character- STOP FUCKING WITH ME TRAILER! *sigh*

Ohh...

That looks bad. Very bad.

Yeah um... no.

Interesting concept, but I'd rather watch that ME April Fools cartoon than this.

wfpdk:
"nothing's ever easy..." one thing i never got about the mass effect universe is how everybody knows every little detail about Shepards' missions but they couldn't prove the existence of vigil because only he and his team where the only ones who saw it, and the same goes for the conversation with nazara on virmire, but legion quotes the reaper in the second game and now anderson remembers one off hand comment shepard made when seeing the scale of the thorian.

the whole idea of an anime set in the mass effect universe could be awesome but they would have to be like that comic, the blue rose of illium. having it about what was happening in the universe while shepard was doing something in the games. this didn't work for Halo, and i don't think it's going to work here.

Yeah sorry but this anime is going to be bad.

The reasons people will not like this:

1. You can tell whoever did the art for this failed (Krogan face & James' face.)
2. This doesn't have to do with Shepard's squad except James, the most boring character of the bunch.
3. The whole squad seemingly consists of humans... I want to see Asari or Turians! Even a Volus!

octafish:
Ease up there Keith, you'll hurt yourself with that terrible dialogue...now put on these sunglasses...

You mean the poor man's Keith David. I doubt he'd stoop this low. It isn't him either way.

ServebotFrank:
Well which Clone Wars did these guys do? The first one? If they did then I will buy this movie like five times. That Clone Wars show was essentially Samurai Jack with Lightsabers.

No no, this is Star Wars: The Clone Wars, not the excellent Clone Wars micro series.

Quick tip: the writers for TCW are shit. They fired their one talented writer, Henry Gilroy after season 2, and Paul Dini had better things to work on, so they got stuck with writers who thought General Grievous getting dogpiled by Gungans would make for great television.

I'm shocked no one is able to hear that's just some random guy doing his best Anderson impression and failing miserably.

hmmmmm........ nar, not doing it for me.
i'm used to the finer things when it comes to anime i suppose. the quality looks kinda shoddy. but much as i like mass effect, i've yet to find a non-game mass effect instalation that was worth a damn.

Did you know that Bioware also let Funimation do a Dragon Age animated movie? That one actually was visually pleasing. I haven't watched it, but it looks and sounds good.

But this? Vega is already not very popular. I can see how the reception for the character would have been improved if Paragon Lost was a pre-order bonus instead of Javik. At least then we would have gone into the game knowing who the F James was. Also, everyone was pissed about Javik being a pre-order bonus. If they had waited and released Javik in Kune, everyone who bought the game would have bought Javik simply because it would have been "Yeah, you've played through Mass Effect, but now you can play ME3 with a Prothean." People would have flipped out and paid for it. Then recommended buying Javik to all of their friends.

But now we have people who got Javik for free and have to pay for James? Nobody wants to pay for James.

Space. The final frontier The endless abyss.

"Or die trying"

Yeah, I'd probably die trying to watch that from start to finish. Just the trailer was physically painful to watch.

Big mass effect fan here

It had mass effect written on it, and i was already sold... then i watched the trailer and listend to the awful voice acting

ugh.... i was already presold and then i watched the trailer.

Hopefully this will be properly researched and made with the Mass Effect lore, rather than that dreadful 4th book. Trailer looks promising and it seems to be backed by a lot of people I respect, so I'm vaguely hopeful.

Sweet Christmas, this looks terrible. Everything about this is bad: the voice is awful, the script is dull and reveals nothing relevant, the art is drab, the animation is bottom-rung, the gratuitous CG is eye-stabbing, and the composition manages to evoke shaky-headache-cam, even though someone had to sit down and draw this.

Seeing this makes me think how cool an Animatrix-style anthology set in the ME universe would be; the setting is so vast you could do practically anything with it. But this? This is just gross.

No! NONONONONO! Why must anime infect everything?!

From behind, those Krogan looked like Turians. From the front, they looked like.... something..... and dear god those lines and the delivery....

To quote Yahtzee: I would "rather swallow razor wire, pull the end out of my ass, and floss myself to death."

The following would be the best anime video games ( I only have three examples so deal with it ). First two examples of a good anime video game adaptation are fallout 3 , Fallout New Vegas.

Now for my last choice two images of Bioshock

But you have to take into the fact the fallout series is probably the best choice ( you can take more liberties with that series. I can't imagine a lot of ways to do bioshock other then horror and cuteness ). They would also have to avoid the mistakes made in the Halo adaptation and Mass Effect adaption. ( I can see errors in the trailer alone ).

The trailer sucked, yup.... But the movie was an incredible surprise.

The trailer set me up for a bit disappointment, but while watching I couldn't help but enjoy myself. It's just that kind of movie, you don't expect much but it'll grab you and drag you to enjoyment!

Great movie, short and some parts were cringe worthy: but highly recommended!

Falsename:

The trailer set me up for a bit disappointment, but while watching I couldn't help but enjoy myself. It's just that kind of movie, you don't expect much but it'll grab you and drag you to enjoyment!

Wesley Brannock:

Falsename:

...... 'scuse me for a moment. There's something I need to do.
http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/a/a9/Treat-a-Burn-Step-7.jpg/550px-Treat-a-Burn-Step-7.jpg

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here